Director of Human Resources @ Synaptics Incorporated
Global Vice President of Human Resources @ Greenwave Systems Inc
Dynamic and highly skilled leader with over fifteen years of experience in the full spectrum of human resources, specializing in technology organizations. Skilled in building and leading human resources operations as a trusted advisor and collaborative partner with the executive team. Combines unique blend of visionary leadership and executive business savvy to align people with strategy and
Dynamic and highly skilled leader with over fifteen years of experience in the full spectrum of human resources, specializing in technology organizations. Skilled in building and leading human resources operations as a trusted advisor and collaborative partner with the executive team. Combines unique blend of visionary leadership and executive business savvy to align people with strategy and spearhead innovative programs that enhance corporate culture, optimize talent, business structure, and internal processes.
Specialties: Full Cycle Recruiting ● Mergers and Acquisitions ● Supervision and Leadership ● Corrective Actions and Terminations ● Title VII ● ADA ● Affirmative Action ● ERISA ● Worker's Compensation ● IRCA ● Fair Labor Standards Act ● Training and Development ● Compensation Design ● Benefits Administration ● Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution ● Employee Investigations ● Organizational Behavior and Development ● Policy, Process and System Design ● Retention Strategy ● Budget Oversight ●
Global Vice President of Human Resources @ GreenWave Systems is a leading Internet of Things (IoT) software and services company. GreenWave is privately held with locations in Irvine, Copenhagen, Singapore,Korea and San Jose with close to 225 employees.
Creating Human Resources systems and policies for a Global start-up technology organization. Member of the executive staff reporting to the CEO. Full spectrum Human Resources strategic partnership including employee’s relations, Compensation Committee participation, performance management, benefits, talent acquisition, and organizational development.
• Identified and implemented HRIS for global locations to increase communication and facilitate reporting.
• Implemented company’s first goal and review system with cascading goals to focus employees on milestones.
• Created and rolled out first global bonus program, tied to employee performance and company financials.
• Managed process to create new ISO equity program. Lead team to determine true up grants for existing employees.
• Created company’s first merit cycle for focus point increases. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Irvine, CAVice President, Human Resources and Administration @ Key partner of the executive leadership team. Develop and execute business growth strategies and internal operations improvements in partnership with the President and Chief Operating Officer. Manage two contract Recruiters, one Human Resources Generalist, a Facilities Contractor and a Receptionist while delivering advisory services across the full spectrum of human resources including; employee relations, recruitment and staffing, benefits, performance management, compensation, and training.
• Created a thriving company culture as the sole human resources employee during a rapid growth period. Managed 15 - 20 recruitments during peak hiring periods. Increased the staffing levels from 50 employees to 205.
• Undertook facilities management in 2010. Moved company from a 23,000 square foot site to a 34,000 square foot location with minimal system downtime and business disruption.
• Human resources representative on due diligence and integration during four company acquisitions. Assimilated benefit programs, compensation, and company culture. Consolidated organization through divisional mergers and employee layoffs.
• Implemented a philanthropic program. Allows 1% of company's profits and employee's time (20 hours a year) to be used for charitable endeavours.
• Collaborated with outside compensation consultant on executive compensation and benchmarking. Participate in Board of Directors Compensation Committee meeting as an advisor.
• Streamlined recruiting function through the implementation of a resume database and the creation of a requisition and offer process to comply with SOX standards.
• Executed multiple benefits program enhancements including; summer hours, 401K match, volunteer time, vision benefits, and vet care. Offered on-site perks and programs to improve communication and morale including; free snacks and sodas, in-house massages, and lunch and learn programs. From January 2007 to October 2013 (6 years 10 months) Irvine, CAHR Director @ formerly Interchange Corp
Designed and modified human resources processes for effectiveness. Lead organizational development efforts, maintenance and improvement of human resources programs including; compensation, benefits, performance management, and employee services.
• Launched a quarterly review and bonus program. Benchmarked bonus compensation data and determined bonus structure according to level. Wrote a review form that evaluated behaviour and performance. From October 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 4 months) Irvine, CAHuman Resources Manager @ Compensation-Created a compensation and equity structure for Board of Directors approval.
Employee Relations- Employee and manager investigations and conflict resolution. Performs and summarizes exit interviews. Coaching and Counseling. Coordinates layoffs when necessary.
Benefits- Initially administered benefits program. In April 2005 delegated to direct report. Liaison for insurance broker and carrier. Renewed 2005 benefits at $10,000 increase, reducing employees contribution and adding vision coverage.
Commercial Insurance- Responsible for annual renewal and maintaining Workers Compensation and commercial insurance.
Payroll- Initially responsible for Ceridian payroll for entire company. In April 2005 delegated to direct report.
Stock Options- Taking on role as stock option administrator. Created stock options ranges for new hires. Managed stock option true up grants for existing employees. Coordinated all necessary paperwork. From June 2004 to October 2005 (1 year 5 months) Irvine, CASr HR Generalist @ Rainbow was acquired by SafeNet in March 2004. From March 2004 to June 2004 (4 months) Irvine, CASr HR Generalist @ Recruiting- Managed recruiting function. Created temporary requisition process and database. Coordinated Immigration needs. Negotiated agency contracts. Conducted New Hire Orientation.
Employee Relations- Employee and manager investigations and conflict resolution. Performed and summarized exit interviews. Coaching and Counseling. Helped create WARN Act notification letter. Conducted 30, 60, 90-day new hire feedback sessions. Performed terminations as necessary. Participated in due diligence process for SafeNets acquisition of Rainbow Technologies. Participated in Chrysalis integration after Rainbow purchased the company.
Safety- Responsible for writing and maintaining the IIPP. Conducted ergonomic assessments. Completely redesigned evacuation plan and ergonomics program.
Reporting- Collected employee and new hire information from worldwide locations. Tracked cost per hire for worldwide hires. Responsible for organization charts. From December 2002 to June 2004 (1 year 7 months) Regional HR Manager @ Responsibilities included employee relations, recruiting, new hire processing, and downsizing. From June 2002 to November 2002 (6 months) Anaheim, CARecruiting Consultant @ Responsible for recruiting operations personnel for mortgage division. Manage 50 to 100 continual openings for multiple locations. Member of a task force, along with consultants, which made suggestions to redesign the recruiting process. From May 2001 to February 2002 (10 months) Irvine, CARecruiter @ HNC was acquired by Fair Isaac after I left. From April 1999 to April 2001 (2 years 1 month) Irvine, CARecruiter @ Recruiting- Managed recruiting function. Hired over 400 employees in 2 years. Negotiated agency contracts. Created temporary personnel database and coordinated over 100 temporaries. Completed companys first AAP. Selected and installed web enabled resume database. Created college-recruiting strategy. Significantly reduced cost per hire and days to fill time. Facilitated Visa processing.
Compensation- Completed compensation surveys. Benchmarked positions. Created job descriptions.
Employee Relations- Performed Exit Interviews. Employee and manager coaching. Investigations as needed.
Policy and Procedures- Created staffing procedures for regular and temporary personnel. Designed employee referral program.
Training- Designed and facilitated management training on recruiting process and procedures. Redesigned new hire orientation.
Other- Responsible for Activities Committee Planning. Special projects as needed. From April 1999 to April 2001 (2 years 1 month) HR Generalist @ Recruiting- Recruited for exempt and non-exempt employees. Designed employment website. Responsible for preparing Affirmative Action Plan.
Compensation- Participated in job evaluations. Created job descriptions.
Employee Relations- Employee and Manager coaching. Investigations as needed. Exit Interviews
Policy and Procedures- Developed Internet recruiting strategy. Created and coordinated college intern program.
Training- Facilitated Affirmative Action training for managers. Redesigned new hire orientation.
Other- Activities Committee member, Safety Committee member, Coordinated and designed Coffee with the President From May 1996 to April 1999 (3 years) Costa Mesa, CAStaffing Analyst @ From 1993 to 1996 (3 years)
M.S., HR Managment @ Chapman University From 1993 to 1996 B.S., Sociology @ Chapman University
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension