CuraScript, Inc. An Express Scripts Co. @
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Highly successful, result-oriented, detailed self-starter with extensive experience in managed care and specialty pharmacy fields. Recognized for improving medication compliance and therapeutic outcomes through successfully managing specialty pharmacy operation and serving as effective liaison between healthcare team and patients receiving specialty therapies. Dependable team player with strong relationship building and communication skills, delivering on commitment to customer
Highly successful, result-oriented, detailed self-starter with extensive experience in managed care and specialty pharmacy fields. Recognized for improving medication compliance and therapeutic outcomes through successfully managing specialty pharmacy operation and serving as effective liaison between healthcare team and patients receiving specialty therapies. Dependable team player with strong relationship building and communication skills, delivering on commitment to customer service, quality and focus on patient care. Expertise includes:
• Managed Care and Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Relationships
• Specialty Pharmacy
• Operations, Pharmacy Regulations and Inventory Control
• Clinical Program Development
• Account Management
• Formulary Management and DUR
• Clinical Analytics and Outcomes Management
• REMS Programs
• Hold Pharmacy Licenses in NE, FL, AR
Director, Clinical Programs @ Supported managed care and pharmaceutical manufacturer client relationships, clinical product development, specialty drug pipeline management, clinical analytics and outcomes management, and clinical quality oversight within specialty pharmacy operations. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Specialty Clinical Pharmacist @ Provided clinical oversight and specialty program development and implementation for specialty therapies with emphasis in autoimmune inflammatory diseases, hepatitis C, growth hormone, MS, transplant, oncology and infertility.
• Led clinical development and continuous clinical support for updating and maintenance of the Specialty drug list.
• Created clinical protocols and implemented 2 Medication Adherence Programs in conjunction with the pharmaceutical manufacturer to improve medication compliance and therapeutic outcomes.
• Provided consulting services and strategy development for establishing IV programs and services.
• Attended clinical in-services for pipeline drugs and newly approved specialty medications.
• Developed specialty clinical programs and branded referral and prescription forms.
• Provided clinical counseling and medication compliance monitoring for patients utilizing specialty medications.
• Researched and interpreted medical and pharmacy insurance policies to assist patients with benefits investigations.
• Contributed to the growth of the organization through maintaining daily focus on the excellence of the patient’s experience.
• Served as a specialty pharmacy clinical expert and consultant for different departments within the company. From February 2013 to August 2015 (2 years 7 months) Specialty Pharmacy Operations Manager @ Managed and directed pharmacy operations for specialty satellite pharmacy with inventory of biological products exceeding $1M.
• Effectively oversaw pharmacy permits and state licensure in over 40 states, pharmacy security, recruitment, performance reviews, training, supervision and development of pharmacy staff.
• Achieved high scores on company compliance audits by successfully adhering to company policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with federal and state pharmacy regulations in multiple states.
• Improved production levels and pharmacy profitability by lowering cost per prescription, increasing inventory turns, reducing temporary labor expense, and renegotiating Pitney Bowes contract to contain shipping costs. Developed and implemented pharmacy budget.
• Participated in designing and implementing “CARELogic” clinical management programs for specialty products and services. Collaborated with sales and marketing teams in consistently ensuring compliance with quality and service standards along with client-specific contractual requirements.
• Supported development and implementation of new clinical programs including prior authorization reviews, step therapy, utilization and compliance management.
• Provided clinical support and expertly counseled patients, using specialty therapies, about appropriate dosing, administration, drug interactions, adverse effects and product stability by utilizing extensive knowledge of biotechnology pharmaceuticals.
• Successfully handled escalated and unusual issues and established reputation of “to go to person” for industry expertise and problem resolution.
• Selected by management in 2000 to participate in P&T committee of in-house PBM as a voting member on therapeutic and generic substitution, formulary management, pricing and clinical messaging.
• Successfully assisted in transitioning specialty pharmacy business from Omaha NE to Orlando FL. From 1997 to 2013 (16 years) Clinical Pharmacist @ Participated in direct pharmacy services to patients with chronic disease states including compounding, dispensing, consulting, and case coordination. Provided clinical presentations for healthcare professionals, sales staff and patients. Controlled and managed oral and injectable drug inventory of specialty pharmaceuticals. Supervised pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns.
• Successfully developed and implemented clinical programs for chronic disease states including diabetes, transplant, hepatitis C, growth hormone deficiency, MS, RA, oncology, HIV and blood disorders.
• Tested and assisted in successful implementation of computer development project, upgrading pharmacy operations into paperless system.
• Chosen to provide clinical presentation to transplant patients support group. Travelled to New York City in collaboration with sales team. From 1995 to 1997 (2 years) Per Diem Pharmacist @ Dispensing medications, compounding, patient counseling in independent pharmacy setting. From 1995 to 1997 (2 years) Pharmacy Intern @ Assisting pharmacist in drug dispensing, medication counseling, inventory control From 1994 to 1995 (1 year) Greater Omaha AreaPharmacy Intern @ Compounding prescriptions, filling unit dose orders for long term care residents, performing nursing home visits with a consultant pharmacist. From 1990 to 1994 (4 years) Greater Omaha Area
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), Pharmacy @ University of Nebraska Medical Center From 1991 to 1995 Pre-pharmacy @ University of Nebraska at Omaha From 1990 to 1991 Helen Pharm.D is skilled in: Specialty Pharmacy, Managed Care, PBM, Clinical Program Development, Operations Management, Formulary Management, Pharmacy, Management, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Clinical Trials, Pharmacists, Medicare, Healthcare Information Technology, Pharmaceutical Industry, Oncology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension