14 years of recruiting leadership across business, technical, and creative disciplines from entry-level to senior executive roles in both start-up and large tech company environments. Managed large, diverse teams spanning multiple geographies and levels. Passionate about coaching at all stages: from career counseling to professional development to college applications to youth sports. Proud member of Red Sox
14 years of recruiting leadership across business, technical, and creative disciplines from entry-level to senior executive roles in both start-up and large tech company environments. Managed large, diverse teams spanning multiple geographies and levels. Passionate about coaching at all stages: from career counseling to professional development to college applications to youth sports. Proud member of Red Sox Nation.
Director of Talent @ Leading Engineering, Creative, and Business Recruiting teams. Join us: www.square.com/careers From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaBusiness and Executive Recruiting Lead @ • Managed Business, Creative, and Executive Recruiting Teams.
• Lead recruiting strategy for 100+ positions quarterly across all Business functions, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Design, Communications, Legal and People.
• Directed Executive recruiting searches for all VP and Director-level candidates, including Head of Corp. Development, Head of Europe, Head of Product Marketing, Head of Customer Acquisition, Head of Payments, and Counsel roles.
• Managed team of 12 direct reports. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaTalent Programs Lead @ • Managed Campus Recruiting, Diversity Programs, and 'Square One' New Employee On-boarding Teams.
• Launched Campus Recruiting and Programs, reaching 100% of hiring targets in two seasons, including 70+ full-time Software Engineers and 50+ Interns across Product, Infrastructure, Security, and Hardware.
• Lead Square’s first Campus recruiting campaign across 15-20 target universities, including 100+ events yearly.
• Named #16 desired employer for CS students at “Top Schools” from Piazza Insights survey of 302 universities after only two years on campus: https://recruiting.piazza.com/insights
• Co-lead Diversity Programs, including Code Camp to inspire, education, and empower next generation of women in technology—efforts doubled number of female engineers at Square.
• Oversaw “Square One” employee on-boarding program, welcoming hundreds of new employees yearly. From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaUniversity Programs Manager @ EMEA University Programs Manager (1/11 – 3/12)
• Directed university recruiting strategy for business-related opportunities across EMEA, establishing, building, and maintaining relationships at 100+ target universities, reaching 100% of hiring targets for New Grads and Interns.
• Managed international university programs and recruiting team of 12 direct reports in Dublin, London, Paris, and Stockholm offices, achieving 100% favorable results in semi-annual manager feedback survey.
• Co-lead Diversity Internship and Immersion Programs in Cambridge, MA and Dublin, providing students historically under-represented in the technology field exposure to Google.
• Developed first non-technical internship program in Africa, placing students in the Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda, Nigeria, and South Africa offices.
North America University Programs Manager (7/06-12/10)
• Lead undergraduate and MBA opportunities across North America, executing 50+ on-campus and on-site events yearly, presenting for audiences as large as 500 students and faculty.
• Spearheaded Google’s partnership with Lime Connect, an international organization for students with disabilities, establishing Google as the top employment destination of Lime students.
• Cofound Campus Ambassador Program, placing over 120 Student Ambassadors at over 60 campuses.
• Promoted from Specialist to Senior Specialist (11/08) to Manager (11/09). From July 2006 to April 2012 (5 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaUndergradate Admission Reader @ • Read, evaluated, and submitted decisions on over 600 undergraduate applications.
• Performed as a first reader for applications from the Southeast and California regions and as a second reader for applications from the New England, Mid-West, and Mid-Atlantic regions.
• Worked 20 hours/week while completing full-time degree program to help offset cost of education. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaAssociate Director of Admission @ • Served on Admission Committee, enrolling 150 students from an applicant pool of over 1,200 students per year.
• Read, evaluated, and submitted decisions on over 250 applications and interviewed over 125 prospective students and parents yearly, while managing admission territory across 10+ states as well as Canada and Bermuda.
• Promoted from Assistant Director to Associate Director (7/04). From June 2002 to August 2005 (3 years 3 months) Greater Boston Area
MA, Education @ Stanford University From 2005 to 2006 BA, Psychology @ Wesleyan University From 1998 to 2002 Milton Academy From 1995 to 1998 Greg Marsh is skilled in: Higher Education, Public Speaking, College Recruiting, Graduate Recruitment, Student Recruitment, Technical Recruiting, Sales Recruitment, Interview Coaching, Interview Preparation, Resume Writing, Admissions, Student Recruiting, Recruiting, General Awesomeness, Coaching
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension