Bachelor of Arts @
State University of New York at Buffalo
Seek success, but make mastery your goal!
For the past 5 years I've been active in the corporate conference space. Working with the Advanced Learning Institute I have had the opportunity to plan conferences big & small for both the private & public sector. At the Advanced Learning Institute we bring thought-leaders, experts, and industry professionals together
Seek success, but make mastery your goal!
For the past 5 years I've been active in the corporate conference space. Working with the Advanced Learning Institute I have had the opportunity to plan conferences big & small for both the private & public sector. At the Advanced Learning Institute we bring thought-leaders, experts, and industry professionals together under one roof where they can connect, collaborate, and learn from one another.
Working in a small, woman-owned business I have had the unique experience of wearing many hats, including (but not limited to): producing conferences, writing content, designing webpages, seeking partnerships, and customizing sponsorships.
If you're seeking personal or career development opportunities I strongly encourage you to take a look at what the Advanced Learning Institute has to offer.
Managing Director @ • Prepare materials for annual strategy meetings
• Conduct initial, and follow-up, interviews
• Identify and map out new topics, new locations, and new industries to target
• Provide new hires with a foundation of contacts and research for events
• Answer questions and provide tips & techniques in order for deadlines to be met
• Accompany producers to events to assist with AV and scheduling
• Review marketing copy with our marketing manager to key aspects of each event are higlighted
• Edit speaker submissions and assist producers in scheduling their sessions
• Prepare and review all print-materials created for each event
• Coordinate Linked-In paid advertising campaigns
• Create and send out sponsorship opportunities to relevant vendors for each event
• Edit all event brochures during design phases
• Build a webpage using Word Press for each event
• Adjust and review BEO’s for each event From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Oak Brook, IllinoisSenior Conference Director @ Our Focus:
A.L.I. is an independent conference production company, and is not associated with any particular industry, supplier or consultancy. We are dedicated to creating unbiased forums for discussion of best-practices and solutions. We help you and your organization keep up-to-date with the latest strategies, tools, processes and benchmarks that our conferences have to offer. These cutting-edge techniques will help your organization achieve its goals which may include increasing revenues, cutting costs, improving processes, complying with new laws and procedures, or understanding new technologies in today’s ever changing business and government environments. For government, we help attendees learn how to manage for results to ensure successful, innovative, high-performing agencies.
By attending an A.L.I. conference you will have many networking opportunities to meet, discuss and begin associations with other senior level executives at organizations across the globe. With the diverse and varied assortment of large, small, non-profit, international and government organizations in attendance at our training events, the networking and benchmarking possibilities are endless.
Our conferences bring together industry leaders and experts to share valuable business experience and best practices on how to meet tomorrow's competitive challenges, and find new solutions for business problems.
I am responsible for planning 8 to 10 of these events a year from scratch. These are created from research I conduct with past attendees, online resources, and phone conversations with those who are knowledgeable in the industry. I will then be on site to ensure that the event runs flawlessly. From October 2010 to Present (5 years 1 month) Oak Brook, IlAccount Executive @ • Conducted primary/secondary research to identify new clients in Fortune 500 companies; Premium Hoovers, LinkedIn, Jigsaw, and “dialing up” with administrators
• Created an interest in summits with clientele by delivering them relevant information first over the phone, then by emailing them the agenda, following up with another call
• Communicated efficiently with C level executives in order to build relationships
• Became familiar with the key topics and key speakers and their relevance among clientele From March 2010 to October 2010 (8 months) Social Media Maven @ • Managed the Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, Vox and LinkedIn accounts with a reach of over 2,700 followers.
• Generated word of mouth referrals by successfully improving the organizations online presence through conducting searches for non-profits and individuals interested in philanthropy, charity, entrepreneurship and any college clubs or activities that may be required to fund-raise.
• Used social media to build relationships with potential users, donors, and non-profits. Helped to reach record highs of website traffic, 13,000 hits in one month, $25,000 raised in two weeks.
• Performed extensive research on various social networking trends, particularly Twitter, to help drive brand awareness of GiveForward.org.
• Participated in a weekly lemonade stand as well as email blasts to create buzz for the event ‘Run4aReason” which raised $5,524.00.
• Managed successful migration of 411 GiveForward friends to the “National Give Day” fan page by writing personalized online invitations. From June 2009 to September 2009 (4 months) Telemarketer, Market Research @ •Conducted primary research across audiences of Medical Professionals, Business Owners, Education Professionals, Home Owners, Senior Citizens, College Students and Parents of adolescent children diagnosed with a variety of health concerns.
• Responsible for qualifying interested candidates to participate in focus groups by leading them through a brief questionnaire over the phone.
• Recruited past participants, and new participants who fit the qualifications for the specified project, to attend research conferences and seminars. Contacted them through email, fax and by phone.
• Clients included, but not limited to, Bausch & Lomb, Xerox, Citi Bank, Harris Interactive, Elsevier and Sedgebrook.
• Served as a primary point of contact with clients as well as created data excel spreadsheets in order to illustrate the progress of the project on a day-to-day basis. From October 2006 to August 2008 (1 year 11 months)
Masters of Science, Integrated Marketing Communications @ Roosevelt University From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor of Arts, Communications @ State University of New York at Buffalo From 2003 to 2008 Erin Sherwood is skilled in: Social Media, Blogging, Facebook, Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Strategic Partnerships, Social Networking, Training, Internal Communications, Integrated Marketing, Strategic Communications, Market Research, Newsletters, Media Relations, Event Planning, Email Marketing, Digital Media, Strategy, Marketing, Fundraising, Corporate Communications, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Nonprofits, Event Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension