Ginger is the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) for Shire. She was previously CHRO for Dunkin' Brands the parent company for Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins. Previous to Dunkin' she served as Global Head of HR for 3 divisions of Novartis (Vaccines & Diagnostics,Consumer Health and NIBR (Research.) These Divisions range from 5,000-13,000 FTEs; 2 Billion-6 Billion
Ginger is the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) for Shire. She was previously CHRO for Dunkin' Brands the parent company for Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins. Previous to Dunkin' she served as Global Head of HR for 3 divisions of Novartis (Vaccines & Diagnostics,Consumer Health and NIBR (Research.) These Divisions range from 5,000-13,000 FTEs; 2 Billion-6 Billion in Sales; HR teams direct and indirect 100-250.
Her experience also includes 4 years at Novo Nordisk in roles in Europe and the US (including CHRO in Denmark) and 3 years at Bristol Myers Squibb. Prior to her industry experience Ginger was a consultant with Booz Allen & Hamilton in the area of organisation change and effectiveness.
Dr. Gregory's main areas of expertise include:
- strategic HR leadership
- executive compensation
- mergers and acquisitions
- organizational culture change
- C-suite leadership development
- strategic staffing
- senior level teambuilding
- organizational development with appreciate inquiry
Specialties: Culture change, organizational design, executive selection, executive coaching, teambuilding, appreciative inquiry, experiential education.
Chief Human Resources Officer @ Serve as corporate officer for 5.5B pharmaceutical company. Lead HR function to support aggressive growth. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Advisory Board Member @ Serve as a member of the Board of Directors. From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Board of Governors - Member @ Serve on the Board of Governors of the Dorset Field Club, a tennis and golf club. Act as tennis committee representative and HR advisor. From August 2014 to August 2015 (1 year 1 month) SVP HR - Chief Human Resources Officer @ From March 2012 to February 2014 (2 years) Global Head Human Resources @ - Top HR executive for Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics (NVD) division.
- Develop and lead implementation of HR Strategy to support NVD growth across fully integrated business.
- Manage global HR team of 100 FTEs in 7 global sites.
- Focus on employee engagement and organizational culture of operational excellence.
- Managed multiple due diligence efforts and integration of vaccines company in China.
- Member of the Novartis US Stock Committee, Global Travel Committee, Global and US HR Boards, Board of Directors at Tianyuan Pharmaceuticals. From August 2010 to March 2012 (1 year 8 months) Global Head HR @ Led Human Resources for 6 bil USD Consumer Health Division of Novartis including Over the Counter, Animal Health and Ciba Vision BUs. From January 2010 to August 2010 (8 months) Global Head HR @ - Led HR team of 100 across 5 global sites.
- Led successful organizational culture change driving innovation, teamwork and results.
- Re-vamped compensation and benefits processes to meet the needs of 5000 person research organization.
- Built training and development function with focus on global teamwork and strengths building (person-based rather than position-based development)
- Supported the 'Lab of the Future' project radically revamping lab design to support collaboration.
- Participated in multiple due diligence efforts.
- Managed integration of Chiron acquisition of 300 oncology research associates.
- Led closure of research sites in Japan and Austria. From October 2005 to January 2010 (4 years 4 months) SVP Human Resources (People and Organization) @ - CHRO of Novo Nordisk A/S located in Denmark.
- Developed corporate HR strategy with focus on 'building the basics' including global job classification and performance management.
- Built corporate compensation and benefits team to support global mobility and talent acquisition. From April 2004 to October 2005 (1 year 7 months) VP Human Resources @ - Top HR executive supporting major business turnaround resulting in >30% annual growth.
- Independendently managed compensation and benefits design and implementation for North American affiliate.
- Successfully conducted HR function turnaround creating aligned business partner model.
- Led culture change through altering and aligning staffing, selection, on-boarding, development, rewards and exit. From July 2001 to April 2004 (2 years 10 months) Director Human Resources @ - Designed and led implementation of talent review and succession planning process.
- Designed 'Guide' mentoring program.
- Served as internal leadership and talent development consultant within BMS.
- Led Diversity function - focus on staffing and inclusive culture change.
- Served as HR partner to the IT and Business Development functions. From February 1998 to July 2001 (3 years 6 months) Management Consultant @ From 1997 to 1998 (1 year) Management Consultant @ - Conducted exective assessments with varied clients (ARCO, Lockheed Martin, Playboy Enterprises, etc.)
- Executive coaching, interpersonal training, teambuilding, culture change design and delivery with varied clients.
- Independent business development based on client needs.
- Typically worked alone but occasional collaboration with other consultants in the firm. From December 1994 to February 1997 (2 years 3 months)
Ph.D., Industrial/ Organizational Psychology @ The George Washington University From 1991 to 1995 BA, Psychology @ University of Massachusetts, Amherst From 1986 to 1989 Ginger Gregory is skilled in: Organizational Design, Executive Coaching, Culture Change, Team Building, Executive Search, Appreciative Inquiry, Succession Planning, Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Performance Management, Leadership Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension