Business Development and Coaching Intern @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Undergraduate Research Assistant @ Research Project Goals: To better understand the early underpinnings of group-based social hierarchy perception to see 1) what cues children use to designate groups as high or low status and 2) if certain social groups are given status designations earlier
Business Development and Coaching Intern @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Undergraduate Research Assistant @ Research Project Goals: To better understand the early underpinnings of group-based social hierarchy perception to see 1) what cues children use to designate groups as high or low status and 2) if certain social groups are given status designations earlier than others.
• Recruited and conducted studies on children ages 3-12 at the Boston Children’s Museum
• Assisted with research design and idea development, stimulus development, background research and literature reviews, and data analysis. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Intercollegiate Business Convention (IBC) Marketing Director @ • Led the marketing team to reach conference attendance goals of over 1100 attendees through personal outreach, social media, and campus ambassadors
• Managed and communicated with over 50 Campus Ambassadors from all over the world to create communities to foster women’s empowerment events and recruit IBC attendees
• Championed the new CALP Executive program that promoted regional leadership and improved personal communication structures
• Collaborated with Communications Committee to design publicity material for convention and social media campaigns. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Make It Happen Magazine Co-Editor @ • Created the innovative annual magazine theme of "(Re)presentation" which promoted confidence to over 2,000 readers through empowering stories and images of women in business, media, and entertainment.
• Solicited writers, edited articles, and maintained relationships with the interviewed women (including Geena Davis, Tracy Britt, Sheila Marcelo, and more)
• Created a template and storyboard for design, and followed through with final design and printing for distribution (both on and off campus) From January 2014 to December 2014 (1 year) Business Manager @ • Conducted all business transactions including recording, contracting concert halls, and transportation.
• Planned all logistics for audition process including room reservation, publicity, and volunteers
• Managed email communications and contact with external organizations about performance gigs
• Coordinated fundraising initiatives for service tour to Taiwan, CD production, and socials budget
• Delegated publicity, social media, alumni relations, and concert preparation assignments From January 2014 to December 2014 (1 year) Research Intern @ Explored cancer research in the Kalluri Lab and learned basic lab techniques From May 2014 to June 2014 (2 months) Houston, Texas AreaFounder and President @ • Raised over $3000 for CCISD intermediate schools music programs for economically disadvantaged students
• Organized dozens of students from across the district for fundraisers and music performance outreaches at retirement homes From August 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 5 months)
Psychology @ Harvard University From 2013 to 2017 Clear Lake High School From 2009 to 2013 Joan Zhang is skilled in: PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Stata, Photoshop, Research, Customer Service, Writing, KeyN, Publication Development, Statistics, Public Speaking, Nonprofits, Pageants, Piano Performance, Event Planning, Prezi, English
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension