Associate of Arts, Genral @
Brevard Community College
Mid level Software Engineer with experience designing and implementing large components to solve interesting and complex problems. When designing I focus on decoupling components, ability to scale, and test-ability to insure my products are maintainable and open to expansion. I have a soft spot for cloud infrastructure because I believe that it is the way of tech
Mid level Software Engineer with experience designing and implementing large components to solve interesting and complex problems. When designing I focus on decoupling components, ability to scale, and test-ability to insure my products are maintainable and open to expansion. I have a soft spot for cloud infrastructure because I believe that it is the way of tech companies, especially start ups.
Software Engineer @ From August 2015 to Present (3 months) Bellevue, WaSoftware Development Engineer @ Excelled at finding solutions to customer needs resulting in the release of 2 projects aimed at decreasing permission management pains for developers and managers across the company. Key responsibilities included designing details of high-level vision for code level implementation, finding inventive solutions for implementation, ensuring backfills from old systems into the new were migrated without issues.
• Migrated ~120,000 resources (internal resources that support development), from multiple resource authorities, without any interruption to customers over the course of 4 weeks
• Designed, implemented, and scaled SWF workflows to keep all ~120,000 resources in sync with resource authorities
• Implemented long term notification solution over a quick hack saving an estimated months’ worth of work in scoping, designing, and refactoring code
• Expert on AWS Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
• Refactored a major software component to add new functionality with the hard deadline of 1 week. Generating a lot of positive customer feedback
• Learned new technology to implement an over looked feature on customer facing website within one month From September 2013 to July 2015 (1 year 11 months) Seattle WashingtonAssociate @ Cognizant Technology Solutions is a technology consulting firm based out of New Jersey with a large presence in India. Cognizant’s client had a security clearance requirement for maintenance of their insurance business.
Core responsibilities for the roles represented: Team lead, ensure that tickets were completed in an average of 1 day, worked to drive tickets down through code improvement, point of contact for Citrix team, tracked resources for our section
• Worked with my team of 6 and related teams to help resolve tickets for our whole section. This reduced ticket turnaround time resulting in moving the ticket queue from an average of 120 tickets to less than 10 left unresolved on an average day for my team
• Created tracking for ~250 of our client resources (Laptops, VPN tokens, exc.) on site
• Improve productivity across our section by working closely with the Citrix team to communicate pain points like not being able to copy/paste and saving data on network drive so that it is accessible later.
• Worked with Cognizant and Client’s network admins to setup Client VPN tunnel to our site eliminating the need to go to our client’s location for some technical help and reducing latency form our site. The most noticeable difference was for the employees connecting to the mainframe before they had a noticeable .5-1s lag on key-strokes to the mainframe afterward there was no noticeable lag. From December 2011 to September 2013 (1 year 10 months) Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida AreaProgrammer @ Developed a program that took the raw binary data from a file on an SD card and output the data into a ".csv" file. Project was sponsored by L3 Communications. From May 2011 to December 2011 (8 months) Orlando, Florida AreaOnline Tutor @ Tutor Algebra 2 (and lower level math) and physics to students, in high school, middle school and elementary school, all around the country. From October 2008 to December 2011 (3 years 3 months) Orlando, Florida AreaProgrammer @ Wrote a program in C++ that spoofed network data in a closed network. The program created a new interface for save features of the program that was being spoofed. It also took the saved data and saved it in a location specified by the user and created profiles for different users. This gave the researchers the ability to easily create their own profiles and save data in their own locations rather than being forced to use the default. From June 2011 to July 2011 (2 months) Orlando, Florida Area
Bachelors of Science, Computer Engineering @ University of Central Florida From 2008 to 2011 Associate of Arts, Genral @ Brevard Community College From 2006 to 2008 John (Tony) Torres is skilled in: Software Development, Java, Linux, Amazon SWF, Amazon Web Services..., Spring Framework, Agile Methodologies, Design Patterns, Service Oriented..., Algorithms, Software Engineering, C, XML, Python, .NET, Windows, Programming, Software Design, Eclipse, SQL, Object Oriented Design, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3
Looking for a different
John (Tony) Torres?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension