I am a Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Ohio and have a vast amount of experience in the transportation industry, including construction, inspection, and design of small to large transportation projects. Before I received my BS in Civil Engineering from the Ohio State University, I worked construction in the field as a laborer and for
I am a Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Ohio and have a vast amount of experience in the transportation industry, including construction, inspection, and design of small to large transportation projects. Before I received my BS in Civil Engineering from the Ohio State University, I worked construction in the field as a laborer and for ODOT as a summer and fall intern where I developed skills in understanding the means and processes of construction. Since graduation I have been fortunate to work on many exciting projects in both the design and construction phases further gaining knowledge in design of complex transportation projects and the latest construction methods.
Specialties: Project Management, Transportation Design and Construction Inspection
Project Manager @ Project Manager for the Highway and Bridge Division responsible for leading design of vertical and horizontal roadway geometrics, traffic control, maintenance-of-traffic, pavement design, drainage, and right-of-way. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaSenior Project Engineer @ Independent Lead Structural Inspector on the Columbus Crossroads construction project, a $200 million Design-Build contract to reconstruct the I-71 and I-670 Interchange. I am responsible for management of project quality assurance inspection staff and inspection and field documentation of all structural elements. The project includes construction of 22 new bridges, 22 MSE walls, 4 CIP retaining walls and a 1200 foot long post-tensioned T-Wall. From October 2011 to April 2014 (2 years 7 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaConstruction Project Engineer @ • Responsible for marketing and presenting company qualifications for construction inspection
• On-site project management for ARRA railroad and roadway construction projects
• Project engineer responsible for supervision, construction inspection and management of more than $12.9 million of ODOT American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) stimulus money for the Vine Street railroad grade separation underpass in Lima, Ohio. The construction of the roadway was 2,000 feet in combined length along Vine Street, Central Avenue, and Union Street. The project also included 1500 feet of temporary railroad track and 700 feet of permanent railroad track. The project team eliminated the at-grade crossing of Vine Street with the CSX and Norfolk Southern railroads. The new railroad underpass, now a 3-lane roadway, provides a safer multiple-rail crossing for motorists and pedestrians, eliminates traffic congestion and delays, aesthetic enhancements, and reduces emergency response times. Inspection was also performed on the construction of a storm sewer system and pump station, cast-in-place retaining walls, and concrete testing of all concrete placed.
Total project costs for design and construction were estimated at more than $14.7 million. From May 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 6 months) Civil Design Engineer @ • Responsible for developing designs for vertical and horizontal roadway geometrics, traffic control, maintenance-of-traffic, pavement design, drainage, and right-of-way and completing projects on time and with quality
• Responsible for developing project design calculations and reviewed design calculations by peers
• Solved complex design problems using specialized engineering techniques and tools
• Worked with team leaders and project managers to design roadway projects for municipalities, counties, and ODOT From March 2005 to May 2010 (5 years 3 months)
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering @ The Ohio State University From 1998 to 2005 Minor, Business @ The Ohio State University From 2002 to 2005 Joshua PE is skilled in: Bentley Microstation, Microsoft Office, Construction Supervision, Site Inspection, Road, Construction, Project Management, Site Inspections, Engineering, Drainage, Inspection, Transportation Planning, Structural Engineering, Bridge, Pavement Engineering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension