Head of Sales, BT Local Government Services @ BT Global Services
MA (Hons) @
James is Head of Public Sector Sales at UNIT4 Business Software with broad experience of heading up sales organisations cross sector. He has sold products and services in public and private sector alike, from Life Assurance for the ultra-rich to £multi million BPO and BPS, HR, Payroll and Finance solutions for Local and Central Government
James is Head of Public Sector Sales at UNIT4 Business Software with broad experience of heading up sales organisations cross sector. He has sold products and services in public and private sector alike, from Life Assurance for the ultra-rich to £multi million BPO and BPS, HR, Payroll and Finance solutions for Local and Central Government and the Education sector.
James has particular knowledge of selling to the public sector, and has extensive experience of the procurement process in Local Government, having led large scale and long term negotiations through competitive dialogue. He has also led large scale strategic change programmes in large and small organisations, building new sales propositions from scratch, taking them to market and successfully selling them to clients. When working for BT, James signed a ground breaking ERP services contract with Westminster City Council, worth up to £500m in future revenue. .
Indeed, James has for 15 years, and in several guises, been managing and leading change programmes in large and small companies. He has successfully transformed organisations in both their process efficiency and cultural attitude to change, and this is where his real passion lies. James firmly believes that structural change is only part, and the minor part, of a transformation programme .
Originally trained as a Project Manager he successfully ran internal IT programmes at Natwest Bank for several years before moving to IBM. Throughout his time at IBM he was developing his thinking and beliefs about cultural change in organisations. Whilst at IBM James completed an MBA from Henley Management College, specialising in strategic management and cultural change.
In his spare time, James enjoys the outdoor life in West Yorkshire where he lives with his family. He is a keen golfer, rugby coach and walker, and is Chairman of Huddersfield RUFC Junior section.
Head of UK Public Sector @ • Responsible for delivering UK public sector strategy and target for UNIT4
• Ahead of 2014 target at 1H14
• Personally shaping and winning high profile deals in public sector, including UNIT4s first Cloud based, subscription ERP licence deal in Public Sector
• Successfully recruiting highly experienced sales professionals head hunted from major System Integrator and BPO players
• Leading and motivating a disparate field sales force across UK
• Working with Head of Alliances to shape and deliver a partner enablement programme, and taking full ownership of all partner led deals in sector
• Defining and executing UK Public Sector strategy for sales growth in ERP through an aggressive campaign to unseat Oracle and SAP from Local Government From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Head of Sales, BT Local Government Services @ Responsible for sales growth of the BT Local Government Shared Services division, offering BPO, BPS and SaaS solutions into HR, Payroll, Finance and Procurement
• Successfully led development, promotion, pipeline generation and successful sale of a new Business Process Services (BPS) proposition
• Developed proposition to be sector agnostic
• Successfully signed a significant pan-London framework with Westminster City Council : £100 – 150m
• Successfully signed BTs first BPS deal in 2012 with The Care Inspectorate - £600k
• Increased Local Government business pipeline opportunities, qualifying over £160m of opportunity from £0 base in 9 months
• Have led successful major public sector bids from OJEU notice through to contract signature
• Managed disparate team of business development personnel to grow business opportunities
• Exceeded 2011-12 core target – this was milestone based and dependent on successful marketing, branding and pipeline generation for BPS
• Exceeded 2012-13 sales target of £28m From September 2010 to August 2013 (3 years) Sales Director @ with a proven track record of exceeding stretch targets, defining, implementing and managing strategic change. A commercial executive in IBM, running a significant part of the UK outsourcing business. A transformation change leader, running large scale change programmes for global blue chip and small, entrepreneurial organisations alike. From September 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 2 months) Director @ JNB Consulting provides expertise in
* Managing Change
* Strategic Objective Setting
* Complementing Senior Management
* Running effective sales teams From July 2007 to March 2011 (3 years 9 months) Head of UK @ Head of UK Sales and UK Country Manager
Wrote more than £1 billion in new business in 30 months
Responsible for the sales and marketing in UK, positioning Lombard's solution in a rapidly changing marketplace
Built significant relationships in major financial organisations in UK and Europe, selling a niche and exclusive financial services solution for Ultra Nigh Net Worth individuals
Full responsibility for the P&L of the UK organisation, working to annual operational budgets
Delivered a complete sales review and forecasting package to the executive board on a monthly and quarterly basis
Succeeded in international markets across Europe working in a diverse international business culture
Doubled new business income from 2007 to 2008
Exceed 2008 target by 130%, writing over £500m of new business premium and exceeded 2009 target by 126%
Reported directly to Executive Sales Director on the main board. From July 2007 to August 2010 (3 years 2 months) Principal Consultant @ http://www.linkedin.com/companies/706480 From January 2010 to June 2010 (6 months) UK Country Manager @ Head of UK for Lombard International Assurance SA, a Luxembourg based wealth planning organisation From July 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 7 months) Commercial Director @ •Led an organisation of 75 professionals with a direct report management team of four, providing outstanding commercial management services into major strategic outsourcing accounts
•Direct reporting line into Global Services UK board and solely responsible for representing the organisation to that board
•I led the team which ran the account on a day-to-day basis, interfacing directly with the customer, maximising service provision and maintaining control and integrity in the operation
•Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer for Global Services in the UK, leading team direction, strategy, and driving transformation in the organisation to improve operational efficiencies
•Maintained and improved operational control in all accounts
•Improved perception of Commercial management team at board level such that IBMs customer satisfaction rating improved from 55% to 86% in 2006
•Maintained and improved key business controls and compliance stance on every UK outsourcing deal
•Drove employee morale up in the organisation from 29% satisfaction to 65% satisfaction in 11 months
•Successfully recruited over 25 new professionals into organisation in 2006, revitalising the entire organisation. From November 1998 to July 2007 (8 years 9 months) Commercial Executive @ Led an organisation of over 150 professionals providing outstanding commercial management services into major strategic outsourcing accounts
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer for Global Services in the UK, leading team direction, strategy, and driving transformation in the organisation to improve operational efficiencies
Maintained and improved operational and business control in all accounts
Improved IBMs customer satisfaction rating from 55% to 86% in 2006
Improved employee morale in the organisation from 29% satisfaction to 65% satisfaction in 11 months From November 1998 to July 2007 (8 years 9 months) Senior Programme Manager @ Managed a major change programme initiated to move the Northern Europe Global Services Operations function to a fully integrated shared service
Achieved a 25% reduction in headcount, and a further 15% reduction in operating cost by the end of 2005
Role encompassed the strategic design of the shared service, full business case and executive approval lifecycle, project initiation and development and overall leadership of the programme delivery.
Also delivered management consultancy to major financial organisations such as Barclays Bank, leading them through significant process and business cultural change.
Aged 47, married with two dependents From October 1998 to July 2007 (8 years 10 months) project manager @ From 1990 to 1998 (8 years) project manager @ From 1990 to 1998 (8 years)
MBA; specialising, Strategic Change and Business Transformation @ Henley Management College From 2001 to 2004 MA (Hons), Geography @ Dundee University From 1985 to 1990 MA (Hons), Geography @ Dundee University From 1985 to 1990 abingdon school From 1981 to 1985 James Bouch is skilled in: Program Management, BPO, Culture Change, Outsourcing, Business Strategy, sales leadership, ERP, payroll sales, erp sales, BPS, HR sales, Unit 4, Public Sector, Competitive Dialogue, Management Consulting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension