Highly organized and energetic with a strong track record of sales and project management success in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Significant technical background in molecular biology, cell culture, genomics, cytology, genetics and protein chemistry. Outstanding multitasking and time management skills with a demonstrated history of leadership and innovation. Vast network of scientific contacts in the New
Highly organized and energetic with a strong track record of sales and project management success in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Significant technical background in molecular biology, cell culture, genomics, cytology, genetics and protein chemistry. Outstanding multitasking and time management skills with a demonstrated history of leadership and innovation. Vast network of scientific contacts in the New England area. Proficient communication, presentation, training and computer skills. Currently working as a Business Development Manager at SGI-DNA.
Specialties: Project Management
Standard Operating Procedure Generation
Business Development Manager @ From October 2015 to Present (1 month) Founder @ Boston Women in Biotech supports the advancement of Women in the Life Science Industry. Over the next ten years Women will play a larger role in the Life Science industry. We are committed to supporting those who believe in the need for measurable change at a personal and industry level. From November 2008 to Present (7 years) Field Application Specialist @ Specialist in charge of technical troubleshooting, project management and sales of the top innovative technologies at Sigma Aldrich including RNAi, ZFNs, Transgenic Animal Models and Disease Model Cell Lines and Screening services. Responsible for technical training for 6 account managers. Active participant of innovation implementation program. From January 2013 to September 2015 (2 years 9 months) Field Representative Covering New England Pharma and BiotechLife Sciences Specialist @ Life Science Specialist responsible for technical troubleshooting and business development for large pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts in New England. Built an extensive contact network in managed accounts and beyond. Exceeded sales goals each year. Optimized sales and marketing process within organization and contributed to new product development. From June 2010 to January 2013 (2 years 8 months) Field Representative Covering Massachusetts and New HampshireScientific Product Sales Consultant @ General scientific product support and account management of the South East United States. From February 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 5 months) Cantor @ Professional soloist and choir member at St. Charles in Waltham, MA. From November 2001 to February 2010 (8 years 4 months) Member @ From 2001 to February 2010 (9 years) Product Manager @ • Management of data analysis and milestones of competitive intelligence and managed market database.
• Creation of internet based training tools.
• Business development and client training. From February 2008 to February 2009 (1 year 1 month) Field Applications and Sales Rep @ • Coordinated sales activities throughout New England from Maine to New Jersey.
• Developed extensive contact network.
• Attended vendor shows, gave technical seminars and generated marketing literature. From January 2007 to December 2007 (1 year) Associate Scientist II @ • Served as the PCR technical expert for the Models of Disease Center (MDC). Provided support to multiple internal customers throughout Novartis.
• Achieved a performance rating in the top 10% of the company and a promotion within first year.
• Primary department contact for multiple vendors: Invitrogen, ABI, Biorad, Agencourt, NEB, Promega, Stratagene, Roche, Qiagen, IDT among others. Facilitated all department vendor presentations/training.
• Increased throughput tenfold by implementing automation within existing protocols.
• Represented department on NIBR Health and Safety board. Conducted department assessments.
• Responsible for training and maintenance of instruments for quantitative PCR, imaging, liquid handling, and DNA extraction.
• Initiated and managed beta test of genotyping outsourcing vendor Transneyx. From March 2004 to January 2007 (2 years 11 months) Associate Scientist @ • Managed multiple projects and organized purchasing for entire lab.
• Introduced novel technologies into department and effectively set up microbiology lab. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Scientist II @ • Initiated and carried out SNP mutation detection projects sponsored by the National Cancer Institute.
• Worked directly with external clients regarding technical requirements and project milestone updates. Often involved formal presentations. Received excellent feedback from clients.
• Reduced PCR costs 8 fold and implemented 384 well format. Produced SOPs for screening.
• Trained 2 employees and delegated tasks among them. Led weekly Mutation Core meetings. From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) Researcher @ • Implemented the yeast homologous recombination system in target vector construction using novel techniques.
• Attended weekly teleconference meetings to coordinate activities throughout the company. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years)
BS, Biology and Spanish @ Brandeis University From 1997 to 2001 Bishop Fenwick High School From 1993 to 1997 Jennifer Elliott is skilled in: Marketing, Project Management, Networking, Event Planning, Business Development, Biotechnology, Lifesciences, Biochemistry, Account Management, CRM, Cell Culture, Cross-functional Team..., Data Analysis, Genetics, Genomics, Laboratory, Leadership, Life Sciences, Management, Medical Devices, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Oncology, PCR, Pharmaceutical Industry, Product Development, Protein Chemistry, Sales, Sales Operations, Technology Transfer, Training, qPCR, SOP, Biopharmaceuticals, Drug Discovery, Product Launch, R, Validation, Cell Biology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension