An accomplished and driven supply chain/logistics executive with a proven track record providing exceptional leadership and strategic solutions for industry leaders. Extensive cross-functional expertise in procurement, materials management, logistics, relationship management and the development of integral process improvements. Proven ability to develop procedures that result in a decrease in overhead while increasing profits. Attentive to customer needs,
An accomplished and driven supply chain/logistics executive with a proven track record providing exceptional leadership and strategic solutions for industry leaders. Extensive cross-functional expertise in procurement, materials management, logistics, relationship management and the development of integral process improvements. Proven ability to develop procedures that result in a decrease in overhead while increasing profits. Attentive to customer needs, delivering solutions that ensure retention and loyalty. Able to establish strategic vendor/supplier relationships to develop performance-based, low cost solutions. Exceptional academic qualifications include an MBA from Pace University.
Asset Tracking & Recovery * Freight Management * Supply Chain Optimization (SCO) * Business Development * Global Supply Chain Management * TMS Design * Call Center Management * Global Trade & Compliance * Transportation Management * Custom Solution Design * Inventory Control * VAT Mitigation * Distribution Center Management * Reverse Logistics * Warranty Management * International Logistics * IT Systems Design * Business Plan Creation * Crisis Management * Multi-Million Dollar P&L * C-Level Management * Cross Departmental Collaboration * Team Leadership & Management * Change Management * Executive Board Member * Strategic Planning * Account Management * Disaster Recovery (DR) * Procurement * Business Continuity Planning (BCP) * EDI Integration * Product & Service Development * Business Process Improvement (BPI) * In-Country Hub Operation * Project Management * Client Relationship Management * Industrial Design * Risk Management * Contract Negotiation * ISO Certification * Solution Development * Cost Containment / Reduction * Operations Integration * Supplier Management * Customer Support * Personnel Maintenance * Vendor Sourcing
Practice Director, Service Parts Logistics @ • Provide an array of consulting services to high-profile clients including the development of logistics strategy, trend assessment, service planning and support program development.
• Lead management though RFQ process including requirements identification, supplier qualification, response assessment, SOW development and contract negotiations for core supply chain services or specialty services including Global Trade Compliance, Transportation Management Services (TMS), and Managed Transportation Services (MTS).
• Conduct operational review following end-to-end processes for efficiency and effectiveness identifying performance improvement opportunities. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Global Operations Executive Vice President @ • Directly oversaw all aspects of the organizational infrastructure, effectively managing P&L and leading global undertakings including a 24/7 international call center, 4 regional controls desks, 400 stocking locations and 7 distribution centers, ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
• Closely supervised a team of 5 Vice Presidents and 200 total staff while monitoring for optimal productivity.
• Served as 1 of 5 Executive Board Members, defining strategic plan initiatives from development to execution while also meticulously analyzing financial results and managing critical client relationships to ensure business success.
• Developed and implemented an in-house Global Trade Solutions team to provide guidance and regulatory compliant business solutions to clients enabling their geographic expansion into more than 90, countries while addressing VAT/duties, IOR/EOR, dual-use licensing, and environmental concerns.
• Spearheaded corporate growth from a $250K third party logistics (3PL) start-up with 5 national locations to a $100M operation with 400 locations covering 90 countries.
• Appointed as Executive Sponsor for over 70% of corporate revenue-producing clientele and as primary contact for Fortune 500 executives across high-tech medical, telecommunications, security and data storage industries.
• Attained a 5% reduction in costs while also actively approving capital expenditure outlays for distribution centers and performing regular financial evaluations to identify areas for improvement.
• Drove a TMS product project from design to delivery including integration with global trade solutions group activities. From 2006 to 2014 (8 years) Operations Senior Vice President @ • Maintained dually focused logistics and courier operations providing “white glove” customer service.
• Decreased costs by 2% through innovative process improvements and drove organizational expansion efforts to ensure continued growth.
• Led operations through a divestiture of courier operations and retention of a critical parts division.
• Initiated development of Solution Design team to interpret client requirements and present unique solutions.
• Collaborated with numerous departments (IT, Finance/Accounting, Legal) to ensure alignment and compliance. From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) Logistics Operations Vice President @ • Devised and implemented a strategic plan for the $17M ISO-certified 3PL operation while also initiating and achieving the attainment of ISO 9002 certification.
• Strategically centralized the distribution facilities for forward/reverse related “value added” services.
• Directed all facets of warranty management and inventory optimization of client owned inventory.
• Delivered critical contribution to the 3-year 50% growth rate through client acquisition and business expansion. From 1998 to 2003 (5 years) Director, Operations @ • Developed bill of materials (BOM) program for electronics manufacturer of memory modules
• Designed and implemented a system for wireless physical inventory and cycle counting for
• Modernized client specific labeling operation and in-sourced retail packaging operation From 1993 to 1994 (1 year) Service Logistics Manager / Distribution Manager / Inventory Control Manager @ • Managed operational and administrative functions for an organization that grew through acquisitions into a $1.8B reseller of computer and networking hardware From 1989 to 1993 (4 years) General Manager - Retail @ • Oversaw all aspects of retail management for computer reseller, including procurement, personnel management and customer service. From 1987 to 1989 (2 years) Stamford, CT
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Pace University - Lubin School of BusinessBachelor of Arts @ Binghamton University Gary Weiss is skilled in: Business Process..., Team Management, Operations Management, International Trade, Leadership, Business Strategy, Strategy, Supply Chain, Process Improvement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing, 3PL, Reverse Logistics, Logistics Management, Transportation..., Supply Chain..., Transportation, P&L Management, Change Management, International Logistics, Management, Strategic Planning, Warehouse Management, Cross-functional Team..., Air Freight, Team Leadership, Team Building, Negotiation, CRM, Vendor Management, Contract Negotiation, Strategic Partner..., Executive Management, Outsourcing, International Relations, International Business