To me, it’s all about the user experience. Starting as a car nut with a passion for making the Mercedes-Benz website the most rewarding auto shopping experience online, I moved from product specialization into managing a major site redesign project. From there I put my interaction skills to use with UX Guys and helping build Canada’s largest
To me, it’s all about the user experience. Starting as a car nut with a passion for making the Mercedes-Benz website the most rewarding auto shopping experience online, I moved from product specialization into managing a major site redesign project. From there I put my interaction skills to use with UX Guys and helping build Canada’s largest independent user experience business. Currently I am a Group User Experience Director at Electronic Arts developing a UX process and creating/leading interaction designs for EA's Global Communication Group.
• Interaction design & information architecture
• User-centered design
• Business requirements gathering
• Conducting user and stakeholder interviews
• Content development & research
• Analyzing and modeling user tasks
• Developing effective site structure, navigation and labels
• Competitive analysis
• Project management
Group User Experience Director @ Leading UX for Electronic Arts' Global Communication Group. Here I lead a team of UX professionals creating strategy and interaction design for the variety of web properties, from EA.com to game teams, within EA. To further integrate the UX practice at EA, I created a UX HR structure for the company, expanding communication and education around UX within EA as a whole, and promoting the integration of a user centred design approach into EA's overall game development process.
• Creating UX process and collaborating with the many different disciplines within the game and web teams.
• Defining key roles and responsibilities in an user centred workflow
• Establishing proper user research techniques and persona development
• Expanding communication and education around UX within the organization
• Applying UX expertise in strategic game design From October 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaUser Experience Director @ I was leading the UX strategy and design for EA's NHL and UFC game franchises. I coached the franchise teams on the UX process, built a UX team, as well as designing proper user research and testing techniques. From September 2012 to October 2014 (2 years 2 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaSenior User Experience Architect @ As this company's first hire, my focus was on digital strategy development, information architecture and interaction design. In addition to my roll as a UX Architect, I also provided operational leadership and business development, implemented workflows, policy, and process to support growth of both the company and its employees. Some of my clients included Shaw Communications, VML Digital, Electronic Arts, and Evoco.
Some of my services included:
* Forensic and heuristic audits for content and usability
* Business requirements gathering
* User needs assessment
* Usability assessment
* Content analysis and development
* User task and workflow development
* HiFi and LoFi wireframe
* Software product consulting From March 2008 to September 2012 (4 years 7 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaProject Manager/Information Architect @ I worked in multiple roles on the Mercedes-Benz account at this leading interaction agency. Starting out as a product specialist, I was responsible for having a complete understanding of the product line and educating our team to ensure accuracy for the North American product. From there I moved into Information Architecture, organizing the product and site structure. Having established a solid working relationship with the client, I was put in charge of the site redesign in a dual role as an information architect and project manager. From February 2005 to March 2008 (3 years 2 months) Product Specialist @ In this role I maintained a understanding of a particular clients product line and educated our team those items. I also was part of the quality assurance to ensure product displayed on the site was consistent with current line. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year)
BA, Sociology @ The University of Winnipeg From 1994 to 1998 Jordan Girman is skilled in: User-centered Design, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, User Experience, Prototyping, Project Managment, axure, OmniGraffle, Competitive Analysis, Usability Testing, User Interface Design, Wireframes, User Experience Design, User Research, Heuristic Evaluation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension