Data-driven marketing and finance leader with extensive experience in ROI-focused, global mobile app distribution. Passionate about redefining the mobile marketing industry and driving user acquisition as the vehicle to transform businesses. Acquired diverse expertise in user acquisition, ad monetization, LTV modeling, business development, team building and management, and finance. Rapid career progression and high level of responsibility
Data-driven marketing and finance leader with extensive experience in ROI-focused, global mobile app distribution. Passionate about redefining the mobile marketing industry and driving user acquisition as the vehicle to transform businesses. Acquired diverse expertise in user acquisition, ad monetization, LTV modeling, business development, team building and management, and finance. Rapid career progression and high level of responsibility within both early-stage and large corporate environments. Public speaker at GDC, Casual Connect, GMIC, Apps World, Pocket Gamer, and many other events.
Head of Mobile App Acquisition @ Building a world class mobile user acquisition platform.
The Match Group is home to a global online dating portfolio that comprises over 40 brands around the world, including leading properties such as Match, Tinder, OkCupid, Meetic, PlentyOfFish, and People Media. From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Research Analyst @ Nonprofit Investor (nonprofitinvestor.org) publishes detailed evaluations of charities written by business leaders with due diligence expertise. With $300BN of donations each year in the United States, improving the decision process for donations will help charities serve a vastly greater number of beneficiaries.
Through better information and analysis of charities, the most effective charities will have increased access to capital. Additionally, our analysis highlights industry best practices and encourages adoption.
Check out my published reports so far:
- SELL rating of Locks of Love (http://nonprofitinvestor.org/locksoflove)
- BUY rating of National Military Family Association (http://nonprofitinvestor.org/nmfa)
- NEUTRAL rating of NewSchools Venture Fund (http://nonprofitinvestor.org/newschools)
All research reports are free to download here:
http://nonprofitinvestor.org/research From January 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAdvisory Board Member @ Mobile UA Fellowship is an non-profit, invitation only, user driven content group of 130+ user acquisition professionals that focuses on networking, discussing the latest trends in user acquisition, and ways to improve UA user lifetime value and ROI.
Members include Storm8, Zynga, Disney, EA, Crowdstar, Kiwi Up, Blue Shell, Playphone, WGT, Supercell, Pocket Gems, Digital Chocolate, Caesars Entertainment, et al. From November 2013 to Present (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaHead of User Acquisition @ - Head global marketing and monetization for Storm8's complete portfolio of 45+ iOS and Android titles
- Acquired over 200M users across 155 countries to date
- Distribution partnerships and business development
- Built Storm8's performance marketing platform, analytics tools, and reporting infrastructure from the ground up
- Developed predictive LTV and returns measurement methodology
- Managed and grew a team of UA managers and engineering/analytics resources
- Deal evaluation, negotiation, and closing - launched Storm8's ad tracking, automated API reporting, and various ad monetization deals
Storm8 is is the leading mobile gaming network, developer and publisher of social games for iOS and Android. Each game released by Storm8/TeamLava has reached the Top 25 on the App store free apps category.
- Over 1 Billion Downloads (Hit titles include: Monopoly Bingo, Restaurant Story 2, Fantasy Forest, Candy Blast Mania, Bubble Mania, Jewel Mania, Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes, Dragon Story, Bakery Story, World War, iMobsters, and more)
- 400+ Million Devices (1 in 5 iOS and Android devices played Storm8 games)
- 50+ Million Monthly Active Users
- Top 7 Mobile Publisher based on 2013 worldwide iOS + Android downloads From August 2012 to July 2015 (3 years) Private Equity - Associate @ H.I.G. Capital is a global private equity firm with over $19 billlion of capital under management, focused on leveraged buyouts of lower middle-market companies in partnership with management teams.
- Portfolio company management – assessing monthly results, creating projection models, and drafting annual budgets
- Execute all parts of due diligence process – conducting industry research, performing financial forecast and valuation, validating business plans, negotiating term sheets, and reviewing legal documentation
- Lead third-party teams of lawyers, consultants, accountants, and investment bankers
- Structure potential investments with a combination of equity, earn-outs, seller financing, and various debt terms
- Assess investment opportunities across various industries including healthcare, engineering, and industrials From January 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 7 months) Investment Banking - Senior Analyst @ - Built financial models for M&A, LBOs, restructurings, and strategic alternatives for companies across various industries including energy (upstream, midstream, services), retail, and healthcare
- Worked with management teams to lead sell-side processes and fairness opinions
- Healthcare Waste Solutions: $245M acquisition by Stericycle (4/19/11)
- MedServe: $185M acquisition by Stericycle (12/4/09)
- Pier 1 Imports: $148M convertible note restructuring (7/30/09)
- Offshore Rig Operator: $1.1B debt restructuring (multiple transactions) From July 2008 to December 2010 (2 years 6 months) Investment Banking - Summer Analyst @ Leveraged Finance Group
- Managed Healthcare Associates in its $400M LBO by Diamond Castle Holdings (8/15/07)
- Hunter Defense Technologies in its $350M LBO by Metalmark Capital (8/14/07) From May 2007 to August 2007 (4 months)
BBA, Finance, Accounting @ The University of Texas at Austin - Red McCombs School of Business From 2004 to 2008 The Chinese University of Hong Kong James Peng is skilled in: LBO, Valuation, Restructuring, Mergers, Financial Analysis, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Financial Modeling, Capital Markets, User Acquisition, Monetization, Mobile Marketing, Mergers & Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Strategy, Analytics, Leveraged Finance, Management, Business Development, Finance, Strategic Partnerships, Online Advertising, Marketing, Mobile Applications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension