Technology Solution Architecture Lead @ Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
Application Scientist Lead @ Benchling
Senior Business Technology Analyst (previously Medivation) @ Pfizer
Business Analyst @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead Business Analyst/Functional Lead @ • Gained funding to support the full-scale implementation of a streamlined, optimal, “best in class” development and execution platform for Analysis and Reporting processes to support in-life, end of trial, regulatory, and life cycle management activities. The analysis and
Business Analyst @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead Business Analyst/Functional Lead @ • Gained funding to support the full-scale implementation of a streamlined, optimal, “best in class” development and execution platform for Analysis and Reporting processes to support in-life, end of trial, regulatory, and life cycle management activities. The analysis and reporting platform will address key business challenges in Compliance, Efficiency, and Global Performance.
• Led requirements gathering sessions with the client for 14 modules spanning end-to-end capabilities and processes, including but not limited to Audit Trail Capabilities, User Access & Administration, Searchability & Reuse, SAS Program and Macro Development, Code Validation and Compliance, Unblinding, Immutable Tables, and eSubmissions.
• Led development of wireframes, functional designs, and configuration specifications for the client's A&R Platform, involving an offshore-onshore blend of Business Analysts ( 3 offshore, 4 onshore).
• Led a significantly larger offshore team of 30 developers and 15 testers to build and stress test the system by simulating complex analyses and SAS executions in the Analysis and Reporting Platform.
• Led design workshops with the client to confirm functional designs and ensure business requirements were met. Collected feedback from IT and Business on designs and reconciled updates.
• Authored documentation for the A&R Platform for the Analyze and Build phases, including Business Requirements, User Requirements, Functional Requirements, Functional Risk Assessments, Validation Master Plans, Non Functional/Performance Requirements, Requirements Traceability Matrices, and Functional Design Specifications.
• Built lasting relationships within the current client’s biostatistics department and other large pharma companies interested in the Analysis & Reporting Platform. From October 2014 to May 2015 (8 months) Lead Business Analyst @ • Developed an innovative, fully flexible and scalable Analysis and Reporting Proof of Concept system to alleviate challenges that Statistical Programmers and Statisticians face in the areas of information storage, control, and reuse. The Proof of Concept had modules for User Administration/Access (including Reports), Metadata Search, Program Development, Standard Macro Development, and Traceability Reporting.
• Led requirements gathering sessions, identified opportunities for processes efficiencies and automation, and developed design specifications for the Proof of Concept system.
• Developed a proficiency in SAS programming, including manipulating SAS datasets as datafiles and dataviews, and the Oracle Life Sciences Hub product.
• Managed an India-based offshore development team consisting of Java, ADF, SAS and PLSQL developers, ensuring build/test milestones were met.
• Performed quality assurance testing of the Proof of Concept system.
• Led a 2 week, on-site user confirmation involving 20+ business end-users. Troubleshot technical issues and ensured test script completion milestones were being met.
• Collected user feedback on the Proof of Concept system, analyzed and classified results, and developed visualizations to identify trends, as functions of system functionality and user adoption rates.
• Led product demos of the Analysis & Reporting Proof of Concept system to multiple pharma companies, generating future business opportunities.
• Led internal demos of the Analysis and Reporting Proof of Concept system. Reported on user adoption/acceptance of the Proof of Concept system to executive steering committees to gain future funding for the full-scale implementation of the Analysis and Reporting system. From May 2014 to October 2014 (6 months) Business Analyst @ • Supported the roll-out of a Clinical Trial Portal (CTP) system with eTrial Master File, Learning Management, Safety Letter Distribution, Secure Document Repository capabilities and integrations with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS).
• Analyzed current business processes and proactively performed gap analysis on user requirements to minimize risk to the project plan and critical milestones.
• Brought best-practices in User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, and Testing Automation to the client.
• Led development of User Acceptance Test script development and ensured complete coverage by performing an in-depth mapping to user requirements, functional requirements, and user experience wireframes.
• Advised the client to prioritize defects captured in JIRA and future enhancement requests to subsequent releases of the system, generating future business opportunities. From August 2013 to May 2014 (10 months) Systems Integration Analyst @ • Supported the deployment of 7000+ workstations requiring coordination with off-shore application testing/packaging, on-shore hardware refreshes, and OS upgrades
• Developed automated analytic and reporting tools to mine big data, drive business decisions, and mitigate obstacles throughout the deployment phase
• Created management reports with automated analytic and reporting visualizations for Accenture senior executives and client C-suites. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Systems Integration Analyst @ Major International Logistics Company
• Supported the re-engineering of a multi-million dollar track-and-trace system to enhance visibility of in-transit packages around the world to customers, giving the client a technological edge against competitors. The system is designed to handle 169 billion transactions per year, support data retention for at least 45 days (10 billion+ rows), and interfaces with over 30+ systems.
• Led requirements gathering sessions and produced Requirements Traceability Matrix, Functional Designs, Business Process Flows, and modular User Requirements Specification deliverables as a business analyst.
• Wrote comprehensive user acceptance test scripts and ensured complete traceability of requirements from Analyze/Design phases as a tester. Developed innovative ways of automating regression testing for future releases of the application.
• Designed, managed, and executed the deployment of the system via a Go-Live Action Plan (GLAP) that involved 60+ onshore team members, 30+ interfacing systems nationally, and 200+ business clients globally.
• Volunteered at KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) as a mentor for high school students preparing for college and a career in Information Technology. From August 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 10 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering @ The Johns Hopkins University - Whiting School of Engineering Geoff Wang is skilled in: Biotechnology, Statistical Modeling, Data Analysis, Unix, Matlab, Life Science Industry, Clinical Trials, Biomedical Engineering, Full SDLC, Java, Agile Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Mining, Project Management, SharePoint, Operating Systems, Program Management, Analysis, Statistics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension