Startup Accelerator Director, Gaza Sky Geeks @ Founded the first startup accelerator in Gaza. With my great team, implemented our first round of acceleration. Built partnerships with seed investors, follow-on investors, corporate partners (mobile operators, large banks, etc.), U.S. accelerators, local incubators, mentors (from MENA, the U.S., Europe, Africa, etc.), and the Israeli army (to allow startups
Startup Accelerator Director, Gaza Sky Geeks @ Founded the first startup accelerator in Gaza. With my great team, implemented our first round of acceleration. Built partnerships with seed investors, follow-on investors, corporate partners (mobile operators, large banks, etc.), U.S. accelerators, local incubators, mentors (from MENA, the U.S., Europe, Africa, etc.), and the Israeli army (to allow startups to exit Gaza for market expansion opportunities). Oversee media relations. Responsible for the entire operation of the accelerator: outreach and pipeline activities to source startups; coaching startups on team formation, product launch, and user acquisition / sales; and fundraising.
I was hired as a manager in October 2013 and promoted to director in March 2014.
- - - - - - - - From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Palestine & IsraelCareer & Life Coach @ Licensed professional coach (CPCC from The Coaches Training Institute, San Rafael, CA). Founded the company, designed the brand, and built the website. I run all aspects of the business, including selling services and managing the board of directors. As a licensed professional coach, I work with high-achieving, passionate 20- and 30-year- olds to boost their creativity, confidence, and satisfaction. My clients have turned around their job performance, improved their relationships with bosses and partners, and embraced an entrepreneurial approach to their own careers. 90% of my clients come to me through referrals from previous clients.
For more info, visit www.ilianamontauk.com.
- - - - - - - - From July 2011 to Present (4 years 4 months) GlobalEntrepreneurship Researcher @ Co-authored the first ever study of Middle East and North African (MENA) enterprises that are aiming to scale. In partnership with Endeavor, wrote business case studies on successful startups in the Middle East.
- - - - - - - - From January 2013 to February 2014 (1 year 2 months) Middle EastSenior Financial Services Associate @ Product management: Managed a cross-functional project to scale our service - formulated strategy, conducted market research, and led an iterative process using design thinking that ultimately tripled our impact without increasing costs. Customer service & workshop facilitator: serviced our clients directly. Partnerships & PR: oversaw partner and vendor relationships, represented EARN at fundraising events after being selected by an outside PR firm as the top public speaker on EARN’s staff.
Note: In April-July 2012, I was a consultant for EARN.
- - - - - - - - From November 2008 to July 2012 (3 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProject Manager & Writer @ Managed the launch of this startup’s prostate cancer screening service, coordinating the engineering, legal, and content teams.
- - - - - - - - From April 2008 to November 2008 (8 months) San Francisco, CAConsultant @ Advised healthcare companies on strategies for revenue growth.
Note: Monitor Group is now part of Deloitte Consulting.
- - - - - - - - From September 2007 to March 2008 (7 months) AdSense Associate @ Nominated for “Best Idea of the Quarter” award for introducing a tool that doubled the team’s efficiency. Suggested changes that led to global reorganization of 250-person department. Delivered quality customer service.
- - - - - - - - From September 2006 to June 2007 (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPublic Affairs Intern & Acting Public Affairs Officer @ Managed press coverage for U.S. Mission events and networked with NGOs throughout the country. For part of internship, as acting Public Affairs Officer at the consulate, I ran a cultural center, directed all public diplomacy efforts, and reported to the Ambassador. From June 2005 to August 2005 (3 months) Casablanca, Morocco
BA, History and Literature of France and the Middle East @ Harvard University From 2002 to 2006 CPCC @ The Coaches Training Institute From 2011 to 2012
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension