Managing Director & Global Managed Services & Outsourcing- Technology Transformations @ EY
Director & Americas- Regional Client Executive @ Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Lead Associate & Client Executive @ Booz Allen Hamilton
MBA, Business- Finance and Strategy @
George Mason University - School of Management
Joel Beaton has over 15+ years of client facing professional services experience with Fortune 500 and Global Public Sector clients at the C-level. He has expertise within enterprise IT, entrepreneurial ventures, financial analysis, management consulting and business development/sales functions within organizations. His specializations are within the market maker, hunter/origination, and capture/pursuit leadership roles. Joel is highly motivated,
Joel Beaton has over 15+ years of client facing professional services experience with Fortune 500 and Global Public Sector clients at the C-level. He has expertise within enterprise IT, entrepreneurial ventures, financial analysis, management consulting and business development/sales functions within organizations. His specializations are within the market maker, hunter/origination, and capture/pursuit leadership roles. Joel is highly motivated, results oriented and a go-getter by nature. He is highly effective in developing and maintaining client and business relationships.
Joel has led Pursuit Teams for +$1B services deals within Fortune 500 and Public Sector- U.S. Federal and State/Local Government clients- including large/complex Infrastructure and Applications Outsourcing, Cyber Security, Advisory, Cloud, and Analytics solutions/services. In the last seven years Joel has qualified, and led strategic sales pursuits of over +$7B in new business. Additionally, Joel has been personally responsible for +$325m over the last five years, over +$750m in the last ten years, and over his career a +70% win rate.
He has had a client facing/leadership role with some of the largest organizations in the world to include EY, Bank of America, HP, Sprint/Nextel, Booz Allen Hamilton, Pfizer, General Motors, U.S. Federal, and State/Local Government. Joel has delivered highly effective enterprise IT solutions and services, process improvement, strategy development, performance improvement, project management, and organizational change solutions to clients.
Known for his strategic nature, business acumen, and interpersonal skills that allows him to become a trusted advisor to clients, senior management and business partners. He has experience delivering and managing engagements to clients around the world. Joel has traveled extensively throughout the world. He has had language education and some level of proficiencies in Spanish, German, Chinese and Arabic.
Market Maker & Strategic Pursuits Executive @ EY is a global professional services firm within the “Big-4” generating +$25B in revenue and over +190,000 employees. EY has four service lines it goes to market with to include Assurance, Tax, Transactions, and Advisory.
Joel is currently working on strategic sales engagements globally within Advisory- Management Consulting and IT services, and he is working across all industries/sectors. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Washington D.C. Metro AreaPursuit Leader & Director/Regional Client Executive @ Hewlett-Packard is a Fortune 15 global technology organization with +$100B in revenue and over +300,000 employees. HP is a provider of services, products, technologies, and software to clients globally.
• Achieved over +70% percent win rate on deals throughout 2008-2015.
• Booked the largest contract with a key enterprise Account (new logo) in 2009-2010, and personally booked over +$650M in TCV from 2008-2015.
• Served as the Pursuit Leader for +$7B in new business opportunities over 2008-2015.
• Led Pursuit Teams of +60 HP (Sales, Account, Delivery, Finance, and Legal) resources and +20 different partners/subcontractors across HP business units on mega deals +$1B in TCV.
• Demonstrated expertise in win strategy, solution/service development, price to win analysis/strategy, competitive analysis/black hat, and negotiations.
• Developed annual strategies that includes client relationship plan, opportunity pipeline development/management, and key services that will be marketed to client base.
• Handled all tasks and activities associated with Client Relationship Management, Sales, Business Development and Capture. Led the marketing and strategy group meeting on a bi-monthly basis.
• Guided topics and facilitated group discussion around business pipeline, deal qualification, client relationships and capture strategies.
• Developed detailed call plans and strategic marketing collateral for existing Accounts and new clients.
• Excelled at demand creation, pipeline development and calling on new logo clients to persuade their perceptions of the HP Enterprise Services portfolio. Exceeded pipeline development quota by +300-500% in 2008-2015.
• Over the 2010-2015 timeframe conducted over +200 new client meetings.
• Nominated by senior management to take part in the Sales Development Program, Leadership Program –training for executives with high leadership potential and successfully completed the Emerging Leaders program. From 2006 to 2015 (9 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaAssociate @ Booz Allen Hamilton, a Fortune 500 global strategy and management consulting company for more than 100 years. Booz Allen Hamilton is a leading provider of management consulting, technology, and engineering services to the U.S. government in defense, intelligence, and civil markets, and to major corporations and not-for-profit organizations. The firm is a well-known, trusted, and long-term partner to clients seeking expertise and objective advice to address their most important and complex problems.
Supported both Commercial (now Strategy&- a PwC company) and Technology (Government & Public Sector now Booz Allen Hamilton) organizations as the youngest Associate within the Organizational Change Team consulting practice that focused on strategy, performance, and enterprise change.
• Managed the professional development and engagements for ten direct reports.
• Served as a mentor for several other Booz Allen team members across the firm.
• Exceeded personal revenue targets by 20% and achieved 100% billable status in 2004-2005.
• Responsible for +$10M in direct report new Account revenue, and directly contributed to +$100M in new logo business in 2004-2006.
• Served as project lead in process improvement initiative for a large organization within a large enterprise Account. Developed business process models and standard operating procedures that improved efficiency of core operations. Facilitated training sessions with client stakeholders and process owners (in and outside the supply chain). Led development of a new operational framework to institutionalize process improvements across the organization.
• Led project team and successfully delivered process improvement and accompanying change management approach that incorporated interactive training sessions and tailored stakeholder communications. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaConsultant Specialist @ • Responsible for business development and growth for two enterprise Accounts within Commercial and U.S. Public Sector.
• Led development of customer satisfaction surveys deployed to organizations within a large Account for evaluation of their core IT outsourcing program. Reviewed current service level agreements with client executives and identified improvement areas that led to an overall service level increase of 50% and substantial client savings.
• Managed delivery of performance measurement and strategic planning engagement for a complex Account that monitored the development of all technology innovations. Generated recommendations for performance criteria and investment targets to senior client management. Delivered a “Balanced-Scorecard” to assist the client in strategic planning for their R&D investments (in the billions of dollars).
• Led risk mitigation and business improvement engagement for a large Account. Employed Six Sigma methodologies, developed and implemented an algorithm solution to ensure success for the client. Prepared all formal deliverables and briefed such deliverables to the client review board.
• Developed the “Risk Management” service offering and go to market strategy for Consulting Services. Authored all service-offering marketing materials to include detailed information about the methodology and client success stories.
• Delivered Risk Management sales briefings to large customer Accounts leading to several engagements through upselling. Performance recognized by senior management with a Performance Award. From May 2003 to April 2004 (1 year) Washington D.C. Metro Area
MBA, Business- Finance and Strategy @ George Mason University - School of ManagementMaster's Degree, Finance @ Indiana University - Kelley School of BusinessB.S., Smeal College of Business @ Penn State University Joel Beaton is skilled in: Strategy, Business Development, Program Management, Management Consulting, Business Process Improvement, New Business Development, Leadership, Management, Business Strategy, Strategic Planning, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Consulting, IT Strategy, ITIL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension