Brand Executive / Brand Manger* of Vidal Sassoon & Camay (P&G) Greater China @
Manager @ Punta del Cielo
Young Talent Program, Business @
IESE Business School - University of Navarra
A young marketing professional with international experience.
Hoikwan Lam has four (4) years of advertising and marketing experience in China and Hong Kong for FMCG brands ranging from home care to personal care, of companies such as Procter and Gamble (P&G) and Reckitt Benckiser, working in cross-country multifunctional teams. Besides demonstrating her passion for consumer product marketing,
A young marketing professional with international experience.
Hoikwan Lam has four (4) years of advertising and marketing experience in China and Hong Kong for FMCG brands ranging from home care to personal care, of companies such as Procter and Gamble (P&G) and Reckitt Benckiser, working in cross-country multifunctional teams. Besides demonstrating her passion for consumer product marketing, she also brought her marketing knowledge to environmental work in WWF.
Being the first Asian ever admitted to the Young Talent Program of IESE Business School, together with her first-class-honored bachelor degree in Marketing, proves Hoikwan Lam’s academic merits and true potential in the business world. Her ability to develop a personal connection with people, her awareness to cultural factors and her “always on” sunny smile make her a communicative, approachable person to work with.
Right now she is pursuing her Masters degree in Marketing, Services and Communication at the University of St. Gallen (HSG)(Switzerland) as a major step to arrive to the next level in her marketing career.
Marketing, advertising, brand management, project management, FMCG brands, Asian market, China market, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
Email: [email protected]
Account Manager (P&G Greater China) @ For brands Pantene and Clinicare (Asian equivalent of Pantene Expert):
• Led media, PR, digital and POS agencies and internal creative team in six large-scale (Greater China national level) projects and 11 smaller-scale (city-level) projects
• Created the multi-channel activation plan of Pantene #Shinestrong campaign, which generated 10MM views to the viral video
• Analyzed research and communication materials from other countries and research result in China, took charge of the China part of the biggest brand restage of Pantene in 20 years, from formulating message strategy to project management
• Learned consumers’ needs through a research for Pantene’s repositioning (global initiative), drove the development of Pantene brand’s new visual identity in China, the work was later adapted globally
• Coached and supervised Account Executives on projects and competitor monitoring
For brands Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Lacoste and Hugo Boss premium fragrances:
• Liaised with media agency and regional clients on the adaptation of several campaigns From January 2013 to February 2014 (1 year 2 months) Hong KongBrand Executive / Brand Manger* of Vidal Sassoon & Camay (P&G) Greater China @ • Led the production of six communication campaigns of Vidal Sassoon and two for Camay, managing over USD 50million budget; during the two years, Vidal Sassoon’s market share grew from 2% to 6%
• Coordinated projects of Vidal Sassoon under the “We Create” campaign platform, which was a big success in China (Effie Silver Award in FMCG category, 2011) for that it had strengthened the fashion equity in the brand
• Initiated and took charge of the coordination of Vidal Sassoon’s first fashion collaboration with a high-fashion brand (Alexander Wang), managed multiple parties in the coordination of the production
• Guided the team in Japan in a global project of Vidal Sassoon, and assisted the test-market of other APAC countries
• Coordinated the team to generate the big idea for Camay with the insights gained from a consumer immersion, and subsequently transformed Camay’s communication approach from above-the-line to below-the-line “store-back approach”, saving 90% of advertising budget
*Joined as Brand Executive and promoted to Brand Manager From July 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 4 months) Hong KongManager @ • Introduced the brand to Hong Kong, by setting up its first shop outside of Mexico, as its first step to entering China
• Developed and implemented marketing plan, one major project was the collaboration with the Mexican Chamber of Commerce to host the 1st Mexican Film Festival, being sole sponsor and distribution point of tickets From January 2010 to July 2010 (7 months) Hong KongMarketing Consultancy Project @ - Marketing consultancy project as part of the bachelor's curriculum
- Investigated brand perception and receptive touch-point of target group via market research
- Developed a holistic marketing communication plan for the leading Japanese ion-drink brand Pocari Sweat From January 2009 to May 2009 (5 months) Hong KongMarketing Consultancy Project @ - Marketing consultancy project as part of the bachelor's curriculum
- Located weakness of the brand Airwick via market research
- Proposed new product development and marketing communications plans From September 2008 to December 2008 (4 months) Hong KongResearch Assistant (Part-time) @ From July 2007 to December 2007 (6 months) Hong KongPart-time Sales Staff @ From June 2006 to October 2006 (5 months) Hong Kong
Master of Arts (M.A.), Marketing, Services and Communication Management @ Universität St.Gallen - Hochschule für Wirtschafts-, Rechts- und Sozialwissenschaften From 2014 to 2015 Young Talent Program, Business @ IESE Business School - University of Navarra From 2009 to 2012 Bachelor, Bachelor of Business Administration Marketing, minor in German Studies, First Class Honour @ City University of Hong Kong From 2006 to 2009 Bachelor, Business Administration and Management, General @ Universität Mannheim From 2008 to 2008 Hoi Kwan Navy Lam is skilled in: Brand Development, International Business, Languages, Advertising, Marketing Communications, Marketing, international marketing, project management, Greater China, China Business..., doing business in China, Business Relationship..., Relationship Management, Building Relationships, Selling, Cultural Awareness, Culture, chinese culture, Travel Planning, Interpersonal Skill, Positive Team Player, Teamwork, Integrated Marketing, International Marketing, Project Management, Public Relations, FMCG, Management, Sales, Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, Brand Management, Strategy
Looking for a different
Hoi Kwan Navy Lam?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension