Technical Sales Specialist at Flowserve- Pumps and Seals @ Flowserve Corporation
Manager @ Weir Oil and Gas
Engineer @ EagleBurgmann
B.E, Mechanical @
Competent and result oriented Engineer, rotating and static equipment specialist and end to end process management professional offering 17+ years of extensive experience in service, applications, engineering, operations, process excellence, product positioning, strategic planning, and technical sales application to pumps, compressors, turbines, wellheads, BOP, valves and other rotating & static equipment. Adept in mechanical seals project
Competent and result oriented Engineer, rotating and static equipment specialist and end to end process management professional offering 17+ years of extensive experience in service, applications, engineering, operations, process excellence, product positioning, strategic planning, and technical sales application to pumps, compressors, turbines, wellheads, BOP, valves and other rotating & static equipment. Adept in mechanical seals project handling including design, service, contract negotiation, bidding, and up to date knowledge of latest technologies, regulations, API guidelines and compliance in industry including Oil and Gas and Refinery market segment.
• Global experience in Oil & Gas,Refinery, Power, Water, Desalination, Petro-chemical, Pharmaceutical, Pulp & Paper, Food and Beverages sectors.
• Strong leader with a proven track record of growing, sustaining, integrating and turning around businesses.
• Tremendously successful in leading, motivating, building, managing teams and harnessing diversity.
• Adept in solving complex business problems and savvy in adopting technology to build competitive advantages.
• Up to date knowledge of latest technologies, regulations, API guidelines and compliance in manufacturing industry including Oil and Gas market.
• Strategic Business Planning
• Strategic Product Pricing, Positioning and Analysis.
• Value Proposition and Balance Score Card.
• Competitive Positioning
• Sales Growth Strategy and Sustainability
• Competitive Analysis and differentiation
• Business Development
• Financial Ratios and Strategic Profitability Analysis
• Investment Valuation & Quantifying Investment
• Capital Budgeting & Acquisition Valuation
• Product Management.
• Sales Management.
• Operation Management.
• Customer Relation Management.
• Human Resource Management.
• Project Management.
• Lean Champion and Certified Internal Auditor for ISO 9001- QMS
Technical Sales Specialist at Flowserve- Pumps and Seals @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) CanadaManager @ • Start-up new revenue stream for Weir Oil and Gas-Mechanical Seal service Center. Created a new Value Stream Map for the Mechanical Seal service business to streamline operations.
• Planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the activities and operations of Mechanical seal service and engineering department.
• Strategic business planning for five year strategic plan for the division.
• Product positioning and value propositions for the targeted market segments for rotating equipment and turbomachinery.
• Capital budgeting and CAPEX for new projects in the division which are planned for fiscal year and next three to five years.
• Business development –Rotating Equipment, Oil field equipment -Wellhead, BOP and Valves for upstream, midstream and downstream processes for Qatar and Oman market with market analysis using porter five forces.
• Providing technical solutions to the clients for up gradation, re-engineering, reverse engineering, with an objective to improve MTBR and MTBF of rotating and static equipment.
• Retrofit of rotating and static equipment including mechanical seal; providing technical training and solution selling to increase plant reliability and efficiency.
• Advance part solution; up-gradation of pump parts including re-engineering, reverse engineering, and applications of pumps and mechanical seals support to the customer with the assistance of APS department(Advance Part Solution) From June 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 10 months) Engineer @ Provided customer support and service to increase plant reliability by recommending innovative technical solutions. Major segment: Oil and Gas, Power and Desalination, and refineries.
Consulted and negotiated with clients to prepare engineering specifications, explain proposals, and present engineering reports and findings for seal performance and failures.
Participated directly in the design, development, and inspection of technical projects and in the engineering work of the department.
Application Engineering: Prepared recommendations and performed selection of materials compatible with the operating conditions of specific service and application.
Participated with application engineers in promoting product line related to API 682(American Petroleum Standards) to upgrade non API pumps of industry to API 682 standards.
Failure analysis and recommended suitable solutions for better performance of seals; improved reliability in more than 40 seals.
Root cause analysis on premature seal failure and concluded seal failure cause.
Troubleshooting mechanical seals and rotating equipment for premature failures; identified different type of seals for wrong seal selection, abnormal process fluctuations and conditions, pump abnormalities, understanding pump curves, and comparing with original performance curves.
Preventive and reliability maintenance, recommendations and guidance to the plant engineers and fitters on start-up and in operations of pumps and seals.
inspection, seal failure analysis, and troubleshooting.
Assisted in installations and troubleshooting at customer’s site for premature failures.
Projects: Involved with projects department for analysing pump data sheets to understand the application and service of the pumps related to project for selecting suitable mechanical seals.
Trainings, Workshops and Seminars; demonstrating fundamentals, design, installations and trouble shooting of mechanical seals.
Contract review From July 2008 to June 2013 (5 years) Area Manager @ Up-gradation- 4 single to double seals up-gradation Project along with supply systems-53B at refinery client-downstream client.
Retrofitted more than 25 seals in less than 5 years at major refinery.
Retrofitted 20 FS seals installed in ITT Goulds pump at major cooling district client.
Retrofitted 2 Competitor Split Seals for Water distribution Client in Aversa pumps.
Retrofitted 7 Competitor seals at Power and Desalination Client for Brine recirculation Pumps.
Replaced 5 Fabric expansion Joints at major Power Client.
Retrofitted more than 10 seals at major Petrochemical client, high temperature application.
Upgraded more than 15 seals at one of the food and beverages client.
Various gland pack conversions, enhancing MTBF& MTBR, reducing the emission levels.
Retrofitted 4 IR gas compressor seals (total 8 Dry Gas Seals installed-DE & NDE).
Inorganic Growth; Involved in 3 Revamps; converted/retrofitted and upgraded Seals in approx. 40 pumps fitted with competitor seals and got close to 100 % share in major refinery.
Successful projects for Oil & Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical: Socar Aurora phase 1;6 pumps and sealing systems, Vopak phase 6 and 7.Gulf Petrochem, Emarat, FRCL, ENOC, ADNOC-IPIC, Veolia, TC Gulf, FEWA, Essa Engineering, ADCO, GASCO, ADMA-OPCO. From July 2008 to June 2013 (5 years) Sr Area Manager @ Led application support and service, operations and business development for Mechanical Seal division.
Applying reliability solutions and enhancing the rotating equipment’s performance.
Application and service study to offer better solution and proper design –perfect fit and match for the application.
Providing root cause failure report for catastrophic failures and better solutions.
Re-designing and upgrdations of mechanical seal to suit the process and application- reliability solution.
Redesigning and modification of standard products to enhance MTBF(mean time between failure) and MTBR(mean time between repair).
Onsite support for installations and commissioning of sealing systems.
Attended Customer complaints and analysis seal failures.
Supervised and assisted team of coatings for onsite jobs.
Facilitated onsite technical meetings and understanding the needs and VOC of the clients.
Developed three OEM accounts and five end users for both organic and inorganic growth
Managed team for coating and packing division; supported applications and service.
Supported local sales and service team of eight members in their day to day activities.
Participated directly in the design, development, and inspection of technical projects
Collaborated technical review of incoming RFQs to identify technical deliverableS..
Assisted design and application team, HQ (USA) for seal selection and proposal drawings.
Arranged kick-off meetings with the clients to negotiate and reconcile the orders, providing technical solutions
Conducted 13-15 trainings and seminars. From December 2006 to July 2008 (1 year 8 months) IndiaSales and Service engineer @ Sales, service, engineering support, onsite troubleshooting, and application support.
Sales and Applications:
First agitator seal order for leading Pharmaceutical Company.
Converted 14 competitor’s Single seals for black liquor application.
Retrofitted 25 competitors’ seals in coating plant of Major Pulp and Paper Client.
Sold first CARTEX seal design in Titanium metallurgy, replacing Competitor seal at Paper Industry.
Over 6 years of service (after sales) experience.
Installed 30 mechanical seals for KSB pumps (one single order) for one of the major distillery client. From April 1998 to October 2003 (5 years 7 months) India
Executive Business Administration, Business Administration and Management, General @ University of Notre Dame, USA From 2009 to 2010 B.E, Mechanical @ Karnatak University From 1992 to 1996 Jerrie(Jasdev) Singh is skilled in: Value Selling, Expansion Joints, Petrochemical, EPC, Strategic Planning, Pricing, Pumps, Engineering, Petroleum, Piping, Water Treatment, Gas, Oil/Gas, Hydraulics, Seals
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension