FireEye, a leader in providing cyber security solutions, protects the most valuable assets in the world from those who have them in their sights. Our combination of technology, intelligence, and expertise reinforced with the most aggressive incident response team helps eliminate the impact of security breaches. We find and stop attackers at every stage of an incursion.
FireEye, a leader in providing cyber security solutions, protects the most valuable assets in the world from those who have them in their sights. Our combination of technology, intelligence, and expertise reinforced with the most aggressive incident response team helps eliminate the impact of security breaches. We find and stop attackers at every stage of an incursion. With FireEye, you’ll detect cyber attacks as they happen, understand the risk they pose to your most valued assets, and have the resources to quickly respond and resolve security incidents. The FireEye Global Defense Community includes more than 2,500 customers across 65 countries, including over 150 of the Fortune 500.
McGee has more than 15 years of senior leadership experience in global sales, service, operations and management. Prior to joining FireEye, he was Informatica’s executive vice president of worldwide sales and service, heading a $1.2 billion business and a team of 1,500 people in 64 countries. He led the transformation of Informatica’s sales organization through various business models, delivery platforms and the integration of several acquisitions, ultimately reversing the company from flat revenue to consistent double digit growth.
McGee is a strategic hands-on technology executive with deep expertise in monetizing technology on an international scale. A respected business leader with extensive C-level relationships across industries and markets, he builds and executes go-to-market strategies that deliver profitable growth by leveraging product solutions, acquisitions, international expansion, and partnerships. He is a strong fiscal manager, using disciplined budgeting and capitol allocation, pricing, and margin control to optimize results.
A charismatic leader who inspires loyalty and energy, McGee implements broad-based corporate transformation and sets a top-down culture of high integrity and transparency with stakeholders to deliver peak performance.
Senior Vice President Worldwide Sales and Field Operations @ - When I joined FireEye it was because I wanted to do something extraordinary. At FireEye we are re-imagining an entire industry. We are fundamentally re-shaping the security industry in wholly new and different ways and that opportunity comes around (usually) but once in a career.
Our vision is to build a long term, sustainable company with solutions that detect and prevent the most advanced threat activity and with the acquisition of Mandiant, also provide the absolute best in class incident response and remediation capabilities possible for our customers. We fight the bad guys every minute, of every day.
At the heart of FireEye and what makes our company the most unique and rewarding environment are the people. I am fortunate to work with some of the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. Ideas are welcomed and status quo is always challenged. My work leading the Field organization at FireEye is incredibly challenging, inspiring, and the most rewarding work I have done thus far in my career. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Board Member @ Board Member at Elicit, Inc
- elicit gives marketers control over the single most-used feature on a website:the search box.
- With that power at your fingertips, conversion rates triple and abandonment drops by half. You’ve already paid for visitors to come to your site. Now make them customers. From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) EVP Worldwide Sales and Field Operations @ - Reported to CEO. Responsible for global client operations including new software product sales and services. Member of the executive leadership team that collaborated and executed company’s growth strategy; created and developed go-to-market resources, partner ecosystems and drove their execution. Transformed go to market to crisp, segmented customer model with a cloud first approach. Extended global scale by creating ISV partner program that increased productivity and delivered new customer growth. Built a team that led the company to 7 consecutive quarters of record growth. From August 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 1 month) President @ - Full operating P&L with top and bottom line responsibility. Defined company's goals and priorities, led Board presentations and changed culture to a high performance/accountability.
- Led company to record revenue in FY-11, 40% growth
- Moved product line from on-prem to cloud offering
- Opened new development centers in Belarus, Amsterdam, New Hampshire
- Eliminated operational risk due to global tax and GSA exposure
- Maintained 10% EBITDA while tripling invest in R&D From September 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 5 months) Vice President Field Operations, Americas @ - Responsible for sales including direct, channel, inside sales, retail, and e-commerce for the Americas. Total revenue in excess of $1.7B. Achieved 22% growth during my tenure. Key achievements include:
- Relaunched the routes to market providing a full coverage model eliminating past redundancies.
- Established value selling with ROI tools; reduced discount rates by 11% from previous year.
- 100% retention of Management team during my tenure From October 2009 to September 2010 (1 year) Vice President, North American Field Operations @ - Sales leadership responsibility for Adobe's North American field operations. Revenue responsibility in excess of $600MM with a team of 300 employees. From August 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 2 months) Vice President Sales, Americas, Enterprise Software Group @ - Overall revenue and P&L responsibility for a $600MM, 400 employee Field Operations team. All customer facing activities including field sales, inside sales,technical solutions, consulting, partner, OEM, field marketing and maintenance renewals were part of my team.
- During my tenure achieved 31% annual growth and exceeded target each year.
- Integrated four acquisitions ( Legato, Captiva, Documentum, and Avamar) into the Enterprise Sales organization and established the first Global Account program. From November 2004 to May 2007 (2 years 7 months) Vice President Sales, Americas @ - Overall $100MM revenue responsibility for Enterprise accounts concentrating on key vertical markets including FSI, Life Sciences, Government, Mfg., Oil and Gas, CPG, Retail and Latin America.
- Leveraged a multi channel model including direct, inside sales, partner, channel, and O.E.M revenue streams.
- Exceeded target each year with average performance of 107%. From June 1999 to November 2004 (5 years 6 months) Vice President & General Manager @ - Co-founded internal start up group focusing on Supply Chain process improvement.
- Grew business from $0MM to $30MM in four years
- Responsible for product engineering, customer support, and revenue From 1986 to 1998 (12 years)
MBA, Finance @ Columbia University - Columbia Business School From 1997 to 1999 BS, Finance @ Penn State University From 1983 to 1985 John McGee is skilled in: Operational Excellence, Cloud Computing, P&L, Business Strategy, Enterprise Software, Team Leadership, Income Statement, Strategy, Sales Organization Leadership, CRM, Professional Services, Sales Management, Start-ups, Leadership, Solution Selling
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension