I'm passionate about bringing beautiful, intuitive and high performance applications to life. I'm well versed in app development lifecycle, from inception all the way through deployment, maintenance, and iterations. A natural autodidact, I'm very adept at picking up new technologies, programming languages, etc. My experience includes app development in areas such as lifestyle, fitness, cooking, nutrition, Internet
I'm passionate about bringing beautiful, intuitive and high performance applications to life. I'm well versed in app development lifecycle, from inception all the way through deployment, maintenance, and iterations. A natural autodidact, I'm very adept at picking up new technologies, programming languages, etc. My experience includes app development in areas such as lifestyle, fitness, cooking, nutrition, Internet of Things (IoT), e-commerce, fashion, environmental compliance in the oil and gas industry, and health care.
iOS Software Engineer @ Orange Chef designs and manufactures hardware and software applications to answer some of the toughest questions around health and nutrition. We invented Countertop.
- Implemented Lead UI Designer’s app designs with precision and accuracy. Worked with designer to streamline UI screens when possible. Worked with UX designer to create and implement app animations.
- Worked with a variety of 3rd-party nutritional API’s to bring accurate nutritional information into the Countertop and Prep Pad iOS applications.
- Utilized Core Bluetooth and iBeacon technologies to communicate between the Countertop and Prep Pad applications and the Prep Pad smart food scale.
- Implemented client-side consumption of Protocol Buffers using gRPC to send and receive data between the Countertop iOS application and Countertop server.
- Quickly created and iterated a variety of prototypes and demo applications used for User Testing and Investor demos.
- Integrated the Countertop and Prep Pad applications with HealthKit (iOS Health app).
- Maintained provisioning profiles, development certificates, and app identifiers for all iOS projects. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaManaging Partner, Software Architect, Lead iOS Engineer @ Creo Agency specializes in discovery, UX design, UI design, and software development for web and mobile applications.
- Co-founded company, managed finances and other day-to-day operations.
- Architected software for a number of business web applications, marketing websites, and iOS mobile applications.
- Utilized web frameworks including Django, Drupal, and WordPress to create custom Content Management Systems (CMS) for clients to maintain their own website content.
- Worked closely with UI/UX designers to turn their designs into pixel perfect web and mobile application code.
- Maintained provisioning profiles, development certificates, and app identifiers for iOS projects for a number of different clients.
- Architected and developed an iOS app for a major health and wellness rewards company, with features including consuming and parsing the company's existing SOAP based API, persisting user data locally using Core Data, and leveraging the iPhone's accelerometer as a pedometer.
- Created multiple iOS apps for an early Internet of Things (IoT) startup leveraging a wireless sensor network to bridge the gap between real world objects and sensors and iOS apps, through push notifications and cocos2d animations.
- Oversaw development of Clockwork, an iPad app for the time tracking service Harvest (https://www.getharvest.com/).
- Architected and developed an iOS news reader app for a major non-profit organization to provide users with timely, relevant insights on global humanitarian issues and discover opportunities for advocacy action.
- Created a custom content management system using Python / Django for Creo Agency's website (http://www.creoagency.com). From October 2007 to January 2014 (6 years 4 months) Business Systems Manager @ JELD-WEN is a corporation with over 150 divisions and 20,000 employees worldwide. The business manufactures building products, including windows, interior and exterior doors, and garage doors.
- Managed a variety of IT and software projects for JELD-WEN, inc.’s (previously) owned and operated Third Party Administrator, Shasta Administrative Services.
- Oversaw design and development of an IBM Websphere Portal Content Management System to power the Shasta Administrative Services website (http://shastatpa.com/).
- Created a variety of SQL based stored procedures, queries and SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Oversaw implementation of a Java Portlet based health claims interface, which allowed health plan participants to view medical, dental, vision and Rx claims, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) payments and balances, and health plan accumulation data.
- Architected health claims interface, including creating reports for employers to view employee data, and a custom interface for customer service reps to view individual’s claims to assist individuals navigation the website.
- Evaluated various software options for JELD-WEN inc.’s Health Benefits and Risk Management groups, provided recommendations on which software options to use, assisted in procurement and implementation of selected options. From June 2006 to October 2009 (3 years 5 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension