Creativity and Innovation facilitator @ Yellow Rabbit Pie
Freelance Photographer @ Potratz Photography
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Psychology and English, 3.5 @
State University of New York College at Fredonia
Graduate from the International Center for Studies in Creativity, interested in the application of creative problem solving to challenges within a social context. Keen eye for design, and skilled at articulating ideas into effective content. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously. Expert facilitator and trainer of the creative problem solving process.
Graduate from the International Center for Studies in Creativity, interested in the application of creative problem solving to challenges within a social context. Keen eye for design, and skilled at articulating ideas into effective content. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously. Expert facilitator and trainer of the creative problem solving process. Strong strategic thinker and creative change leader who has shown demonstrated strength in accomplishing goals.
I am not only a full-time student of life, I am also an artist, writer, photographer, mentor, and hoarder of all things obscure and beautiful. My interest in innovation is fueled by my love of creativity and my belief that if given the right tools, anyone can change the world.
Innovation Alchemist @ From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Creativity and Innovation facilitator @ GROUP DYNAMICS
• Trained in the Foursight personality preferences indicator, able to assess individual’s personality preferences, and build dynamic and effective teams.
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
• Expert facilitator and trainer of the Creative Problem Solving Process, skilled at bringing creative thinking to individuals and organizations seeking change.
• Created a lesson plan for instruction of the thinking skills model of creative problem solving to an undergraduate class. Taught students about the process and trained them on its application. Comfortable training and teaching both novice and beginner in the creative problem solving process.
• Managed small teams utilizing IDEO’s Human Centered Design and Design Thinking processes on challenges of a social context, and created sustainable changes in their organization.
• Consulted with Business Process Solutions Group, LLC for Avery Dennison on Cooper and Holmes stage gate innovation process for new product management.
• Focused my research and work throughout my master’s project on the importance of mentor relationships to teens aging out of the foster care system. Created a process where mentors could utilize tools from Design Thinking methods to increase leadership potential in their mentees who were in the foster care system.
• Trained in several innovation processes that utilize a step-by-step process for strategic planning, such as the waterfall and stage gate processes of innovation. Can confidently move from one stage of the process to the next with completion of the previous stage. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Freelance Photographer @ Professional Boudoir, Portraiture, Art and Travel Photography From December 2010 to Present (5 years 1 month) Client Navigator and Project Manager @ From December 2013 to November 2014 (1 year) Rochester, New York AreaOrganizer @ Sponsor and Donor wrangler, and all around member of the TEDxRochester team. From August 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 4 months) Event Recruitment Specialist @ COMMUNITY OUTREACH
• Recruited and trained over 125 teams for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, many of which were secured through cold calling into the community and networking through local events.
• Increased team goal by 70% across the markets of Syracuse, Buffalo and Rochester in the Eastern Division.
• Executed the planning and development of several major community events, bringing in new revenue and sponsorships to the American Cancer Society and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
• Initiated, planned and secured food truck vendors for the first ever 100th birthday celebration at the Buffalo and Rochester walks for over 10,000 participants.
• Managed content and promotions for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Buffalo, NY Facebook page, giving Making Strides a stronger social media presence and connecting the organization with a broader audience.
• Designed the flyer for the 100th birthday party that was used for the national website, facebook page and at the walk itself to promote the event in both Rochester and Buffalo.
• Team member on the two highest grossing cities per capita in the nation for this year’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks, bringing in recognition, new sponsorships and a 40% combined increase in online donations from last year in both Buffalo and Rochester. From May 2013 to November 2013 (7 months) Rochester, New York AreaMental Health Counselor @ LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
• Developed leadership skills in clients that allowed them to seek educational and professional advancement.
• Managed day to day household tasks and on goings for a group home of fourteen rotating clients and 5 full time staff which included meal planning, household maintenance, medication management and crisis intervention as necessary. Proven ability to confidently deescalate crisis situations.
• Provided ongoing counseling and case management services for individuals with serious and persistent mental illness in a congregate care level setting in accordance with Medicaid standards. Developed quarterly service plans with service goals to track the improvement and achievement of goals for a case load of 4-5 clients. From June 2008 to June 2012 (4 years 1 month) Rochester, New York AreaBehavior Technician @ STAFF MANAGEMENT
• Direct care staff supervisor and trainer for the successful implementation of behavior support plans for five individual residential alternative group homes and fifty full time staff.
• Analyzed behavior data weekly and developed data metric reports for monthly review to quality assurance team and senior psychologist.
• Created systematic behavior management tools to be implemented by direct care staff, allowing for the planning of a course of treatment. This allowed us to observe an overall dramatic decrease in maladaptive behaviors and increase in positive affective behaviors. From November 2006 to June 2008 (1 year 8 months) Jamestown, New York Area
Master of Science (M.S.), Creativity, Innovation and Change Leadership, 3.98 @ State University of New York at Buffalo From 2011 to 2013 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Psychology and English, 3.5 @ State University of New York College at Fredonia From 2002 to 2006 High School, Math, Art, English @ Silver Creek Central From 1998 to 2002 Jennifer Potratz, MS is skilled in: Community Outreach, Leadership Development, Psychotherapy, Mental Health, Leadership, Mental Health Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Fundraising, Training, Nonprofits, Psychology, Workshop Facilitation, Event Planning, Program Development, Organizational Development
Looking for a different
Jennifer Potratz, MS?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension