Professional Accounting Certificate, Accounting @
Austin Community College
Seasoned Accounting and Financial Planning professional with over 10 years experience in management and financial accounting. My experience spans across multiple industries including Manufacturing, B2B, Hospitality, Financial services, Public services, IT, and the Oil and Gas industry. Currently focused on providing high level Accounting, and financial planning services that put my client’s goals and objectives first. My
Seasoned Accounting and Financial Planning professional with over 10 years experience in management and financial accounting. My experience spans across multiple industries including Manufacturing, B2B, Hospitality, Financial services, Public services, IT, and the Oil and Gas industry. Currently focused on providing high level Accounting, and financial planning services that put my client’s goals and objectives first. My personal mantra is pushing the limits, breaking barriers, giving 150% in everything I do. I look forward to working with you.
Accounting Supervisor @ Manage 15 project accounting clerks, act as technical accounting resource, and provide day to day operational management of the small projects initiative From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Austin, Texas AreaManaging Director @ GEMHLE LLC is a local small business, providing Bookkeeping, Payroll, Accounting, and Business Planning services to the San Marcos, and surrounding areas of Texas.
We provide Clients with various financial planning solutions including; Retirement planning, Education savings, Insurance planning, Business planning, estate planning, tax strategies and Investment planning.
• Provide Tax Planning strategies
• Bookkeeping and Payroll services for small business clients
• Conduct Various community based educational seminars
• Administer employer sponsored benefit plans like 401k, dental, health and disability insurances From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Financial Advisor @ My goal is to develop a financial plan tailored specifically to your needs as part of Waddell & Reed, a company that has helped people just like you get where they want to go for more than 75 years From February 2015 to September 2015 (8 months) Financial Advisor (Trainee) @ From August 2014 to December 2014 (5 months) Accounting Manager @ Managed all Accounting functions at the Austin location including but not limited to; Payroll Accounting, Indirect Tax Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Month-end closes, internal audits, preparing external audit schedules. Financial reports, General Ledger account reconciliation, budget preparation and variance analysis. From May 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 2 months) Membership Development and Training @ Technical Support and Training on DI Website, Desktop application, ESP and DI Analytics From August 2012 to May 2013 (10 months) General Ledger Accountant @ • Prepared and submitted daily deposit
• Credit card accounting
• DI International data entry and Account/Balance sheet reconciliation
• Daily bank activity posting for US and International Accounts
• Prepaid asset accounting
• Fixed asset accounting
• Intangible asset accounting
• Deferred revenue accounting
• US Balance sheet reconciliations
• Reviewing A/P invoices for correct allocation
• Sales tax accounting/payments
• Process wires, ACH’s
• Revenue Allocation and Recognition From August 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 2 months) Management Accountant (Controller) @ •Monthly management reporting – Including Budget and forecast/variance reports
•Accruals, prepayments and deferrals
•Monthly account reconciliation, end of year Reconciliations of balance sheet & control accounts and preparation of accounts up to trial balance in preparation for audit review
•Petty Cash/Cash book postings and reconciliation
•Manual cheque, BACS payment run, and all weekly payment runs
•Purchase ledger and Nominal ledger reconciliation
•Recharge accounting – calculating and allocating recharge amount for various service charges within the supported living division
•Producing monthly account reconciliation for Multiple sites/departments
• Updating fixed assets Register
•Working with senior management on ways to improve revenue recognition
•Managing the Sales ledger
•Revenue accruals and releases
•UK & Foreign payroll journals From January 2007 to July 2011 (4 years 7 months) Regional Strategist @ • Partner with each Global Market Manager/Regional Manager to understand their regional needs/goals and develop a marketing strategy and plan that is linkable to the broader U.S Citigroup Private Bank strategies
• Coordinating and supporting all National and Regional direct mail (including statement mailings, account migration mailings and other ad hoc account mailings), advertising and PR initiatives.
• Arranging the development and support of client events and sponsorships, coordinating event related marketing collateral needs.
• Conducting advertising/market research on an ad hoc basis to keep track on trends within the Private Banking industry/market and drawing up competitive analysis report.
• Maintaining and updating content for the Intranet & internet site From January 2006 to September 2006 (9 months)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Accounting @ Texas State University From 2013 to 2015 Professional Accounting Certificate, Accounting @ Austin Community College From 2009 to 2012 Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), International Business and Management @ University of Bradford From 2004 to 2005 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Philosophy @ Ambrose Alli University From 1996 to 2000 Gloria Edokpa, MBA is skilled in: Management, Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Forecasting, Budgets, Analysis, Due Diligence, Financial Analysis
Looking for a different
Gloria Edokpa, MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension