MSc, Computer Science @
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Experienced executive with strong entrepreneurial background. I combine a deep understanding of technology and software-based product development, with an understanding of business strategy and user centred design. I structure and lead teams to execute the technical strategies, with a strong focus on measurable results and an iterative, metrics-oriented approach to assessing and improving the performance of the
Experienced executive with strong entrepreneurial background. I combine a deep understanding of technology and software-based product development, with an understanding of business strategy and user centred design. I structure and lead teams to execute the technical strategies, with a strong focus on measurable results and an iterative, metrics-oriented approach to assessing and improving the performance of the engineering teams. I love taking on difficult technical challenges, and enjoy working with teams that see such challenges as a way to have fun at work.
I am driven by the opportunity to make a fundamental impact on company success by assembling a top-notch engineering team to develop a best-of-breed product, fostering innovation within the team, and inspiring them to take on the most challenging problems whose solution carries tremendous value-add for the end user. I feel most comfortable in a CTO / VP of Engineering role in a small to medium start-up, or a senior leadership role in a larger organization.
Specialties: Product management; leadership of cutting-edge, multicultural, distributed engineering teams; technical strategy; entrepreneurship and innovation; user centred design, agile methodologies and SCRUM; software development best practices; team building; operational metrics; project and portfolio management; global products and platforms; scalable system design.
Technologies / Architectures / Practices:
- Microsoft .Net, IIS, SharePoint, J2EE / JEE, JSF, JSP, JMS, MySQL, SQL Server, JBoss, Glassfish
- OOP, Design Patterns, N-tier systems, SOA, Web Services, Loosely Coupled Systems, Client-server,
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data
- Large-scale systems, Redundancy, Reliability and Availability Architectures
- Agile, SCRUM, RUP, Test-Driven Design, Unit Testing, Test Automation, Continuous Integration, A/B-Testing
Chief Technology Officer @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Founder, CTO @ Key Accomplishments:
- Researched and developed the technology for Breakaway, the first Sentropy product.
- Developed the MVP for Breakaway
- Located and engaged pilot clients
- Created the Sentropy Product Roadmap, and formulated a hiring plan to execute it
- Jointly with my co-founder formulated the company vision, business model and strategy.
- Jointly with my co-founder created the fundraising materials and drove fundraising. From November 2012 to March 2015 (2 years 5 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandVice President Product Management, Europe @ Key Accomplishments:
- Led the launch of KAYAK-branded websites for Russia, Poland, Switzerland and Lithuania.
- Led the project to transition the swoodoo-branded websites in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and
Lithuania to the new KAYAK platform, without any disruption to operations.
- Drove the creation of tools and processes to support the European SEM team.
- Coordinated the development of a new SEO infrastructure for Europe to specifications provided by the SEO specialists.
- Improved communication and collaboration between the US and European parts of the organisation through lightweight processes and trust-building measures.
- Drove the adoption of Test Automation as a means to improve the output quality and agility of the
product development team. From November 2011 to October 2012 (1 year) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandProgram / Project Manager @ Key Accomplishments:
- Successfully led the transition of multiple 3rd party external vendor teams from a waterfall-based development methodology to a SCRUM-based Agile methodology.
- Introduced (in conjunction with the lead software architect) and drove the adoption of key software
development best practices to European Product Development team.
- Increased release frequency from roughly once every 8 weeks to roughly once a week through proper
adoption of Agile methodologies and Test Automation.
- As SCRUM Master, removed blockers and streamlined processes for three separate team concurrently.
- Designed processes to allow other functions (e.g., Content & Localization, UED, etc.) to work alongside the Product Development teams in an Agile fashion.
- Led a portfolio of three EPD projects.
- Catalogue Adoption Tool (CAT): A tool deployed to six countries and designed to help sellers upgrade existing listings on eBay, in order to associate the items in the listings with the corresponding standardised products in the eBay catalogue.
- EU Daily Deals: The EU Daily Deals program produces over $100M of GMV per year for eBay’s EU Marketplaces unit. http://deals.ebay.co.uk & http://deals.ebay.de.
- Merchandising Selection Tool: An internal eBay tool used to select inventory for major placements on
the site (e.g. http://outlet.ebay.co.uk) and major marketing campaigns. From May 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 7 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandSenior Software Manager @ - Lead the core PhysX SDK teams after NVIDIA’s acquisition of AGEIA Inc.
- Leader for the Zurich site.
- Managed two teams (distributed between Zurich and Beijing) who implemented the software (PC) and console (PS3, Xbox & Wii) versions of the core SDK.
- Implemented all project management activities for the PC and console versions of the SDK.
- Acted as liaison to our console partners (Sony and Microsoft).
- Managed a subset of the client (game developer) relationships. From September 2006 to April 2010 (3 years 8 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandArchitect / Senior Consultant @ - Delivered custom-built solutions to solve specific client problems.
- Provided the technical component for proposals to clients.
- Estimated projects both in terms of time and cost to within 10% accuracy.
- Helped streamline internal processes.
- Mentored other consultants to help them expand their skill-sets.
- Created internal Architecture guidelines.
Solutions Architect Portfolio:
- Client: State of Indiana (Feb 2006 – Sep 2006)
- Client: CNA (Mar 2005 – Dec 2005)
- Client: FLIR (Jan 2005 – Feb 2005)
- Client: Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (Aug 2004 – Dec 2004)
- Client: Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (Feb 2004 – Sep 2004)
- Internal SEI Product: Ladon (Mar 2003 – Jan 04)
Senior Consultant Portfolio:
- Client: Massachusetts Department of Public Health (Jul 2003 – Feb 2004)
- Client: Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (Mar 2003 – Jun 2003) From March 2002 to September 2006 (4 years 7 months) CTO, Member of the Board of Directors @ - Developed the core technology and prototypes for Tenara products.
- Closed first round financing in conjunction with the other founders.
- Hired the key technology personnel and managed the development of the core Tenara product.
- Served on the Board of Directors up to November 2001. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Technology Consultant @ From 1999 to 1999 (less than a year) San Francisco Bay AreaCo-Founder, Director of Product Development @ net.Genesis successfully executed an IPO and was eventually acquired by SPSS.
- Developed and directed the development team for some of the early net.Genesis products.
- Prepared the technical specifications for a number of proposals to clients.
- Served on the net.Genesis consulting team.
- Member of the original founding team. From January 1994 to March 1995 (1 year 3 months)
Ph.D., Computer Science @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1995 to 2000 MSc, Computer Science @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1993 to 1995 BSc, Computer Science @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1990 to 1993 English School From 1982 to 1988 George Hadjiyiannis is skilled in: Agile, Product Management, Software Project Management, Software Engineering, Scrum, Product Development, Process Development, Project Planning, Team Leadership, Strategic Planning, Software Development, Requirements Analysis, Agile Methodologies, Distributed Team Management, Business Intelligence
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension