Sr. Director AMER Sales (Cloud Management) @ VMware
SVP Sales & Global Projects (acquired by VMware) @ CloudHealth Technologies, Inc
Vice President Global Sales @ CloudHealth Technologies, Inc.
Saint Joseph's College
• Versatile portfolio of skills, with particular strengths in identifying early adopters, closing repeatable “profile-fit” customers, communicating strategic customer requirements with executive management, defining tactical & strategic sales plans for accelerated revenue growth, crafting compelling TCO/ROI analysis, negotiating mutually beneficial business and legal terms, securing case-studies and press releases, guiding regional marketing programs, driving successful channel
• Versatile portfolio of skills, with particular strengths in identifying early adopters, closing repeatable “profile-fit” customers, communicating strategic customer requirements with executive management, defining tactical & strategic sales plans for accelerated revenue growth, crafting compelling TCO/ROI analysis, negotiating mutually beneficial business and legal terms, securing case-studies and press releases, guiding regional marketing programs, driving successful channel sales activity, and ensuring customer success.
• 19+ years demonstrating consistent success in the computer software industry (endpoint security, desktop and client-side virtualization, enterprise applications, global content management systems, data management and middleware infrastructure technology) – pioneering disruptive product introduction ranging from enterprise whitelisting, global content management to client/server and distributed Internet/Intranet database (Relational and Object-Oriented) technology for mainframe, minicomputer, workstation and desktop environments.
• 10 years experience in direct sales management, product pricing, recruiting, employee recognition programs, training, OEM contract negotiations, ROI analysis, forecast and budget management, new business development and development of effective sales team expansion.
Specialties: PROFILE: An experienced enterprise software sales professional who thrives on the challenge of pioneering repeatable sales for an early stage organization introducing “game changing” technology. Proven skills in sales management, direct sales, SI/VAR/Partner channel development, and managing for customer success. Effective leadership capabilities with dedication to a disciplined work ethic, loyalty and integrity, while achieving bottom-line results in a high velocity culture.
Vice President Global Sales @ www.cloudhealthtech.com
Business performance management for the cloud
After getting his MBA, Eric began his career getting a solid foundation at Computer Associates where he gained both technical and sales management experience working with marquis organizations to deliver enterprise software solutions. Typical customers included TJX Corporation, BankAmerica, Caterpillar, and JPMC, among many others. He later progressed to lead sales and marketing efforts in various executive management positions for notable start-up’s which led to successful acquisitions including: Object Design, Inc. (acquired by Progress Software Corp.) and Virtual Computer (acquired by Citrix Systems, Inc.); plus another start-up, Bit9 where he learned more about enterprise security and compliance.
Eric has successfully managed direct and indirect sales and partner channels for application and cloud-based software sales and thrives on the challenge of pioneering repeatable sales for “game changing” information technology (IT) products, systems, solutions, and services. Eric specializes in growing sales for entrepreneurial and market changing companies by recruiting and developing technical sales teams, crafting sales and marketing strategies, and achieving market traction by generating early wins and referenceable customers.
In addition, Eric has used customer centric relationships to establish the right strategies to create and confirm new business models that are scalable for revenue and profit growth. This is particularly important for new start up’s requiring innovation with high velocity action.
Eric holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Bryant University, R.I., and a Bachelor of Business Administration from St. Josephs College, ME. From March 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) BostonGlobal Sales Manager, Client Virtualization Group @ May 9, 2012 - Citrix Announces XenClient Enterprise and Acquisition of Virtual Computer. New Offering Combines Power of XenClient Hypervisor with Enterprise-Class Management of Virtual Computer
- Global Manager of the "White Glove" Program for XenClient Enterprise
- Manager of Channel Partner, Distribution and Core Sales enablement
- Support customer deployments as XenClient Enterprise Specialist From May 2012 to March 2013 (11 months) Bedford, MAVice President Sales, Americas (acquired by Citrix) @ Established a leadership position in the Intelligent Desktop Virtualization (IDV) market by mapping critical customer requirements with the prioritization of product engineering efforts to support a repeatable "profile fit" sales model, resulting in record sales growth and customer satisfaction.
-Delivered VCI's 1st $1M+ in sales
-Consistently beat the competition
-Prioritized product enhancements/roadmap driving consistent revenue and repeatability
-Closed the largest single customer transaction & the largest NxTop deployment in VCI history
-Responsible for 4 of VCI’s Top 5 largest deployed "in production" customers
-Closed 2011 with 300% sales growth over 2010
-200% revenue growth from Q1 to Q2 '11
-Increased sales by nearly 500% in 2010
Customer wins include: JPMorgan Chase, Webster Bank, Butzel Long Attorneys, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Bryan LGH, PPLM, IVG, JSIC, Town of Lincoln MA, Residential Finance, Eielson AFB, First Reserve Corp, etc.
Eric Shoemaker is a successful sales executive with a career focused on growing sales for entrepreneurial and market changing companies. He specializes in achieving market traction, by generating early wins and happy customers. Eric’s 15+ year career began at Computer Associates where he gained technical and sales experience. He later went on to lead sales in various management positions for notable start-up’s such as Object Design, Inc., eXcelon, Inc., Idiom Technologies, and Bit9, Inc. Eric’s most notable successes include major customer wins with 7-Eleven, Caterpillar, Citrix, General Dynamics, Marks & Spencer and Novell.
Eric holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from Bryant College, R.I., and a Bachelor of Business Administration from St. Josephs College, ME. From February 2010 to May 2012 (2 years 4 months) Westford, MADirector, Sales @ Bit9, experts in enterprise application whitelisting for Windows computers.
Select customers: L'Oreal, 7-Eleven, Putnam Investments, TJX Companies, Ritz Camera Centers Inc., General Dynamics, CSC, Raytheon, Lone Star Business Solutions, Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores, Atlantic Health System, KPMG, Marks & Spencer, NBT Bancorp, Associated British Foods, Whitebox Advisors, The Bessemer Group, Trussville City Schools, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (ALSAC), Latham Int'l, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., etc.
- Top Sales Person, 145% of annual quota in 2008
- "The Atlas Award, Top Sales Person 1H 2008"
- 222% of assigned quota in Q2 and 143% in Q1 '08.
- Bit9's 10th Bit award for "Outstanding contributions to the success of Bit9 in 2007"
- "The Atlas Award" for Salesperson of the year in 2007
- "Magellan Circle - 2007 " (President's Club) for exceeding 100% of annual revenue goals.
- "2007 Sales Excellence Award" for delivering 246% of Q1 & Q2 quota.
- Secured unprecedented approval from the PCI SSC to replace anti-virus with whitelisting on retail store systems. From April 2006 to February 2010 (3 years 11 months) Regional Sales Manager @ -Delivered 296% of Q1 '06 quota.
-"Employee of the Month" in March '06.
-Achieved #1 RSM status for 2005
-107% of quota for 2004
-Recognized with Idiom’s “Sales Leadership” award for closing the most new customer accounts.
Responsible for direct sales of Idiom’s industry leading enterprise software application known as WorldServer Global Content Management System software and implementation consulting services. Working with prospects to identify business process improvements using automation as well as to quantify and present ROI/TCO potential to executive sponsors. Major customer wins with both Global 2000 & U.S. federal government customers include Caterpillar, Motorola, Internal Revenue Service, Information Builders, The Toro Company, Citrix Systems Inc., Evanston Nortwestern Healthcare, Novell, The Government of the District of Columbia, Plexus Scientific. Other notable deals include Nationwide Insurance, Unisys, Parametric Technology, Management Systems Designers, etc. From January 2003 to April 2006 (3 years 4 months) Director of Eastern North America (acquired by Progress Software Corp.) @ Responsible for sales of ODI's data management technology & services. Managing a sales team of 9 or more account managers and at least 5 pre-sales systems engineers with an annual quota of nearly $14 Million
· Ranked as #2 sales director, worldwide, in 2001 & 2002
· Ranked as #2 sales manager, worldwide, in 2000, at 115% of team quota
· Achieved 1999 & 2000 President's Club.
· Responsible for negotiating several multi-million dollar transactions, one of which is noted as the largest single transaction in the history of ODI.
· Built a successful team from the ground up.
· Identified and implemented a business development effort, with the CEO’s direct support, involving a key strategic vendor (BEA Systems, Inc.) directed at increasing market penetration of ODI's new EJB middleware technology
· Defined & rolled out eXcelon’s corporate “Global Account Management” Strategy. From January 2000 to January 2003 (3 years 1 month) North East Regional Sales Manager @ Sales Management North East Regional Sales Manager (New England & Canada)
Achieving over 100% of quota as an individual contributor within first 9 months, I was promoted to North East Regional Sales Manager for all of ODI's technology (includes ODI's C++ & Java Data management technology as well as all emerging B2B & BPM XML based product suite). From July 1999 to January 2000 (7 months) Account Manager (Direct Sales) @ Product responsibility includes ODI's data management technology & services (distributed object-oriented database for multi-tiered C++, Java & XML deployments). Primary focus of the ODI product suite is on high performance, scalability and time-to-market for the Telecommunications, ISV, Finance & E-Business markets. Annual total quota of $1.65 Million.
· Sold ODI's first Portal Server database (XML database and development environment) product to NEC. Within 6 months of this Sale, ODI hired the NEC's Chief Architect as ODI's new B2B business line CTO.
· Delivered ODI's first Javlin customer (EJB Middle-tier persistent cache for J2EE compliant EJB Servers). This first product sale to Copyright Clearance Center generated over $1.5M in software and services revenue). From October 1998 to July 1999 (10 months) Marketing Specialist (Direct Sales) @ Reporting directly to the Divisional Vice President of a $4 Billion software manufacturing company. Product responsibility encompassing mainframe, client/server, and internet/Intranet information integration and development software. Also sold object-oriented database and development software and Y2K testing and conversion software. Gained corporate visibility through CIO/CTO executive bridging and marketing events, coordination of new technology seminars and customer focused sales.
Territory included: States of ME, NH, MA, and the city of Albany, NY;
Accounts included L.L Bean Inc., EMC Corp., BC/BS of ME, Commercial Union Insurance, State Street Bank & Trust Co., State of Maine, Gillette Co., Boston Edison, Harvard University, Mass General Hospital, Converse. From September 1996 to September 1998 (2 years 1 month) VAR Marketing Specialist (Channel Sales) @ Channel marketing experience with financial, manufacturing, and other software management application vendors. Established initial sales support and partnership development programs with ASK Computer Systems, Inc. business partners. Generated new Ingres Database sales through joint sales meetings and channel marketing seminars.
Territory included the states of MA, NH, ME, RI, CT;
Selected accounts: Liberty Mutual, Polaroid Corporation, Raytheon Company, Putnam Investments, New England Electric, Dunkin Donuts Inc., M.I.T. From September 1995 to August 1996 (1 year) Client Service Representative (Inside Sales) @ Managed transition of the New Englands ManMan and Ingres DB client base during CAs acquisition of ASK Computer Systems, Inc. Increased CAs service revenue by contracting long-term software maintenance extensions, upgrades and other financial commitments with client base. Conducted relationship building and leadership activities with ASK user groups through formal introduction to CAs corporate strategy. From September 1994 to August 1995 (1 year)
M.B.A., Management of Operations and Technologies @ Bryant University From 1992 to 1994 B.S.B.A., Dual Major (Marketing & Management) @ Saint Joseph's College From 1989 to 1992 Business COOP @ Drexel University From September 1988 to 1989 Eric Shoemaker is skilled in: Enterprise Software, Sales Management, Direct Sales, Channel, Executive Management, Cloud Computing, Computer Security, PCI Standards, Virtual Desktop..., Hypervisor, Managing Start-ups, Sales Process, Go-to-market Strategy, Start-ups, Virtualization, SaaS, Sales, Selling, B2B, Solution Selling, Business Development, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, Channel Partners, Strategy, Pre-sales, Security, Professional Services, Leadership, Program Management, Customer Centric..., Strategic Partnerships, Salesforce.com, Demand Generation, Sales Presentations, Telecommunications, New Business Development, Entrepreneurship, Lead Generation, Business Strategy, Partner Management, Product Management, Product Marketing, Storage, Managed Services, Management, Account Management, Consulting, Business Intelligence, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension