Project Management @
California State University, Bakersfield
In my prior work experience, I have held many managerial positions. In those positions I have executed and implemented decisions and projects to improve the company’s performance. For example, I was the Assistant General Shop Manager for the largest full-service travel center company in the United States, Travel Centers of America. I would help maintain the profit
In my prior work experience, I have held many managerial positions. In those positions I have executed and implemented decisions and projects to improve the company’s performance. For example, I was the Assistant General Shop Manager for the largest full-service travel center company in the United States, Travel Centers of America. I would help maintain the profit margins and make sure the customers were satisfied. Simultaneously, I was a Financial Representative Intern with North Western Mutual where I accomplished a position in the top two percentile of interns. The skills and knowledge that I gained as an Assistant General Shop Manager and a financial intern lead me to be part ownership and Operations Manager of H. Sidhu Enterprises Inc. For two years, I served as a liaison between brokers and carriers to effectively plan and negotiate distribution logistics. In addition, I managed the flow of goods between the points of origin and the point of destination in order to meet the requirements of customers. I would also provide a forecast of revenues and expenditures for the company and plan and manage the company’s short term and long term goals.
UM Business Analyst III @ • Performed advanced analytics in support of business processes and projects that contribute to
the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals set out by the Board of Directors and
Chief Executive Officer.
• Advanced understanding of the influence data, created or used by a department, has on
operations in all departments and the ability to document or investigate issues as to why a
certain behavior or outcomes are exhibited through department’s data metrics.
• Advanced skills in analysis and understanding of operational questions as to why a certain
measured artifact exist in the data and can bring meaningful context with a clear presentation
to Director level management.
• Advanced skills in the use of analytical reasoning to understand the end user's requirements
and transform the requirements into operational application.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and
distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information provided by a large number of people
who interact with the business, such as customers, staff, IT professionals, and executives.
• Ability to develop and complete analysis of a finite, measurable component, or process, within
a business unit and the impact that any trends from the analysis has on the overall business.
• Demonstrated experience on how to deconstruct high-level information into details and
abstract up from the low-level information into generalized results. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Bakersfield, California AreaCorporate Business Analyst @ • Drive the requirements process of new/existing IT solutions for supporting the new/changing business demands.
• Analyze business needs to identify opportunities for improved efficiency.
Expected to work with cross border requirements within an integrated reporting value chain.
• Drive the requirements process either within a project lifecycle or application management lifecycle.
Familiarity with standard techniques of requirements gathering, project scoping, stakeholder management, facilitation and negotiation.
• Certain degree of involvement during the quality assurance and testing process is expected.
• Capturing and documenting requirements and converting these into data modeling and system design.
• Creating functional and non-functional requirements, with sufficient quality and coverage, to ensure stable and robust IT deliveries.
• Understand the system development process to act accordingly throughout all phases of the development in order to secure efficient and effective IT solutions.
• Provide project members, steering group, and other stakeholders with a clear understanding of project timelines, risks and issues based on defined requirements as well as changing requirements.
• Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions (new and/or existing) in order to improve the efficiency of IT development. From July 2012 to April 2015 (2 years 10 months) Bakersfield, California AreaChevron Operations Approver for Kern River and EMC @ From March 2012 to July 2012 (5 months) Operations Manager @ • Manage the flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of destination in order to meet the requirements of customers
• Provide a forecast of revenues and expenditures
• Plan and manage the companies short term and long term goals
• Serve as liaison between brokers and carriers to plan and execute distributions From 2011 to February 2012 (1 year) Logistics Account Executive @ Received incoming orders from vendors and will call customers
Dispatched trucks and drivers for deliveries and coordinate deliveries with other departments
Scheduled workload for next day according to the needs of customers, verifies, and scans billing paperwork in a timely manner, while providing unmatched excellence in customer service
Increase market share from existing account base and new business to business opportunities.
Oversees bid process and spot quoting on all teams freight.
Manage customer relationships
Acts as liaison between the shipper and receiver.
Creates annual plan, with daily, weekly and monthly goals.
Prepare and coordinate required reporting documentation.
Proactively manage exceptions and provide solutions
Ensure goals are met by following the daily and weekly sales model.
Communicate information timely and accurately. From March 2009 to February 2011 (2 years) Assisant General Shop Manager @ • Practiced safety as priority #1 for the team and customers
• Assisted the General Manager in leading the team with great customer service skills
• Coached and developed employees to build a strong cohesive working team
• Responsible for accounting functions such as accounts payable, receivable, monthly closing, bank reconciliations, etc.
• Assisted in the preparation of budgets, financial statements, reports, and maintain the general ledger system
• Ensured accuracy of compliance with accounting policies and procedures
• Performed financial analysis such as lease purchase along with modeling to assist in decision making From January 2006 to November 2009 (3 years 11 months) Financial Representive (Intern) @ • Provided financial service and security to clients
• Work independently with guidance from experienced colleagues
• Analyzed and evaluated client’s situations to determine the correct products to fill their needs and present the right solutions
• Provided ongoing service by contacting clients to remind them of the available resources
• Gained valuable 1-on-1 sales and analytical experience working with a Fortune 500 company that is at the top of the financial services industry From November 2007 to June 2009 (1 year 8 months) Bakersfield, California Area
Project Management @ CSUB From 2013 to 2014 Associates Degree, Management @ Santa Barbara Business College-Ventura From 2006 to 2008 Arvin High School From 2001 to 2004 Harjeet Sidhu is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Management, Customer Service, PowerPoint, Accounts Payable, Accounting, Sales, Microsoft Office, Operations Management, Forecasting, General Ledger, CRM, Strategic Planning, Team Building, Budgets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension