Proven success ensuring financial and operational accountability and effective risk management, delivering $Millions in cost savings, safeguarding data and financial resources, and streamlining systems to increase operating efficiency and profitability for complex operations in diverse industries. Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and distribution operations, process improvement, leadership, team building, inventory management, real estate, compliance, HR/Payroll, GAAP/GAAS, finance and
Proven success ensuring financial and operational accountability and effective risk management, delivering $Millions in cost savings, safeguarding data and financial resources, and streamlining systems to increase operating efficiency and profitability for complex operations in diverse industries. Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and distribution operations, process improvement, leadership, team building, inventory management, real estate, compliance, HR/Payroll, GAAP/GAAS, finance and accounting, SEC rules/reporting requirements, forecasting, J-SOX, risk management (financial, insurance, litigation), and IT/ERP system conversion/implementation, accounting oversight for international offices. Broad corporate management and Big 4 accounting experiences in small to Fortune 500 enterprises provide keen understanding of how all functional areas of business must work together to yield success. Skilled troubleshooter with positive outlook who thrives in turnaround and restructuring settings and serves as key contributor to strategic planning, decision making, and process improvement organization-wide. Fluent in conversational German.
Specialties: Leadership ● Team Development ● Process Improvements ● Technology Implementation ● Accounting ● Financial Reporting ● Supply Chain/Vendor Management ● Risk Management ● Operations ● Asset/Debt Management ● Treasury/Cash Management ● Human Resources ● Employee Benefits/Payroll ● Budgets ● Forecasting ● Inventory Control/Costing ● SKU rationalization ● China & International Operations ● Manufacturing ● Debt Restructures ● Banking ●Refinancing ● Asset Based Lending ● Audit ● Trademarks / IP ● Internal Controls/Regulatory Compliance ● Japanese Sarbanes Oxley ● Financial & ERP System Implementations ● Corporate Governance ● Establishing Metrics ● Policy & Procedures ● Building High Performance Teams ● Mentoring & Development ● Coaching ● Mergers & Acquisitions ● Domestic and International Expansion
Chief Financial Officer @ Brought on board to develop and lead strategic focus in finance, accounting, Board of Directors relationships, banking, and operations of this global athletic event production company. The company has offices in the USA, Canada and Australia and produces large scale not-for-profit fundraising athletic events as well as owns and operates multiple endurance athletic events.
Operational ares of responsibility: Accounting, Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Process Improvement, Restructure, Infrastructure, Client Contracts, Budgeting, Technology, Infrastructure, Financial Reporting, Insurance, Tax, International Accounting & Tax, Transfer Pricing, Strategic Planning, Treasury/Banking, Debt Compliance, Audit, Risk Management
● Restructured finance team reducing headcount by 25% while improving financial reporting and month end close process from 45 days to 25 days in first 90 days
● Co-Lead merger and acquisition activity of five targets in 2014 including deal structures, LOI's, due diligence, financing, legal entity determination, valuations, and 100% integration of acquisitions into current business operations
● Developed and implemented Company's first annual budget, forecasting process, monthly management reporting as well as weekly financial snapshots to improve marketing response timing as well as providing real time operations decision making tools
● Updated global employment contract process, employee handbook and training manual to provide consistency and integrity across the global platform
● Initiated Corporate "go green" paperless environment including the implementation of electronic data and cloud storage
● Partnered with PE firm in debt refinance for growth opportunities, doubling the credit facilities From April 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Hollywood, CAChief Financial Officer @ Corporate officer recruited to transform operational, financial and information technology strategy for two (Luminance and Hallmark Lighting) private equity owned, international manufacturers, sellers and distributors of residential, commercial and hospitality lighting.
Broad scope of authority including:
- Corporate/Operational Finance - China Manufacturing Operations (Office in China of 30+ employees) - Contracts - Procurement/Supply Chain - Finance/Accounting - Treasury - Debt Compliance - Taxation - Information Technology/ERP - Employee Benefits - Audit - Investor Relations - Risk Management - Human Resources - Logistics
● Enabled access to existing line of credit by cultivating existing banking relationships and ensuring transparent financial reporting and covenant compliance.
● Led $500K annual Logistics improvement plan through Freight RFP, technology/systems development, and internal management process
● Managed sourcing/QC office of 30 individuals located in southern China
● Developed cash forecast model including MOQ’s to balance cash and receivables with inventory strategy
● Led asset based debt refinance including valuation analysis providing the company with liquidity to run the business at market leading rates achieving favorable terms.
● Facilitated corporate restructuring and ensured foundation for optimal operational and financial performance through creation of best in class credit and collections department improving working capital by 64%.
● Streamlined and integrated financial reporting from two separate ERP platforms to improve financial close process from 30 to 11 day process.
● Developed Company’s first comprehensive annual budget, including a forecast model for variance reporting and covenant compliance.
● Established stronger financial reporting for U.S. Capital markets, enhanced cost controls, introduced tax credit and collection strategies, and developed multi-company financial reporting systems. From October 2011 to March 2014 (2 years 6 months) Los AngelesVice President, Controller @ Recruited to build a best-in-class accounting team that would drive improvements, provide scalability and accountability for rapidly growing business.
Internal reporting, financial close/consolidation/reporting, debt compliance reporting, general ledger, treasury/cash management, internal & external audits, risk management, insurance, payroll, retail accounting, AP, AR/credit, asset management, cost accounting, financial oversight of all IT projects, developing and executing business controls, technical accounting, and credit card and travel administration travel. VP Controller had 7 direct reports which managed a team of 43+.
● Supported $3/4 Billion debt restructuring including valuation analysis in six week period.
● Negotiated $120M P-Card program, resulting in improved EBITDA, cash flow and internal controls.
● Transformed manual financial close process reducing close time by 67%
● Established Debt Compliance Reporting process.
● Redesigned cash flow forecasting model to provide improved visability to corporate cash requirements.
● Conducted risk assessment resulting in a two year strategic plan.
● Established Internal Audit and Cost Accounting functions.
● Instituted formal review of all security roles resulting improved segregation of duties.
● Led cross functional RFP process for new ERP financials module and Payroll/HRIS system.
● Outsourced Accounts Receivable and implemented AR Lockbox resulting in reduced headcount, improved customer service, reduced bad debt expense.
● Developed formal treasury function that resulted is $300K reduction in fees & headcount, imcreased automation & internal controls
● Placed 18 lines of casualty insurance resulting in 44% decrease in premiums in 4 weeks.
● Renewed employee benefit insurance for 8,200+ employees resulting in improved benefits at no additional premium. From June 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 5 months) Director of Compliance @ After transforming the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions into best in class functions within the nine US companies and attaining J-Sox compliance with no deficiencies or findings, the Company requested that I develop a new division (Compliance and Risk Management) of the company. Current scope includes oversight or financial reporting, GAAP compliance, all external and internal financial statement audits, 401(k) audit, formal risk assessments, J-Sox compliance, SOD review for ERP system, developing an overall GRC program, financial contract review for all contracts prior to execution, tax compliance, all shareholder risk/control programs. From March 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 4 months) Director of Accounting @ Recruited to establish structure and processes to support ambitious revenue growth objectives driven by overseas shareholders. Hold full Controllership responsibility, overseeing Finance team of 27. Scope includes AP, payroll, general accounting, accounts receivable, credit, customer chargebacks/deductions, financial reporting, consolidation oversight, fixed assets, audits (internal, external, 401(k), etc.), J-SOX compliance, treasury/cash management, risk management, corporate purchasing card program, insurance programs, product liability claims review, sales tax, financial data security, ERP implementation, financial planning/analysis, financial review of all contracts, and annual salary and benefit plan for 1,100 employees. Leader on Ethics Committee; Assistant Treasurer of PAC, Leader on Consumer Complaints Review Board, Member of ITS Governance Board. From March 2003 to March 2009 (6 years 1 month) Vice President, Risk Management @ Recruited as Director of Finance to apply Big 5 accounting/SEC experience to Mom & Pop $300M operation, immediately identified complete lack of infrastructure for insurance and litigation and accepted challenge to bring situation under control. After Chapter 11 filing, was singled out to remain and work with turnaround company and bankruptcy trustee.
Reported directly to Board of Directors with responsibility for insurance, finance, and liability matters including insurance coverage, claims management and litigation for all types of liability, workers comp, property, fidelity bond, crime, and employee benefits insurance for 6,000+ employees. Managed employment benefit audits, prepared ad hoc reports for Board of Directors, senior management, equity investors, actuaries and U.S. Trustee, and coordinated requests from external/internal auditors, counsel, financial analysts, bondholders, and bankruptcy-related committees. Oversaw staff of 90, $16M operating budget, and $3M capital budget. Headed financial team working with bankruptcy counsel, U.S. Trustee, key creditors, and insurance carriers on turnaround. From August 2001 to March 2003 (1 year 8 months) SEC PROJECT MANAGER @ Directed staff of 17 in preparing SEC filings, including quarterly 10Q and annual filings 10K, acquisition/divestiture and other disclosure filings, financial statements, ad hoc accounting analyses, and pro forma financials for company in heavy acquisition mode. Developed quarterly earnings press release information and interacted with 14 actuaries, legal department, and Wall Street analysts. Analyzed possible effects of FASB Exposure Drafts, and researched/implemented new GAAP and SEC reporting pronouncements. From September 2000 to August 2001 (1 year) Greater Los Angeles AreaSENIOR AUDITOR @ Led teams of up to 50 in planning and execution of financial audits for diverse clientele concentrated in manufacturing, biotech, aerospace, hospitality, real estate, oil and energy, and agriculture industries. Supervised, trained, and evaluated staff for national, multi-state, and local audits. Focused on providing added value leading to improved profitability From October 1997 to September 2000 (3 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaFinance @ Accounts payable and general accounting From 1985 to 1987 (2 years) Greater Los Angeles Area
BS, Accounting @ California State University-Northridge From 1994 to 1997 Julie CPA is skilled in: Process Improvement, Mergers & Acquisitions, Operations Management, Internal Controls, Cross Functional Team..., International Operations, Financial Reporting, Finance, Auditing, Accounting, Variance Analysis, Supply Chain Management, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Accounts Receivable, Strategic Planning, Budgets, Cash Management, Leadership Development, Analysis, Risk Management, Forecasting, Real Estate, Consolidation, Management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, International Logistics, Internal Audit, ERP, Cash Flow, Mentoring, Financial Audits, US GAAP, Cost Accounting, General Ledger, Payroll, Concur, Financial Statements, Project Management, JD Edwards, Project Planning, SEC Filings, Transfer Pricing, Vendor Management, Contract Negotiation, Contract Management, Cash Flow Management, Credit Cards