University of Michigan - Stephen M. Ross School of Business
A results driven senior executive with a documented record of increasing revenue. Proven ability to lead high performing sales teams in a variety of industries and channels. Experience building a highly productive sales team who consistently increased territory sales and exceeded growth requirements in the OEM and Channel Distribution markets with C-level accounts. A career marked by
A results driven senior executive with a documented record of increasing revenue. Proven ability to lead high performing sales teams in a variety of industries and channels. Experience building a highly productive sales team who consistently increased territory sales and exceeded growth requirements in the OEM and Channel Distribution markets with C-level accounts. A career marked by consistent sales growth and superior leadership.
Specialties: Seasoned sales & marketing professional with Sales Management experience. Accomplished in:
- P&L Accountability
- Strategic Sales & Marketing Management
- Problem Solving - Sales Growth Strategy
- Team Building & Leadership
- Value Added Solutions
- Training, Coaching and Developing Teams
- Revenue Generation
- Account Retention and Penetration
- Industrial Sales
- Channel Management
- Sales Force Leadership
- Complex Problem Solving
- Strategic Partnerships
- Critical Thinking
- Proven Record of Success
- E-Commerce Sales & Marketing
National Sales Manager @ • Accountable for P&L of 600 clients; and consistently generating annual sales of $10M+ annually.
• Developed and expanded collegiate and professional sports venues presence, establishing Witt as the market segment leader. Provided distinctive waste and recycling solutions for 75% of new and renovated major professional sports facilities. Achieving $600,000 additional annual revenue in this category.
• Involved in the development and launch of over 100 products moving Witt away from commodity products, resulting in $750,000 annual incremental revenue.
• Expanded E-Commerce revenue over $2M or 200% by new partners, increased product offering, formal review process, goal establishment and promotional programs.
• Initiated new value added refurbishment service, capturing additional $75,000 in first year.
• Increased GPM over $500,000 or 7% through new more profitable distribution channels, unique and custom fabricated products, value added services, margin reviews and purging of underperforming accounts and products.
• Increased the OEM business 70% by targeting and pursuing new opportunities.
• Manage a national independent sales force of 8 Representatives in site furnishing and office products markets.
• Expanded presence and increased sales in markets by selecting and training sales representatives.
• Developed and implemented training procedures and business strategic plans for Sales Representatives.
• Lead trade shows plans, trade advertising and sales incentives to promote product line.
• Direct and oversees the organization's sales policies, objectives and initiatives. From March 2008 to Present (7 years 8 months) Mason, OHMidwest Regional Sales Manager @ (Worlds largest manufacture of Hook and Loop Fasteners)
• Managed a direct sales force to achieve sales and profitability goals. Establish short and long-term sales strategies.
• Was responsible for P&L of $32,000,000 sales area with a client base in excess of 1,000 customers.
• Finished FY2007 with the highest GPM for the Industrial Division and increased GPM over $500,000 or 2% through value-added sales strategies, alternative products and price adjustment.
• Management responsibilities include 20 States, 6 Account Managers and 3 warehouse staff. Previously supervised 8 Account Managers, 2 inside salespeople and 3 warehouse staff.
• Generated sales increase of 3.9%, exceeded Industrial Division growth of 2.8% in FY 2006. Closed FY2005 with a sales increase of 8.2%, exceeded Industrial Division growth of 5.7%, highest within the Division. Achieved highest Division sales increase of 14.2%, above Industrial Division growth of 9.3% for FY2004.
• Completed FY2005 with first and third highest growth Account Managers, respectively 39.0% and 23.9%. From September 1993 to March 2008 (14 years 7 months) Cincinnati, OHSales Specialist @ (A leader in industrial supply)
• Responsible for inside sales management of over 300 accounts generating revenues in excess of $2.5M annually.
• Duties required establishing pricing guidelines, bidding on new accounts and new products in existing accounts, optimizing inventory levels using a “Just-In-Time” ordering system and customer relations. From August 1992 to September 1993 (1 year 2 months) Columbus, OH and Cincinnati, OHSales Representative @ (Largest chocolate manufacturer in North America)
• Organized and managed a $4M territory in Columbus, Ohio.
• Planned and coordinated promotions and sales incentives for three candy and tobacco distributors in excess of $250K.
• Contributed to the top-performing district in a sales group with a sales increase of 25% over objective and ranked second out of 86 districts nationwide. From January 1991 to August 1992 (1 year 8 months) Columbus, OHSales Representative @ (Multinational food and beverage company, worlds largest food company)
• Covered a 13 county territory in central Pennsylvania; responsible for store sales, promotions, displays and distribution of Nestlé products.
• Increased territory sales in excess of $400K and winner of the Creative Tea display contest. From March 1990 to January 1991 (11 months) Hershey, PA
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Sports Management @ Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University From 1985 to 1989 Cumberland Valley HSExecutive Education Center, "Effective Sales Management". @ University of Michigan - Stephen M. Ross School of Business John Winfield is skilled in: P&L Management, Team Building, Cost Reduction, Problem Solving, Cold Calling, Strategic Partnerships, Sales Force Development, Territory Management, Coaching, New Business Development, Marketing Strategy, Spend Management, Training, Sales Management, CRM, Strategic Planning, Management, Sales Operations, Selling, Sales, Leadership, Strategy, Customer Retention, Pricing, Customer Service, Recruiting, Negotiation, Customer Satisfaction, Competitive Analysis, Contract Negotiation, Operations Management, Business Planning, Cross-functional Team..., Purchasing, Program Management, Process Improvement, Forecasting, Income Statement, Lead Generation, Business Development, Performance Management, Sales Process, Account Management, Solution Selling, Time Management, B2B, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Direct Sales, Salesforce.com
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension