Dynamic marketer with proven track record for launching residential hardware and software products into domestic and international channels. Strategic planning, product development, creation and execution of B2B and consumer marketing campaigns, and cross-team management for successful deployment. Marketing, business and technical expertise are a unique and desirable fit for an organization looking to improve its communications and
Dynamic marketer with proven track record for launching residential hardware and software products into domestic and international channels. Strategic planning, product development, creation and execution of B2B and consumer marketing campaigns, and cross-team management for successful deployment. Marketing, business and technical expertise are a unique and desirable fit for an organization looking to improve its communications and profits.
• Strategic Planning
• New Business Development
• Product Management
• Budgeting & Cost Containment
• Sales Analysis & Forecasting
• Market Research & Competitive Analysis
• Campaign Planning & Management
• Public Relations & Agency Management
• Event Planning & Management
• Copy & Technical Writing
• Conventional & eMedia Placements
Vice President, Product Marketing @ From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Vice President, Content @ From February 2012 to January 2014 (2 years) Charlotte, North Carolina AreaVice President, Product Strategy @ Key responsibilities include strategic direction for development initiatives and positioning/presentation of products through SnapAV's B2B e-commerce website. From September 2010 to March 2012 (1 year 7 months) Director of Marketing & Communications @ • Brand development and marketing management for the ELAN Group’s four brands - ELAN, Sunfire, HomeLogic, Aton
• Business planning, strategy and sales analysis
• Media planning and public relations management
• Cross-departmental cooperation – including offsite locations in WA and MA – to ensure efficient and effective product launches
• Key initiatives: Nationwide consumer “blitzes” in 8 markets including regional TV ads, campaign web site and dealer open-house events; Transition from HomeLogic brand and products into ELAN; Cross-departmental effort to introduce new dealer, domestic and international distributor agreements for 2010; 2010 Integrated Systems Europe show management for four sister companies; Resource allocation to manage a contracting workforce with rising sales & marketing demands From August 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 2 months) Director of Marketing & Product Development @ Brought in as part of new management team after the company was acquired by ELAN. The brand enjoyed 2X growth within the first 3 years.
• Brand development, shift from “boutique” to “luxury” message
• Integrated marcom and sales functions into the ELAN organization
• Management of outside creative services
• Business planning and regular forecasting sessions with General Manager
• Media planning and public relations management
• Served as general liaison between WA R&D facility and KY headquarters
• Key initiatives: Detailed SWOT analysis in 2007 and 2009, Managed deployment of new consumer website in 2008, “Wizard Tour” consumer events featuring Sunfire’s founder, Bob Carver From November 2005 to September 2010 (4 years 11 months) Integra National Product & Marketing Manager @ During four year tenure as National Product & Marketing Manager, the Brand enjoyed 10X growth, going from a virtual unknown to one of the darlings of the CI channel. Key responsibilities included:
• Launched ONKYO’s high-end INTEGRA and INTEGRA RESEARCH brands into the specialty retail and custom installation channels
• Acted as liaison to product planning, engineering and marketing teams in Japan
• Managed outside agencies for creative development, including print & web advertising campaigns, annual product brochures, quarterly price books, press relations, and trade shows
• Developed marketing and product launch campaigns for new product introductions.
• Created and implemented a 90-day new product launch process which included collaboration with other specialty vendors (Crestron, AMX, Middle Atlantic, D-Tools, and others) to ensure product compatibility prior to shipment.
• Worked tightly with Sales, Support and Engineering to hone sales, marketing, product and training strategies.
• Performed regular dealer and sales representative trainings From 2001 to 2005 (4 years) Project Engineer @ • Design and installation of home automation systems
• Audio, video, lighting, HVAC, security, CCTV, and communications systems integration in residential and commercial applications
• Managed installations and worked directly with consumer electronics manufacturers
• Extensive use of AMX, Crestron, PHAST, LiteTouch, and other whole house control systems
• Close collaboration with technical and engineering departments at manufacturers to develop new products and interfaces From January 1997 to January 2001 (4 years 1 month)
BSEE, Electrical Engineering @ Duke University From 1993 to 1997 Eric Harper is skilled in: Product Management, Product Marketing, Strategic Planning, Advertising, Global Sourcing, Consumer Electronics, Product Development, B2B, Sales Operations, Strategy, AV, Competitive Analysis, Online Advertising, Sales, Marketing Communications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension