Undergraduate Researcher @ UC Berkeley EECS RAD Lab
Senior iOS Software Engineer @ Facebook
Berkeley, ATDP (Academic Talent Development Program)
Software Engineer @ From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Student Assistant in Computing Engineering @ Writing iOS app to help nuclear scientists to analyze nuclear fusion data From February 2013 to August 2013 (7 months) BerkeleySystem Performance Intern @ • Engineered, refactored, and unit tested existing internal Python automation framework for performance analysis
Software Engineer @ From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Student Assistant in Computing Engineering @ Writing iOS app to help nuclear scientists to analyze nuclear fusion data From February 2013 to August 2013 (7 months) BerkeleySystem Performance Intern @ • Engineered, refactored, and unit tested existing internal Python automation framework for performance analysis on all
• Analyzed performance on Mac products using various hardware performance counters and created performance report
• Debugged using Instruments and DTrace to root cause performance bottlenecks on both software and hardware aspects
of the Mac products.
• Brought up customer reference board to analyze the performance of the targeted Mac project. From September 2012 to January 2013 (5 months) CupertinoUndergraduate Technical Director @ • Designed and implemented prototypes of a web application that allows Brazilians to use SMS to send text to our server to report incidents of dengue fever. The application will be used by scientific researchers and governmental agencies for infectious disease intervention. The project is targeted to move towards final production in December 2011 with a launch event.
• Leading a team of five students to work with a professor of anthropology and two other professors of public health to derive a compelling user interaction of the reporting system. The overall design encompasses graphical user interface, game play element, scientific research, and disease intervention.
• Constructed the web application using Ruby on Rails and provide data visualization using Google map API.
• Working with a graphical designer to design a simple, intuitive, yet useful user interface for the web application and input method from text messaging.
• Utilized APIs from Gmail, Twilio, and Vivo (Brazilian mobile carrier) to collect SMS messages sent from users’ phones. From May 2011 to 2013 (2 years) Berkeley, CaliforniaField Validation Engineering Intern @ • Designed and implemented a cellular network bandwidth performance analysis app in both iOS and Android.
• Adapted iOS CFNetwork framework and BSD socket to test on FTP, UDP, Ping, and HTTP.
• Utilized Grand Central Dispatch and NSOperationQueue to create efficient multi-threaded app, where the worker
thread is performing test and the main thread is used to update the UI for performance monitoring.
• Engineered a Ruby on Rails app to track all the devices on the field and instantaneously update their locations on
the map in brower.
• Learned concepts of SNR, RSSI, antenna, signal transmission and receiving in wireless technology.
• Helped field engineers to conduct various field experiments while still developing the intern project.
• Closely worked with the field engineers to collect use cases of the app, so the UI is usable during field-testing.
• Collaboratively implemented a website parser using PERL and AJAX. From December 2011 to December 2011 (1 month) Cupertino, CATechnology Advancement Group Intern (Product Design) @ • Collaborated with the designer and other senior software prototyping engineers to work on black projects in creating new iOS user interface design
• Designed the software infrastructure from scratch that enabled hardware and software communications
• Utilized hardware infrastructure to collect data that feeds into a python TCP server.
• Built three iOS client apps to communicate with the TCP server, and used multithreading for background tasks processing and graphical user interface update.
• Undergone several iterative processes to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each prototype design.
• Used Python to create a SMTP mail server and Ruby on Rails to create a simple inventory system as a side project.
• Demonstrated and presented the main project to the VP of Apple Product Design department and the PD designer and other engineering managers.
• Experienced with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch Framework. From May 2011 to September 2011 (5 months) Cupertino, CaliforniaUndergraduate Researcher @ • Collaborated with two other students to design and engineer a meeting scheduler to arrange faculty-student meetings during student visit day
• Employed design patterns to construct the scheduler and further improved the organization of the scheduler via refactoring techniques
• Engineered genetic algorithm in Ruby on Rails to search for optimum scheduling based on given constraints
• Programmed unit testing in Rspec and behavior driven testing in Cucumber From December 2010 to February 2011 (3 months) Software Engineering Intern @ • Design and implemented the media content library system that categorizes all the media contents in the R&D department
• Design and implemented a python scripting parser to parse the media content meta-data
• Design and implemented a back-end MySQL database with schema
• Responsible for updating franchising directories using MS Access database. From September 2006 to March 2008 (1 year 7 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension