Chief Financial Officer @ Papa Joe's Gourmet Markets & Catering
Principal @ JJK Consulting 586-214-3387
EVP/Chief Financial Officer @ Lasertec, Inc
Senior Finance Executive with an operations background having the ability to integrate financial data with business operation savvy in order to solve current problems and plan strategically for the future. Recognized as knowledgeable in the financial realm while interfacing with customers and vendors creating solid relationships and promoting the company. Proven success in a team-oriented approach to
Senior Finance Executive with an operations background having the ability to integrate financial data with business operation savvy in order to solve current problems and plan strategically for the future. Recognized as knowledgeable in the financial realm while interfacing with customers and vendors creating solid relationships and promoting the company. Proven success in a team-oriented approach to management allowing flow of ideas from all sources and analyzing the results to form the best decision.
Chief Financial Officer @ From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Principal @ - Providing consulting services to Harris Marketing Group.
- Member of FEI - Detroit Audit Committee.
- Providing guidance to consulting principals to set up LLC status.
- Member of FEE-NIX, a not-for-profit financial group that provides consulting, contract and permanent work to various industries.
- Provided consulting services to McCann-Erickson on new business venture.
- Provided direction through year-end processes to Lasertec, Inc.
Assistance with start up or small to medium size companies in establishing accounting systems and processes. Provide CFO expertise to same companies. From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) EVP/Chief Financial Officer @ Responsible for accounting, purchasing, quoting and human resources. Directed creation of annual budget, monthly and year-end financial statements, taxes and reporting to bank. Improved processes and implemented new policies, procedures and systems. Maintained customer pricing, customer contracts and managed customer service. Initiated cost control measures in several areas.
- Increased revenue by $175,000 annually through outsourcing plan
- Initiated cost control measures to reduce occupancy costs by 15%
- Negotiated pricing and delivery of goods to reduce inventory carrying-costs by 10% From June 1995 to March 2012 (16 years 10 months) Interim EVP/COO @ During interim position as COO, contracted initial SAS70 audit, assisted in the creation of a disaster recovery plan and managed the production departments. From April 2007 to October 2009 (2 years 7 months) Sr. Manager of Reporting and Special Projects @ Responsible for preparing financial reporting and analysis for consolidated entities including: forecasting, cash management and audit workpapers. ($500 million sales)
Was the principal interface with the audit and tax teams and the liaison of the banking relationship. Prepared the financial analysis for auditors involved in pending merger. Involved in several other projects including software implementation, development of a cash-forecasting model and assisting with the divestiture of subsidiaries. From June 1993 to June 1995 (2 years 1 month) Controller @ Managed production and media billing, general accounting and payroll departments. Responsible for preparation of corporate financial and client profitability reports. Involved in projects such as implementing a new media planning, buying and billing/paying system, instituting a flexible benefits program and implementing financial policies across the subsidiaries. From June 1987 to June 1993 (6 years 1 month) Accounting Manager @ Managed 20 person accounting department. Insured the accuracy of the financial statements and store profitability reports. Responsible for annual audit work papers. From January 1985 to June 1987 (2 years 6 months) Supervising Senior @ Performed audits, reviews and internal control studies. From June 1981 to January 1985 (3 years 8 months)
Bachelor's, Accounting @ Michigan State University From 1977 to 1981 Joan Kulka is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting, Problem Solving, Contract Negotiation, Contract Management, Budgeting, Forecasting, Vendor Relations, Customer Service, Project Coordination, Project Implementation, Mentoring, Staff Training, Policy/Procedure Development, Cost Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension