Head of Product, News and Sport @ Telegraph Media Group
Lead (Head of) Product Management, Digital, CNN International @ CNN
No education info found.
Director, Product Management @ Leading the product team responsible for the expansion of OpenTable as we work to take the company global. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) London, United KingdomHead of Product, News and Sport @ Completed a full review of the current proposition and business model - delivered recommendations for a move
Director, Product Management @ Leading the product team responsible for the expansion of OpenTable as we work to take the company global. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) London, United KingdomHead of Product, News and Sport @ Completed a full review of the current proposition and business model - delivered recommendations for a move to digital first. From March 2014 to June 2014 (4 months) London, United KingdomLead (Head of) Product Management, Digital, CNN International @ Responsible for CNN's international (ex-US) digital product teams/products including CNN.com, CNN Arabic, Mobile, Tablet, ipTV, etc with teams in London, Hong Kong and the Middle East. From April 2012 to March 2014 (2 years) London, United KingdomLead Product Manager of the BBC News Website @ Lead the BBC News core product team (18 reports) responsible for product strategy, marketing, user research and product development of the BBC News website in both the UK and fully commercial international sites.
* bbc.com/news From April 2009 to April 2012 (3 years 1 month) LondonCo-lead BBC News Website Redesign 2010 @ * Co-lead the year long project to redesign one of the world's biggest websites. The project which gave us the current design that is used by millions around the world every day.
* Launched the BBC's US edition: Working between London and New York to ensure we produced the perfect product that would ensure growth in engagement and reach from our diverse global audience. From April 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 3 months) London and New YorkProduct/Entire Project Lead, BBC General Election 2010 (bbc.co.uk/election, mobile and Red button) @ * Lead the teams and defined the product vision behind one of the biggest events in the BBC editorial calendar.
* Showreel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYfej8PNmw
* Used by over 12 Million people on election night
* Won the Foreign Press Association award for live coverage I devised. From December 2009 to May 2010 (6 months) LondonSenior Product Manager, Live Journalism and Journalism Events @ Working across all BBC Journalism, including News, Sport and Weather. From November 2008 to May 2010 (1 year 7 months) Results Lead, BBC US Election Coverage, Washington DC and London @ Based in Washington DC and London, responsible for election results on: TV (BBC One, BBC News 24, BBC World News, BBC America), Radio (BBC Radio 4, 5 and World Service) and bbc.co.uk/news, mobile and Red Button for coverage of Obama's historic election victory. From April 2008 to November 2008 (8 months) Washington DC and LondonArchitect, BBC News @ Amongst many other things:
* Devised the real-time audience system (still in use) behind the 'Most Popular' features on the BBC iPlayer and BBC News website and used to ensure the BBC always promote the most relevant content to users of BBC digital products.
* Responsible for results coverage of the BBC's 2005 General Election coverage on digital platforms.
* Devised BBC News's first 'Multi Platform' news event, where content was produced and edited centrally, once, for all BBC News platforms. From April 2004 to 2008 (4 years) LondonProducer, News Specials Team @ * Amongst many other things devised the first ever 'live page', (aka: live blogging) on a news website for the coverage of the 2002 Government Budget.
* Worked on the BBC's coverage of many major news stories, including the September 11 2001 attacks.
* Worked on output for, and was a credited member of the production team for BBC News TV programmes including BBC One's Panorama. From May 2001 to 2004 (3 years) Newsroom, BBC Television Centre, LondonRadio Producer @ While still studying I worked in various roles (paid and voluntary) at local radio stations for these two groups, including producing a daily lunchtime talk show (phone-in) programme on the Guardian Media group's midlands station (RSL) in the summer of 1999. From June 1999 to May 2001 (2 years)
Gareth Owen is skilled in: News, Product Management, Product Development, Managerial, Creative Services, Strategy Development, Strategic Thinking, Strategic Analysis, Analytics, Interaction Design, User Interface Design, Technical Architecture, Technical Leadership, Social Media, New Media, Digital Media, VOD, Journalism, Mobile Devices, Analysis, Strategy, Web Video, Content Strategy, Television, Digital Strategy, Blogging, Radio, Information Architecture, Content Management, User Experience, Interactive TV, Broadcast, Multimedia, Editing, Web Design, Mobile Applications, Web Project Management, Agile Project Management, Mobile Internet, Web Analytics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension