Hands-on technical manager and developer with 9 plus years of experience in a financial services, 4 plus years of experience in development team management, project management, client management, and release management and 10 plus years of front-end web development experience. Managing development teams as large as 13 Java and PHP developers in the US and around the
Hands-on technical manager and developer with 9 plus years of experience in a financial services, 4 plus years of experience in development team management, project management, client management, and release management and 10 plus years of front-end web development experience. Managing development teams as large as 13 Java and PHP developers in the US and around the world in China, India, Korea and Belarus. Managing development projects using Agile and waterfall methodologies. Self-motivated and a self-starter. Striving to understand the big picture and deep understanding in solving issues. Ensuring team efficiency by removing obstacles, promoting collaboration and using best practices. Extremely comfortable working in startup environments. Excellent inter-personal, phone and email skills.
Senior System Engineer @ The position is part of the System's team and focuses on developing new functionality on their internal administrative portal (used by operations teams) and automating many manual processes. Development is a full stack development position, with PHP backend and Angular frontend development. The framework is a Restful OOP in-house framework. Development responsibilities also include interacting with MySQL, Redis, or Redshift Dbs for setting or fetching data.
The system uses Amazon technology stack like AWS, S3 to store files, SQS queue, along with other technologies like Iron MQ, Wowza, AngularJS front end stack, Git repository. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) AVP Development, IT @ Tradeweb is a financial services company which specializes in the bond, treasuries, and fixed income market.
The position focuses on client side development using AngularJS, Jquery, Bootstrap, SASS, CSS3, HTML5, Grunt, Gulp, nodejs, jasmine, protractor, D3 that interface with server side C++ API. Responsibility includes reimplementing old products using the newest web technologies from scratch. The client and server side communicate via JSON payloads.
* Style/development guide for projects – to help in development of new products, created a single page containing all visual elements like buttons, grids, inputs with code examples, naming convention, etc. Similar to Twitter bootstrap
* Authored a Grunt task – authored a custom task to merge/minify code
* Task runner automation – used grunt/gulp to automatically generate CSS from SASS files, run unit tests, do JS validation, etc
* Continuous integration – utilized Jenkins and batch scripts to setup CI loop. Currently managing 4 development branches
* Created Angular JS directives, services, filters, controllers, etc and unit tests using Jasmine and E2E tests via Protractor
* Authored server side services in C++ for communication between client and server From March 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 5 months) Director of DevOps @ This role was created to manage the change/release management, SDLC, on-boarding for all the products in the company. Something my team was doing previously on the cost basis side but now resposibilities extended to the entire product line. The products included cost basis, wealth management (our trading platform), and new products in the pipeline. Also ensuring DR environments and escrows.
* Managing 16+ client releases; (QA, integration, staging, production releases)
* Transition wealth management SDLC release process to be in line with cost basis SLC
* Manage releases and change management process for all products
* Ensure escrow and DR reliance From December 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 4 months) Director of Deployment and Support @ This was a hands-on technical management role for managing the cost basis product for all clients. Reported directly to the CTO.
* Managing 12+ clients of the shared team; managing production support, delivery, releases, client interaction, etc
* Interacting with clients in requirement gathering, strategic planning, conflict resolution, doing presentations, etc; interacting in person, over conference calls, webex or via emails.
* Managing client applications in the QA, integration (staging) and production environment
* Acting in architect role in resolving problems, answering implementation questions, project planning or requirement gathering
* Managing development teams, 13+ Java and PHP developers located in US, India, Korea and China
* Developing in Agile methodology with 2 week sprints
* Managing release/deployment team to ensure monthly, off-cycle, and emergency releases through the software development life cycle (SDLC)
* Administering change management process
* On-boarding and implementing new clients
* Interacting and coordinating with other teams in designing, strategic planning, conflict resolution, and task delegation. Teams include product, QA, infrastructure, client services, sales, operations, upper management like CIO/CEO, and/or project management teams
* Building a report server in NodeJS for monitoring team development status and the monthly releases using NodeJS Express framework, Mustache template, YAML, MySQL, twitter bootstrap and Highcharts.
* Building a Python OOP back-end for fetching and normalizing data into a local MySQL database used by the reporting servers
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension