Experienced non-profit employee turned media planner with a successful track record of expanding client base. Hands-on experience in crafting brand recognition through a variety of social media platforms, blog content management, and other media assignments. Managed extensive client databases and caseloads; interviewing and recruiting interns, volunteers, and participants. Accustom to working in a fast paced environment. Resourceful
Experienced non-profit employee turned media planner with a successful track record of expanding client base. Hands-on experience in crafting brand recognition through a variety of social media platforms, blog content management, and other media assignments. Managed extensive client databases and caseloads; interviewing and recruiting interns, volunteers, and participants. Accustom to working in a fast paced environment. Resourceful problem solver.
Junior Associate @ Planning and executing digital activation for a major Pharma client.
Completed Flight Basics, a Mediavest Media 101 course on system tools, media math, and landscape planning. Able to manipulate and interpret media data for client recommendation. From April 2015 to Present (8 months) Greater New York City AreaSales Associate @ As a part-time team member, Jordana serves the MK Retail Sales team in providing exemplary customer service in the Sophisticated, Chic, Jet-Set, Luxurious style that Michael Kors brands are known for. From November 2014 - April 2015 Jordana worked roughly 29/week, and learned daily operational tasks, stock, and sales technique. Beginning in April 2015, she reduced her hours, however continues to provide the team with the sales support and fashion-styling at the highest levels.
• Managed watch sales for the Classification Specialist Program exceeding sales goals
• Oversaw the movement of $20,000 worth of product per month contributing to team goals
(Dec 2014 - April 2015)
• Conducted monthly floor set overhauling store visual plan per corporate standards (ongoing) From November 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Short Hills, NJYoung Leadership Division Manager @ • Managed donor relations with approximately 300 donors aged 25-45 through one on one and small group meetings
• Lead Project Manager of Opening Event. Recruited event chairs & 15-person recruitment committee. Managed 3 planning sessions. Budgeted, negotiated contracts with venue and catering services
• Opening Event brought in over 100 community members. Largest division event attendance in 3 years, pulling from a diverse group of community members, 25% new attendees to organization
• Pioneered new content management platform for social media engagement and brought interaction up by 120%; implemented plans to understand the value add of different platforms across agency media managers From May 2014 to November 2014 (7 months) Whippany, NJMarketing Associate @ • Created internal and external blog guidelines
• Oversaw logistics and operations for community and partner events.
• Composed content for weekly newsletter From February 2014 to May 2014 (4 months) Boston, MACampus Coordinator @ • Developed and maintained client relationships with campus partners, growing campus partners by 300%
• Integrated brand strategy and promoted client results through social media channels and assisted in developing social media campaign strategy.
• Tripled client base in six months through 50% travel, onsite and virtual meetings, and ongoing contact
• Reorganized Princeton University student interns through strategic planning, mission, and vision drafting
• Pioneered Campus Conversation model for region in conjunction with student group at NYU. Hosted 30 student leaders in an open dialogue forum about leadership development and campus life problem solving
• Trained student leaders through facilitated trainings, over 200 of meetings, overseeing 25+ student interns
• Liaised with campus professionals to maintain grant distribution and student performance evaluation
• Educated students on The David Project’s model of relationship-driven advocacy (community organization through personal narrative). From October 2012 to February 2014 (1 year 5 months) New York, New York & Boston, MAProgram Manager @ • Developed and implemented curriculum for five workplace-based after-school mentoring programs for New York City public middle school and high school students.
• Managed a caseload of 55 clients and 55 corporate volunteers. Conducted regular outreach to schools, parents and clients. Provided crisis management, referrals and resources to clients and families. Trained and closely supervised volunteers to support clients’ needs.
• Completed new client and volunteer intake interviews as well as psychosocial evaluations. Documented all program and match activity through comprehensive program notes and case notes.
• Departmental representative to the Development & Public Relations group. Internally assisted with selecting appropriate candidates for public speaking engagements, fund raising, and media events. From July 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 4 months) Greater New York City AreaSAVI Volunteer Advocate @ • Completed 40 hours of NY State mandated training (March 2012) including legal, medical, and support training to assist in option provision.
• Provide on-call response to sexual assault and intimate partner violence cases 1-2 evenings per month as needed. During calls responsibilities include, but are not limited to: general support/listening, reviewing medical procedures and options, reviewing legal options, assisting with interfacing with hospital staff, safety planning, and distribution of follow up services information. From March 2012 to July 2012 (5 months) New York, New YorkSales Associate @ From April 2011 to September 2011 (6 months) Bridgewater, NJMSW Intern @ • Case management for 10 students with a variety of risk factors including open DYFS cases, behavioral problems, poor grades, attendance, and disciplinary problems.
• Grade based skills building group work with at risk students to develop social, interpersonal, and academic/study skills.
• Collaborative creation and implementation of anti-bullying legislation documentation and follow up process. Conducted school wide training on procedures and objective of legislation’s implementation to ensure safety of all students and staff. From November 2010 to May 2011 (7 months) Plainfield, New JerseyGraduate Research Assistant @ • Compiled relevant data on prospective attendees of statewide conference on campus safety
• Edited and updated the campus safety brochure on stalking and incorporated information on cyber-stalking.
• Assisted professor in the maintenance of binders on relevant course work and supported lesson preparation through visual aid and handout creation for use during classroom lectures From September 2009 to May 2011 (1 year 9 months) New Brunswick, New JerseyM.S.W. Intern @ • Adviser and supervisor of student leadership programs including: Community Service, Education, and Alternative Spring Break: Nicaragua. Conducted individual weekly supervision, oversaw program development, attended programming to ensure quality, and budget maintenance.
• Lead team of 15 undergraduates on Alternative Spring Break: Nicaragua through partnership organization; including travel, general safety, and communication with organization and families in the US during travel.
• Assisted in grant writing for Alternative Spring Break which yielded $14,000.
• Participated in donor solicitation activities and meetings for general agency fundraising and capitol campaign. From August 2009 to April 2010 (9 months) New Brunswick, NJTypist @ Recording transcription, data organization, inter-office correspondence, chart maintenance. From January 2009 to August 2009 (8 months) Sales Associate @ From November 2008 to August 2009 (10 months) East Brunswick, NJSales Associate @ From June 2006 to May 2009 (3 years) Menlo Park Mall, NJCampus Representative @ Recruited students to participate in short-term Israel programs. Internship ended with the closing of the department. From June 2007 to January 2009 (1 year 8 months) Office Assistant @ Assistant to the Office Administration, Responsibilities Included:
- Answering Phones
- Organizing weekly luncheons (working with caterers, ordering, billing, and filing of paper work)
- Reproduction and distribution of monthly events announcement
- Compiling of contacts data base
- Sorting and filing of office documents From September 2005 to November 2007 (2 years 3 months) Sales Associate @ From November 2004 to December 2006 (2 years 2 months) Westfield, NJ
M.S.W., Clinical Social Work @ Rutgers University-New Brunswick From 2009 to 2011 BA, Jewish Studies @ Rutgers University-New Brunswick From 2005 to 2009 B.A, Jewish Studies @ Ben Gurion University Beer From 2007 to 2007 Jordana Ornstein is skilled in: Fashion, Training, Public Relations, Customer Service, Fashion Styling, Program Development, Community Outreach, Event Planning, Leadership Development, Social Networking, Public Speaking, Program Management, Research, Editing, Social Media, Case Managment, Spanish, Window Displays, Community Development, Social Services, Interviews, Program Evaluation, Community Organizing, Social Justice, Organizational Support, Retail Sales, Microsoft Office, Management, Facebook, Marketing, Nonprofits, Blogging, Microsoft Excel, Social Media Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension