I received my Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo with concentrations in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Advanced Stress Analysis, and Mechatronics. Applying my training, I accrued 17 years of experience emphasizing a hands-on approach to Design, Build, and Test for Medical, Military, and other high-tech industries. My areas of
I received my Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo with concentrations in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Advanced Stress Analysis, and Mechatronics. Applying my training, I accrued 17 years of experience emphasizing a hands-on approach to Design, Build, and Test for Medical, Military, and other high-tech industries. My areas of specialization are Design for Manufacturability (DfM at Stanford University), Stress Analysis, Vacuum Technology, and Welding/Brazing.
Engineering Applications & Computer Skills
• Over 21,000 hours designing with AutoCAD (R12 through 2009) and SolidWorks (2004 through 2014)
• Over 7000 hours of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) applying ANSYS (5.3 thru 12.1), Cosmos/Simulation & AutoCAD Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Competitive Design concepts & optimization of prototype fixtures facilitating the machining, welding, and assembly of equipment applying CAD, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and Product Data Management.
• Successfully managed multiple product lines, simultaneously, from concept to production including setting up new workstations, managing budgets, and responsible for all aspects of document control.
• Expert engineering documentation including: GD & T, ANSI Y14.5, ISO 9000, and Military Standards complying with all domestic and international requirements.
• Proficient QC measurement methods, documentation and tools including: calipers, micrometer, QC gages and other high-tech lab equipment (CMM, oscilloscopes, and multi-meters)
• E.I.T. certification (license #XE104044) from The California Board of Professional Engineers and held a Secret Security Clearance from the United States Department of Defense (1999)
Mechanical Design Engineer @ Mechanical Design Engineer – Designed, Built and Tested syringes, pumps and valves for both medical and commercial applications. From May 2008 to November 2008 (7 months) Process Engineer @ Process Engineer – Maintenance to existing Automation for automotive airbags. Troubleshoot and Program CNC machines for automotive airbag production.
+ Program, Debug, and modify CNC lathes, mills, grinders, press, and conveyers utilizing Melsoft., magnetic sensors, optical sensors, and mechanical sensors.
+ Principal Engineer for Quality Assurance check fixtures (Go/NoGo, Poke-Yoke, and In-Process)
+ Translating technical Documents in both Japanese and English. From January 2008 to May 2008 (5 months) Test Engineer @ Test Engineer - Designed, Built and Tested Cryogenic Systems and components overseeing multiple product lines.
+ Achieved TUV Brazer’s Approval Test Certificates: Cu Brazing and Ag Brazing.
+ Successfully Designed, Built and Tested a Vacuum Bake-out Fixture which is currently marketed worldwide.
+ Successfully launched Test plans and Test Reports and Performance/Stress tested multiple (PFC 772_1, PFC 772_2, 1100HC, PFC 672 230V) prototype Cryogenic units.
+ Trained over 50 Technical Staff on Torque Specification, Vacuum Bake-out Procedure, and Installation of Thermocouple lead wires. From February 2006 to November 2006 (10 months) Mechanical Engineer @ Mechanical Engineer - designing, building, and testing surgical tables and components for both Orthopedic and Spinal surgery conforming to all aspects of ISO 9002, FDA, and ETL.
+ Designed and programmed an automated robotic-tester, saving 30 hours of production labor.
+ Applied state-of-the-art Design-for-Manufacturability concepts and methodologies for competitive product development saving $300k per year including; systematic methods to define and develop competitive products, enhance product features, reduce life-cycle costs and increase efficiency in development cycles.
+ Established communications between Executives and upper management by translating Japanese language, documentation, and engineering conventions. From March 2003 to May 2004 (1 year 3 months) Test and Burn Engineer @ Test & Burn Engineer - modifying CAD drawings for custom IC sockets recommending appropriate application to the sales department. From October 2002 to March 2003 (6 months) Mechanical Engineer @ Mechanical Engineer - Designing, building, and testing coupled-cavity microwave power tubes used to amplify RF signals for commercial and military applications.
+ Successfully managed multiple product lines, simultaneously, from concept to production including setting up new workstations, managing budgets, and responsible for all aspects of document control conforming to ISO 9000 standards.
+ Designed and released over 100 prototype fixtures facilitating the assembly of microwave power tubes, applying CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
+ Proficient at designing, testing, and measuring RF signals using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and other high tech lab equipment in a clean room environment.
+ Proficient at focusing electron beams using periodic permanent magnets and high voltage test equipment.
+ Supervised design, assembly, and approval of all electron guns used for the Coupled Cavity Power Tube division. From February 1998 to November 2001 (3 years 10 months)
BSME, Mechanical Engineering @ California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo From 1994 to 1997 Jack Yashio is skilled in: SolidWorks
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension