Sr. Manager of Orders Engineering @ Siemens Industry
Manager of Quotations\Sales Engineering @ Siemens Industry USA
Electrical Engineering @
University of Central Florida
I have a diverse educational and professional background that gives me a unique perspective and skill set. I hold degrees in information technology, electrical engineering and an MBA as well as being a certified Salesforce.com administrator. I have built and successfully managed multiple teams upwards of 45+ professionals including managers, supervisors, engineers, developers, salespersons and support staff,
I have a diverse educational and professional background that gives me a unique perspective and skill set. I hold degrees in information technology, electrical engineering and an MBA as well as being a certified Salesforce.com administrator. I have built and successfully managed multiple teams upwards of 45+ professionals including managers, supervisors, engineers, developers, salespersons and support staff, both locally and as virtual teams. As an internal business consultant and process owner I work effectively with customers, executives, and key business stakeholders to ensure we are fully leveraging our enterprise systems while managing change within the organization. I am a change agent who enjoys digging into business processes and defining solutions to core challenges. I have a strong analytical mind with proven ability to process information from multiple sources, delivering concise business insights. As a manager I have excelled in a high pressure, high accountability environment with a strong focus on results. Not only have I consistently delivered results in line with business targets, I have done so while improving customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
I have a strong track record of performance and hope to continue leveraging my skills and experience in new ways in the future.
Orders Engineering Manager @ Managed a organization of 45+ Engineers, Designers and Drafters
• Recognized by executive leadership as a transformational leader during internal reorganization. As a result, was given a larger group with a history of performance challenges and tasked with developing and implementing a recovery plan.
• Developed a comprehensive engineering capacity planning model resulting in the identification of numerous gaps and previously un-quantified business risks.
• Migrated key business systems/tools to a consolidated cloud based solution utilizing the saleforce.com platform, eliminating static repositories of data, increasing data transparency thought-out the organization and eliminating all manual labor required to generate key business reports and KPI dashboards.
• Developed an aggressive recovery plan to right size the organization while implementing key process/tool enhancements. Results included an average of >50% improvement in business KPIs while maintaining a positive ROI in the first year.
• Designed a comprehensive engineered product schedule management system on the force.com platform resulting in significant increases in productivity across all teams and a positive ROI in the first year. Recognized as a global best practice within Siemens. System is both flexibility and scalability, it is currently being deployed across North America.
• Established a customer centric culture through team messages, individual coaching and gamification style leader boards in Salesforce.com, publicly recognizing team members who excel in areas of customer satisfaction.
• Established a culture of process innovation and progressive change management by empowering employees to work smarter.
• Subject matter expert in building reports and dashboards in a real-time, cloud based environment. In this role I have traveled globally to provide executive presentations and team training. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaQuotations Engineering Manager @ Managed an organization of 20+ Quotations Engineers and support staff
• Consistently achieved bookings targets.
• Established continual performance feedback and recognition for top contributors with a focus on customer experience resulting in an increase of +40% in quote volume, +4% in reliability, +10% in capability and reducing RFQ (Request for Quotation) acknowledgement time by +80%.
• Standardized KPI calculations across all quotations teams within the business unit and utilized salesforce.com analytics to automate reporting, resulting in improved employee performance feedback and savings of 20+ man hours each month.
• Developed previously un-utilized data within our CRM systems to produce meaningful reports on product competitiveness within our market, filling a major gap in the marketing organization and enabling educated decisions on bid strategy and future product development planning.
• Developed a strong culture of data quality reducing errors in the system by 98%.
• Developed comprehensive budgetary quotations tools on the salesforce.com platform resulting in increased team efficiency and in some cases, eliminating the need for engineering involvement altogether.
• Designed new RFQ management system on the force.com platform significantly reducing non-value added activities resulting in increased transparency and coordination across the organization. Recognized as best practice within Siemens.
• Salesforce.com Champion within the business unit promoting enhanced utilization and user adoption.
Managed a team of developers and engineers focused on enterprise systems and business process improvements
• Refocused team on core development activities significantly improving project schedules.
• Prepared business cases from business process improvements and new application development resulting in positive ROI.
• Attended industry conferences and workshops including Dreamforce. From November 2011 to September 2013 (1 year 11 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaProject Management Specialist @ • Recognized by executive leadership as top talent and promoted to project manager as a development opportunity in preparation for an engineering management role.
• Managed projects combining low and medium voltage power distribution products into an integrated solution for a variety of customer applications.
• Managed multiple multi-million dollar projects simultaneously, while maintaining cost and schedule targets.
• Negotiated contracts and change orders while consistently meeting or exceeding margin and profitability targets.
• Prepared technical and commercial proposals, consistently meeting sales and booking goals.
• Developed a comprehensive supplier quotation management and tracking tool.
• Implemented a PM knowledge base of resources required when completing customer data submittal requests. Eliminated duplication of efforts throughout the department and reduced the time required for new PM to collect resources required to be successful. From July 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaEngineering & Leadership Development Program @ Rotation 1 – Gas Turbine Modernizations & Upgrades Engineering:
• Performed hands on study of gas turbine combustion systems resulting in two published reports that are actively used as reference material in related studies.
• Recognized with a Spot Award for consistently going above and beyond.
Rotation 2 – Gas Turbine Project Management:
• Managed customers inquires on electrical systems with 100% on time response rate.
• Reviewed and evaluated contract requirements.
• Tracked and controlled international logistics schedule to insure on-time project delivery.
Rotation 3 – International Delegation in Mexico for Medium Voltage Switchgear Manufacturing
• Resolved engineering and design challenges on the production line.
• Bridged the communication gap between the factory (Mexico) and engineering (US) resulting in significant reduction in the time required to resolve complex engineering issues.
• Led project that improved the assembly line material availability by streamlining receiving, quality, and warehouse processes resulting in a 50% decrease in the time between delivery of critical parts and their transfer to the production line.
• Designed new engineering to factory handover process (US to Mexico) resulting in increased quality of handover documents and a 40% reduction in process time.
• Designed a new process for customer factory acceptance tests utilizing the salesforce.com platform to eliminate confusion and duplication of efforts. Repeat customers surveyed unanimously identified positive change in the process. From January 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 7 months) Orlando, Florida AreaSenior IT Specialist @ • Provided computer and network administrative support for more than 80 users and 29 servers
• Led developer team working on internal business process applications
• Worked with little to no direct supervision on a ticket based system with 100% on time response
• Provided business process and Microsoft Office training to staff and students
• Assessed IT related spending From September 2005 to December 2008 (3 years 4 months) Orlando, Florida AreaSales Manager @ • Provided detailed sales forecasts based on historical data and market trends.
• Developed marketing campaigns and events to promote the business in local media.
• Worked directly with customers to collect feedback and improve their experience. From June 2003 to September 2005 (2 years 4 months) Founder / Owner @ • Developed business model from concept to implementation, opening a large store front ahead of schedule and under budget.
• Business offered computer sales and service, as well as a cyber café and entertainment.
• Designed marketing campaigns, events and promotions to attract new customers.
• Operated business until established and sold at a profit. From February 2004 to July 2005 (1 year 6 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ North Carolina State University From 2011 to 2013 Electrical Engineering @ University of Central Florida From 2004 to 2008 Computer Network Engineering @ Polk State College From 2001 to 2003 Jonathan PMP is skilled in: Salesforce.com, Process Improvement, Awesomeness, Data Analysis, Integration, CRM, Engineering Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Project Management, Cloud Computing, Management, Product Development, Software Development, Process Automation, Electrical Engineering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension