Bachelor’s Degree @
University of California, San Diego
Program Manager who can work collaboratively and cross functionally with Executives and Core Team members from various functions to coordinate and manage all aspects of a large program, and ensure timely completion and adherence to standards. I am able to work independently, handle and manage multiple projects in parallel, and communicate effectively with Executives as projects are
Program Manager who can work collaboratively and cross functionally with Executives and Core Team members from various functions to coordinate and manage all aspects of a large program, and ensure timely completion and adherence to standards. I am able to work independently, handle and manage multiple projects in parallel, and communicate effectively with Executives as projects are driven forward throughout the organization. I have obtained substantial, measurable results in fast paced environments and can lead and coordinate projects across multiple departments while ensuring seamless communication throughout an organization.
I am logic-driven, and have a natural understanding of both human and machine interactions. I have a very broad background in technology, highly suited to a growing environment, or an environment that is moving very quickly in order to solve a particular problem.
Program Manager, R&D @ Management of the R&D Program in an industry-leading prosthetics company developing high-technology products which will enable amputees to live a more fulfilling life. Specialty disciplines include mechatronics, controls / algorithm development, pneumatics and software application development.
Product development responsibilities include:
- Drive cross-functional execution of the R&D program, ensuring all projects deliver on time with high quality, in accordance with business and technical objectives.
- Direct oversight of all projects in the “high-technology” portion of the product portfolio, including all powered devices.
- Responsible for program adherence to an FDA-regulated (Class I, II), ISO-compliant Product Development Process (PDP).
- Development of project schedule detailing activities and deliverables of 20 resources / project with an average budget of ~$5 million/project.
- Oversight of all cross-functional deliverables including manufacturing, quality, marketing, clinical, and finance.
Program management responsibilities include:
- Ownership of PDP and ongoing development of such by applying lessons learned from past/active projects, identifying process gaps, and repairing process inefficiencies.
- Responsible for creation & implementation of standardize templates for most deliverables in the PDP.
- R&D product road map development
- 5-year program expense projections for all current and future development efforts, as well as the creation of initial headcount projections for all projects, cross-functionally.
- Quarterly headcount management & reporting to executive management. Critical function in working with all resource managers to agree on necessary resource allocations and communicate agreements company wide. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Founder, CFO @ Develop and maintain information systems to meet the needs of a variety of small to medium sized businesses. Responsible for managing customer relations, schedules, budgets, and a team of 5 employees in order to deliver highly reliable IT solutions.
- Effectively manage a team of 5 full-time employees by establishing a flat management system with built in checks and balances
- Developed a customized, semi-automated management system for customer devices and workstations
- Established and maintained a 5-star customer approval rating on all of the major review sites
- Created a customized web presence which established #1 position on Google, !Yahoo, and Bing results for a number of search terms From February 2009 to Present (6 years 11 months) Senior Project Manager @ Design and validate engineering systems in EUV, the future of semiconductors. Employ a broad understanding of the EUV platform and system architecture to troubleshoot mechanical systems such as thermal management, vacuum, gas distribution, and controls. Lead engineer for integration and build of the 3300 EUV light source. From June 2011 to March 2015 (3 years 10 months) Friend @ From 2009 to 2011 (2 years)
Master’s Degree, Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation Engineering, A @ University of California, San Diego From 2004 to 2010 Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering @ University of California, San Diego From 2004 to 2009 Joseph Sorrentino is skilled in: Engineering, Engineering Management, Semiconductors, Mechanical Engineering, Design for Manufacturing, Pro Engineer, Product Development, Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, Design of Experiments, R&D, Simulations, CAD, Lean Manufacturing, Process Engineering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension