Active Directory SME / Team Lead @ IBM Global Services
A talented IT Architect with multiple leadership roles and over 14+ years of comprehensive Information Systems knowledge spanning corporate enterprise infrastructure. Expertise and demonstrated skills in areas of design, implementation, and trouble-shooting of numerous corporate IT technologies with a strong focus in the areas of Identity Management and IT Security. Seasoned team leader and project technical lead
A talented IT Architect with multiple leadership roles and over 14+ years of comprehensive Information Systems knowledge spanning corporate enterprise infrastructure. Expertise and demonstrated skills in areas of design, implementation, and trouble-shooting of numerous corporate IT technologies with a strong focus in the areas of Identity Management and IT Security. Seasoned team leader and project technical lead with multiple large scale architecture deliveries to date. A proven track record designing and operating quality engineered solutions bringing improved performance, security and cost reduction to corporate enterprises.
Architect - IT Solutions @ Architect, owner and subject matter expert for Edwards IAM tier comprising Active Directory, Federation, Single Sign-On and Identity Governance. Senior member of the Edwards Global Infrastructure team that oversees architecture and operations of the core enterprise IT portfolio. Architect on multiple IT projects ranging from Tier 1 Application integration to Privileged Identity Management.
Current Projects / Initiatives -
• Enterprise Office365 / Azure implementation
• Privileged Identity Management
• Global SSO initiative
• Active Directory services redesign
• Identity Provisioning transformation From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) IS Architect / Team Lead @ Architect/Owner of Amgen's enterprise Active Directory and Public Key Infrastructures. I am also the team lead for the Identity Management Windows space and responsible for all infrastructure servers supporting our diverse service catalog.
• 2013, Architect/Project consultant building new IdM provisioning process and design for Amgen’s manufacturing plants of the future.
• 2013, IdM Architect/Project lead for a large scale transition to internal cloud structure
Coordinating transition of identity directories and single sign-on.
• 2013, Architect/Project lead for a new deployment of identity store monitoring and auditing for Information Security.
• 2013, Architect/Project lead for a process redesign for non-user identity provisioning and integration with Amgen’s configuration management database.
• 2012, Architect/Project lead for an upgrade and redesign of Amgen’s Public Key Infrastructure
• 2012, As Architect/Project lead successfully led the AD team in an upgrade of Amgen’s entire AD service structure to Windows 2008 R2 coming in under budget, within project timelines and with little or no impact to Amgen’s business.
• 2011, lead the AD IdM team in a successful reverse transition of IdM services back to Amgen internal control from IBM including a transition of services out of IBM Co – Lo facilities. From April 2011 to March 2014 (3 years) Active Directory SME / Team Lead @ As part of Amgen's outsourcing project I functioned as both the Global Active Directory Subject Matter Expert and the Identity and Access Management team lead for the Amgen account.
• Lead the AD team in a successful transition to an IBM managed service model supporting Amgen’s AD and IdM portfolio.
• Trained and designed support structure for Tier 1-3 global staff administering Identity directories for Amgen.
• Championed a redesign of IBM’s IdM audit tools and process for Global Services Clients to
increase SOX compliance.
• Successful rollout of new Active Directory topology in IBM co-location US and European datacenters. From February 2008 to April 2011 (3 years 3 months) Sr. Associate Systems Administrator @ Service owner and SME of Amgen’s Enterprise Active Directory services supporting
40,000+ Users in a multi-domain forest across 30+ countries. Enterprise owner of Global
DHCP/WINS/NT services. Support and Administration of all Identity Management Windows
servers and processes 24x7. Functioned as an infrastructure liaison for Active Directory while
working in the Information Security group. Assisted with investigation data, authentication monitoring and end user training.
• Developed training programs for InfoSec to train end users about identity security.
• Systems migration/integration for Amgen \ Avidia company merger.
• Deployment of External Active Directory services for Extended business partner applications at corporate perimeter.
• Platform migration of global DHCP services to appliance based technologies to reduce cost.
• Upgrade redesign of global NetBIOS name resolution services for legacy clients.
• Enterprise Tech Lead for app migration away from resource domain authentication. From September 2004 to February 2008 (3 years 6 months) Contract Security Consultant @ Contracted to conduct site analysis of IS and network systems.
• Discovered several serious internal security risks and recommended a low cost centralized Firewall/Anti-Virus appliance along with a centralized Microsoft update services.
• Instructed current IS staff on ways to deploy documentation into the organization setting stricter standards and policies for internet use and internal security. From May 2005 to June 2005 (2 months) Systems Administrator @ 24x7 on call support for company Intranet sites, corporate LAN/WAN/VPN Administration of 36+ Servers, Production Apps and Network Services Client support for 300+ employees across 13 US offices. Carried out specification review and procurement of all network and server equipment company-wide. Responsible for many projects redesigning corporate IS services to further enable business growth.
• Designed, piloted and built a small scale Co-Lo solution to centralize critical messaging and authentication services to reduce outage and increase available identity services.
• Collaborated with Human Resources to redesign employee ID provisioning process enforcing new data collection requirements resulting in increased security and reducing SOX audit compliance issues.
• Awarded Employee of the Quarter during Q1 of employment for leadership during the acquisition of and integration of two new remote offices.
• Lead role in a complete redesign and over-haul of the corporate datacenter.
• Designed and deployed a centralized malware management system company-wide resulting in improved security and less downtime.
• Lead the design and deployment of a new corporate anti-spam gateway resulting in significant decrease of mail traffic and security risk.
• Working with the executive and sales teams I developed new processes and controls
to enable a fledgling BYOD model for field sales reps resulting reduced IT cost. From February 2002 to September 2004 (2 years 8 months) Systems Administrator @ Management of a Windows 2000/NT domain consisting of 46+ Corporate Servers ranging from basic file/print to DHCP, WINS, DNS, and Exchange Servers supporting 120+ users. 24x7 on call support for the Corporate Network and e-commerce website. Monitoring
and support of QA and test web environment, Exchange and various domain servers, prioritize helpdesk requests as well as corporate software management. Responsible for requisition, configuration, and installation of all computer and network related hardware/software.
• Streamlined hardware/software purchasing and overall cost savings by developing a more granular requisition process for business units.
• Part of the key team that built the company’s core e-Commerce presence in various datacenter co-locations.
• Played a key Role in an NT 4.0 to Win2k AD domain migration. Built business requirements and modular action plans to minimize application outage and client disruption.
• Strengthened the company’s security strategy by engaging business buy off on enforced deployment of firewall and malware blocking technologies to all systems connected to the enterprise network. From January 2000 to October 2000 (10 months)
Bachelor's degree (In Progress), Computer and Information Sciences (In Progress) @ Moorpark College From 2008 to 2017 Jason Nuce is skilled in: Active Directory, Team Leadership, Windows, System Administration, DNS, Troubleshooting, DHCP, Identity Management, Servers, Disaster Recovery, Enterprise Software, VMware, Security, Infrastructure, ITIL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension