President and Co-Founder @ Legal Education Assisting People
Senior Attorney @ CKR LAW LLP — Global Presence. Local Expertise.
M.B.A. - Master's @
Joseph M. Clemko joined Beckmen Law, P.C., as an Associate Attorney in 2015. Mr. Clemko’s practice primarily focuses on securities and financial transactions. His other areas of practice include business planning/entity formation, international law, and estate planning, including creating NFA Firearms Trusts. Joseph is an active member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association,
Joseph M. Clemko joined Beckmen Law, P.C., as an Associate Attorney in 2015. Mr. Clemko’s practice primarily focuses on securities and financial transactions. His other areas of practice include business planning/entity formation, international law, and estate planning, including creating NFA Firearms Trusts. Joseph is an active member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the Dallas Volunteer Attorneys Program, and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
Before joining the Beckmen Law Firm, Mr. Clemko worked in Regulatory Compliance for Forex Capital Markets. While at FXCM, Joseph gained extensive experience handling various financial regulatory matters pertaining to both domestic and international regulatory bodies. He received his law degree from Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School. While at WMU, he was actively engaged in pro bono activities, such as Service to Soldiers, a program that provided pro bono legal advice and estate plans for military members scheduled to be deployed overseas. He also competed in several Moot Court competitions, and he was selected to compete in the prestigious Jessup International Moot Court Competition. Also during law school, Joseph clerked for Kevin Schumacher, the managing partner, for Glassen, Rhead, McLean, Campbell & Schumacher.
Mr. Clemko grew up in Oley, Pennsylvania, a small town just outside of Philadelphia.
He received his Bachelor’s Degree from Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI. While at JWU, he was a member of the nationally ranked Men’s Volleyball Team and various other student organizations. Upon graduating from JWU, he pursued his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Alvernia University in Reading, PA.
Securities & Corporate Finance Attorney @ Beckmen Law’s Finance and Securities practice combines the firm’s transactional experience with its proficiency in related areas like mergers and acquisitions and bankruptcy. This section includes:
Commercial Lending and Syndicated Finance
Mortgage Banking and Securitization
Real Estate Finance
Workouts and Restructuring From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaPresident and Co-Founder @ The foundation of Legal Education Assisting People begins with our mission of bringing members of the legal field together to build stronger communities and better attorneys. We started LEAP with the intention to encourage pro bono service in the legal field and to bridge the gap between the classroom and the hands on practical experience students need to become excellent attorneys. Our goal is to inspire our participants to work together by utilizing their knowledge, skills and ideas to create lasting change in the communities in which we serve.
501(c)(3) - Tax Exempt Organization
www.leap-usa.org From December 2011 to Present (4 years 1 month) Compliance Associate @ • Provide advice, analysis and/or resolution on compliance related concerns and answer queries
from various departments
• Review existing, new and proposed domestic and international financial regulations, such as
regulations from the CFTC, NFA, SFC, and FCA
• Produce, review and update Compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis
• Coordinate with other business units on transfers of business, mergers and acquisitions, and
• Coordinate with other business units on new product and services launches
• Serve as project leader on projects as needed
• Review and approve client communications and/or promotional materials as needed
• Assist with Audit preparation and requests from regulators From May 2015 to October 2015 (6 months) Law Clerk @ • Prepare, draft and file PERM (9089) labor certifications and H-1B visa petitions, Labor Condition
Applications, I-140 Immigration Worker petitions, employment verification letters, recruitment
notices, and Prevailing Wage Determinations, and assist in other corporate immigration matters.
• Experience with PERM, H-1B, L-1A/L-1B, F-1, TN, EB-1/EB-2/EB-3, I-140, and I-485s. From December 2014 to April 2015 (5 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaTeaching Assistant for Advanced Practice Skills International @ From September 2013 to December 2013 (4 months) Law Clerk @ The primary area of practice is Oil & Gas Law and Bankruptcy Law.
• Research conducted for current cases such as JOA dispute and transfer of property ownership
• Drafted Client Correspondences, Complaint, Discharge of Lien and Reply Brief
• Engaged in Discovery for ongoing case against a former client for breach of a contingent fee
agreement from an Oil & Gas partnership dispute case.
• Attended motion hearings and administrative law hearings at the DEQ From May 2013 to December 2013 (8 months) Lansing, Michigan AreaManager @ Manage Inventory
Manage Relationship between Multiple Departments and 25 - 30 Employees
Analyze Operations Statements, and Payroll Budgets
Implement and Monitor Performance Measures
Oversee the day to day operations of the site
Responsible for opening new stores and worksite facilities From April 2007 to August 2010 (3 years 5 months) Account Executive @ Develop relationships with current and potential customers
Customize and Execute marketing / advertising campaigns to meet a clients needs From September 2006 to April 2007 (8 months) Health & Wellness Educator /Programs coordinator @ Developed and delivered educational workshops and campus wide programs
Organized Annual Health & Wellness Fairs
Provide one on one Alcohol and Drug education for violation of AOD Policy From September 2004 to May 2006 (1 year 9 months)
Doctor of Law (J.D.), Business Law & International Business/Trade/Commerce @ WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY COOLEY LAW SCHOOL From 2010 to 2013 M.B.A. - Master's, Business Administration @ Alvernia College From 2004 to 2006 Bachelor's, Criminal Justice & minor in Psychology @ Johnson and Wales University From 2000 to 2004 Joseph M.B.A. is skilled in: Training, Staff Development, Immigration Law, Legal Writing, Legal Research, Research, Public Speaking, Non-profits, Legal Assistance, Team Leadership, Leadership Development, Moot Court, Mock Trial, Management, Operations Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension