Since I started my career as a computer musician in 1995, my interest has been all about how people use the computer to interact with music. My personal and professional mission is to make the computer music easier and more practical for people. To that end, I worked on the idea of online music collaboration on the
Since I started my career as a computer musician in 1995, my interest has been all about how people use the computer to interact with music. My personal and professional mission is to make the computer music easier and more practical for people. To that end, I worked on the idea of online music collaboration on the web platform at CCRMA as my doctoral research.
After the PhD program at Stanford, I joined Google Chrome to work on web-based music apps powered by Web Audio/MIDI API. Currently I am actively involved with Chromium and several open source projects as well as the design of Web Audio API.
‣ Highly experienced with web graphics technology: WebGL, Canvas, SVG.
‣ Real-time audio and OpenGL programming with C++, Objective-C, C#(XNA).
‣ Extreme fluency in rapid prototyping: Processing, Max/MSP/Jitter, ChucK, Arduino.
‣ User experience design for gestural input system: Kinect, PrimeSense, Leap Motion.
‣ Professional music production experience over 10 years: composition, arranging, mixing and mastering.
Software Engineer @ Chromium Committer + Web Music Evangelist
- Design and maintain Chromium code base for Web Audio API. (C++, Large-scale OOP)
- Design web-based audio/music app and service. (JS/HTML/CSS, Node.js, Google App Engine)
- Member of W3C Audio Working Group From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Research Assistant @ API design for web audio programming and collaborative music platform based on web technology. From September 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 1 month) Software Engineering Intern @ Created demo applications for Web Audio API, Web MIDI API and Web Component. From June 2013 to September 2013 (4 months) Teaching Assistant @ Assisted and advised students in various computer music courses: Music 220A, Music 220C, Music 128. From September 2011 to June 2013 (1 year 10 months) Software Engineering Intern @ Designed various applications for internal demonstration. From June 2012 to September 2012 (4 months) Adjunct Researcher @ Created course material and delivered lectures for audiovisual interaction design class. From September 2008 to June 2009 (10 months) Lecturer @ Designed multiple courses on computer music. Delivered weekly lectures and advised student projects. From September 2006 to June 2009 (2 years 10 months) Sound Director & Lecturer @ Designed and managed music studio, Studio S3 at Dongguk University, Seoul, Korea. From August 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 1 month) Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension