Technical Product Manager (contract) @ Altus Assessments Inc.
Marketing Diploma @
I've been coding since I was a kid, and then later pursued an education in marketing and finance. Since then I've pursued mostly entrepreneurial ventures as either a CEO of CTO, and product consulting. I'm obsessed with unconventional cultures and management innovation and, in particular, scaling the trust-based collaboration that exists in a startup to an organization
I've been coding since I was a kid, and then later pursued an education in marketing and finance. Since then I've pursued mostly entrepreneurial ventures as either a CEO of CTO, and product consulting. I'm obsessed with unconventional cultures and management innovation and, in particular, scaling the trust-based collaboration that exists in a startup to an organization of any size.
As an entrepreneur, I've had success introducing new products to market by identifying strategies that benefit my business, our clients and their customers. I have a proven ability to identify a customer need, generate and examine creative alternatives, and develop them into solid, executable product development and marketing plans; from a water cooler discussion to a concrete financial plan. For the record, I've also failed many times. As an articulate, self-motivated product and marketing professional, I set quantifiable objectives and measure results against them, and I get things done from start to finish.
Founder @ From November 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Product Manager @ Product Management Consulting From October 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Toronto, Canada AreaTechnical Product Manager (contract) @ Altus administers a non-cognitive admissions exam for nursing and medical school applicants.
- was the first hire, and subsequently recruited 6 more talented individuals to the team.
- completely re-engineered for commercial production a project that had been built in a university for $1m+ over 4 years in under 6 months.
- aligned the UX with a typical user scenario of only visiting once, moving from the previous dashboard centric UI to a stepped serial progression.
- played a strong role in shaping a unique, memorable workplace culture that became a magnet for talent.
- interviewed stakeholders, gathered feedback, absorbed academic research and distilled them into the product vision. From March 2015 to August 2015 (6 months) Toronto, Canada AreaTechnical Product Manager (Contract) @ From June 2012 to February 2013 (9 months) Sales and Customer Marketing Specialist @ • Improved existing customer purchases by 36% by reducing the sales process from 7 steps to 2 and increasing accessibility.
• Decreased call centre load dramatically by simplification and standardization, enabling greater reliance on online FAQs.
• Exceeded acquisition goals by managing the design and launch of a powerful and easy to use website creation platform.
• Divided time between marketing, sales and account management, the collective knowledge benefiting all three functions.
• Closed sales and solved client issues within a single interaction by active listening and thorough investigation. From January 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 6 months) Founder (Product and Sales) @ Managed a website for people to share pictures and stories of their loved ones, in cooperation with funeral homes.
Conducted market research with stakeholders and developed a product to benefit them and their clients.
Headed up a team of developers and hired and trained salespeople, tracked performance and drafted client proposals.
Segmented the market, developed a plan and opened the first sales area, breaking even within four months. From November 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 3 months) Founder (Product) @ Developed sales forecasts and operations processes, and drafted detailed software technical requirement documents.
Cut operational and variable expenses in half by globalizing the supply chain and eliminating inventory and handling costs.
Infused a "think global, act local" ethic into every aspect of product development, marketing and fulfillment. From May 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 6 months)
B. Comm. Finance @ Ryerson University From 2003 to 2007 Marketing Diploma, Marketing @ Centennial College From 2002 to 2003 OSSD @ Markham District High School Eric Rogness is skilled in: Social Media, Product Management, Market Research, Marketing, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Product Development, Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Team Leadership, Process Improvement, Web Analytics, Online Marketing, Strategic Planning