Head of Marketing (Tribe Segment Lead: SOHO) @ VodafoneZiggo
Social Media Manager / Digital Strategist @ FNB South Africa
NQF 7 Diploma @
University of the Witwatersrand
A love for spoken word and the beauty of design, together with a penchant for anything binary brought me to the world of Digital Marketing and Communications. I am a strategic thinker and believe that anything is worth trying once. I am also a regular conference speaker and guest lecturer. Topics include: Social Media, Content Marketing, LinkedIn
A love for spoken word and the beauty of design, together with a penchant for anything binary brought me to the world of Digital Marketing and Communications. I am a strategic thinker and believe that anything is worth trying once. I am also a regular conference speaker and guest lecturer. Topics include: Social Media, Content Marketing, LinkedIn Recruiting and EVP Marketing.
“Nothing will work unless you do.” Maya Angelou
Portfolio Manager - Content, Digital and Social Media Marketing @ Responsible for Social Media, Digital and Content Marketing.
Digital campaign development, social paid media placement, SEM and Social Media on both a strategic and operational level.
I joining Vodacom in 2014 as Portfolio Manager: Content Marketing and within 5 months was given more responsibility in the form of additional Digital Marketing and Social Media projects.
I have played a critical role in setting up the Vodacom Social Media and Content Marketing strategy and also communicating the value of online marketing to the rest of our stakeholders which resulted in a 75% increase in digital spend in the business.
My team and I have managed to establish the importance of Thought Leadership and content marketing through the Vodacom NOW! Blog and also increased Call Centre deflection cost savings through effective social media and online customer service.
Represent Digital Marketing in Brand Creative Exco.
Represent Vodacom as a speaker at the various conferences on digital marketing, media and social media.
Assisted Vodacom Lesotho and Mozambique in rolling out their Social Media footprint.
Responsible for media spend and performance reporting (produce month-end report and ad hoc post implementation reports)
Manage strategic digital marketing development projects
Drive overall digital strategy, best practice and thought leadership within the Vodacom business From August 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) MidrandSocial Media Manager / Digital Strategist @ I was responsible for Social Media marketing and content strategy, rolling out and implementing new Social Media platforms and policy, process and training in FNB South Africa. I am also involved in various digital campaigns from a strategy perspective, including the original You Can Help campaign and it's evolution into Moments of Delight. One of my main responsibilities is to partner with various ATL marketing managers and agencies to, together with our digital agency (Gloo) develop social / digital visions and strategies that supports integrated marketing campaigns.
I have extensive knowledge on both the recruiting and marketing platforms on LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Facebook and am also very involved with Thought Leader evolution in our Blog environment with a view toward developing a community of digital leaders within the overall FNB team. I have played a roll in introducing Content Marketing into the business and am proud to say that this is now fully implemented and exciting pieces of content are created every day (see video below).
I am editor of the FNB blog which is growing from strength to strength. Started in January 2013, it is now one of the most visited blogs in South Africa with content ranging from economic data, industry insights and "You Can Help" stories. (blog.fnb.co.za).
I have successfully implemented various Innovations within the FNB environment, including in-house Social Media training (which I developed). This is now part of standard Banking Channels and Graduate Induction. I have trained numerous Exco members and FNB teams. I also developed a Dynamic Agriculture Infographic tool, the first of its kind in the Financial Services sector in SA.
I have a B.BC degree from NWU and am a certified JAVA developer. I also recently completed my NMDP certification through Stellenbosch University Business School and started studying towards a Masters in Digital Marketing through the Digital Marketing Institute of Ireland From August 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 1 month) Bankcity, Johannesburg CBDDigital Communications Manager @ Manage all digital channels for Dimension Data Middle East and Africa.
• Build strategy and manage budget as well as final outcome.
• Assist Marketing Managers with digital campaigns and strategies.
• Run all Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Blog)
• Editor of the internal online magazine (distribution: 6000)
• Executive Social Media Management and briefing
• Placing online ads and editorials (in line with various yearly plans and strategy)
• Running general online campaigns
• Online reputation management
• Web PR (liaising with online media and bloggers to achieve maximum exposure)
• Manage internal communications to Dimension Data employees in Middle East and Africa
• Managing digital agencies and application providers From July 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 2 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaNew Media Manager @ I was responsible for all the new media channels at Peugeot South Africa. My duties included;
• Setting up strategies
• Managing various agencies to establish an integrated presence in social media, the mobile space, on the website and with online advertising.
• Managing the paid, earned and owned media for Peugeot South Africa.
• SEO, Metadata, Google adwords and Google analytics.
• Recruit and manage Peugeot Brand Ambassadors
• Social Media at events From August 2009 to June 2011 (1 year 11 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaAccount Manager @ • Overseeing and Strategising on Key accounts (Marketing and Online Strategies).
Accounts included: Europe Africa Group (Music)
Tupa Industrial Property Developers
Culu Culu Polo Lifestyle Resort (Argentina)
Khomanani (RSA Government HIV/Aids initiative)
South African Optometric Association
• Marketing, Corporate Identity and Online Image was my main focus with our clients.
• Organised events for Culu Culu in Argentina (Especially Launches) and concentrated mainly on the Khomanani online image.
• Strategising Online Marketing Plans which included:
• VISION 2008 (African Eye Care conference),
• Test Your Eyes Guy campaign (targeted at the urban youth of SA),
• Association strategies towards members, especially attracting young members (students and new optoms in private practice)
• Changing the Corporate identity and image of the association.
• Setting up www.saoptometrist.co.za (Previously a published academic journal which I took to the web and transformed into an online journal. Currently we get hits from all over the world, thanks to effective marketing)
• Laying out and copywriting the SA Optometrist (academic online journal) and OptiForum (optometric printed magazine) From April 2007 to August 2009 (2 years 5 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaGraphic Designer and Editor @ • Company Marketing – establishing a Corporate Identity, Advertising strategies ect
• Artist Marketing - Web, TV, Print, Radio. I built up an extensive press contingent, organised interviews, airtime ect.
• Artist Blog and Web management, later Facebook pages.
• Overseeing the design of CD sleeves, posters, websites
• Directing Corporate and Music videos
• Event Management – Artist launches, After parties, Corporate Functions From January 2005 to March 2007 (2 years 3 months) Johannesburg Area, South Africa
Managers Development Program, Management and Leadership, Diploma - Cum Laude @ Stellenbosch University/Universiteit Stellenbosch From 2013 to 2013 B.BC, Business and Audiovisual Communication with Graphic Design @ North-West University/Noordwes-Universiteit From 2001 to 2004 Matric @ Rustenburg High From 1996 to 2000 Jeanine Ferreira is skilled in: Social Media, Marketing Strategy, Account Management, Strategic Planning, Marketing Communications, Social Media Marketing, Online Marketing, Digital Marketing, Team Management, Public Relations, Telecommunications, Web Development, Budgeting, Problem Solving, Strategy Development, Writing, Marketing Management, HTML, Advertising, Copywriting, Video Production, Online Advertising, Facebook, Google Analytics, Strategy, Budgets, Marketing, Management, Blogging, Content Strategy, Google Adwords, Internal Communications, Integrated Marketing, SEO, PPC, New Media, Digital Media, Mobile Devices, Leadership, Business Strategy, Digital Strategy, Email Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension