Director, Agency and Commerce Consulting @
University of Manchester - Manchester Business School
Accomplished and commercially minded Executive with multi-channel retail experience, having developed and delivered strategic business growth within both the Luxury and Consumer sectors. Honed skills in a broad spectrum of disciplines, including: e-commerce, retail, trade sales, marketing and operations, with an in-depth understanding of diverse markets and cultures. Thrives on difficult challenges and creative ways of solving
Accomplished and commercially minded Executive with multi-channel retail experience, having developed and delivered strategic business growth within both the Luxury and Consumer sectors. Honed skills in a broad spectrum of disciplines, including: e-commerce, retail, trade sales, marketing and operations, with an in-depth understanding of diverse markets and cultures. Thrives on difficult challenges and creative ways of solving business issues, by thinking strategically and acting tactically, always with pace, passion and customer focus. Having worked in a family business and VC-backed environment, resilience and adaptability to the fast-changing needs of a global business underpins this Executive’s drive for success. Delivered and currently developing, the global e-commerce capabilities for Vertu, a major luxury mobile phone brand.
Commercial Expert: formulating the budget and long-term strategies for multiple divisions, utilising significant sales, marketing and operational experience.
Leadership: takes a vigorous hands-on, practical approach leading company or business unit with key focus on employee and business development.
Project Management: ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment - detail-oriented, deadline driven and able to multi-task with solid organisational and time-management skills, utilising lean product discovery and agile development methodologies.
Operational Excellence: identifies process and supply chain inefficiencies and develops restructuring strategies for implementation of new improvement programmes.
Negotiation: range of international experience, including £2.2m e-commerce project, £200k new product development deal in China, supplier trading terms, marketing investments, development initiatives and internal and external stakeholders.
Problem Solving: ability to view problems from different angles and to think outside of the box to get things done, including resourceful crisis management on a daily basis.
Head of Global eCommerce & Sales Development @ Responsible for delivering global e-commerce and multi-channel retail capabilities and developing the strategy, external partners and operational management of new sales channel, whilst ensuring the luxury online experience meets the brand guidelines and consumer needs to maximise revenue potential.
• Successfully delivered e-commerce to 38 countries including Europe, USA & APAC across 7 languages, 6 currencies and 9 legal entities, including a localised China e-commerce solution. On the Demandware platform.
• Mobilised leadership of a global cross-functional project team within a matrix organisation, including: Marketing (Digital, CRM, Social and Consumer Insights), Supply Chain, IT, Finance, Operations, Legal, Customer Service, Revenue Protection, Planning and Merchandising.
• Accountable for full P/L responsibility (£2.2m CAPEX) for e-commerce delivery and development, including selection of: e-commerce platform Demandware, service integration partner, regional online payment providers and fraud prevention. Integrating platform with business IT infrastructure, including: SAP, Salesforce CRM database and a bespoke product configurator.
• Collaborating with internal and external partners to manage all aspects of global omni-channel operations, including: strategy, development and optimisation initiatives across the complete conversion funnel. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Program Office Manager @ Identified, planned and oversaw key strategic projects across the organisation, providing leadership, coordination and management of the PMO processes and function.
• Developed the 3-year business strategy alongside functional Directors, collaborating with relevant teams and ultimately gaining VC Board approval of the strategy.
• Assisted the CEO to ensure he was fully prepared for important meetings, documented key outcomes and next steps and then followed-up with key stakeholders to solidify all commitments.
• Attended board meetings to present Program Office updates and take minutes, which provided valuable insight into the decision-making process of the Board and VC backers.
• Ensured that all 2014 programs and projects were on track to meet organisational goals and requirements. From October 2013 to July 2014 (10 months) Management Consulting Project - Supply Chain @ Supply Chain efficiency Consulting Project to identify operation improvements to reduce fresh food waste in-store by analysing the trade off between product life, availability and waste. Make recommendations for business process improvements and waste saving strategies. From June 2013 to October 2013 (5 months) Business Development Manager @ Senior Management responsible for five consumer brands, direct sales channels and restructuring initiatives, for an international specialist distributor / retailer of photographic equipment and services.
• Restructured a double-digit declining department (saving £95k per year) to become more customer focused, reduced costs and increased performance by 24%.
• Created a new direct field sales team selling direct to B2B and consumers (£400k during first six months of trading), as well as selling to other retailers (£1.7m).
• Secured exclusive UK distribution rights to additional consumer brands, launched their products to the UK retail and consumer markets, created first year targets and built their strategic marketing plan. From July 2012 to December 2012 (6 months) Managing Director @ Multi-channel award winning, family business in camera retailing, running day-to-day business.
• Day-to-day responsibility for £29m turnover specialist camera retail business, including the setting of budgets and coordination of projects, P/L responsibility, frequently led by example on the ‘shop floor’.
• Controlled buying and category management for £25m budget, managing critical relationships with suppliers, notably digital cameras grew by 6.54% despite market decline of 7.4% in value (FY 2011).
• Created the project and secured the sourcing of 80+ own branded product lines from China, including: product quality, pricing and packaging, which led to a 90% category margin increase.
• Identified and implemented cost reduction initiatives across the business in November 2011, leading to a reduction of 7% of the workforce and the preemptive closure of an under-performing store. From October 2011 to July 2012 (10 months) General Manager @ Major project management, marketing, operations, HR and financial management responsibilities.
• Directed a £500k IT Project, implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX multi-channel platform, which enabled the delivery of click-and-collect functionality driving incremental footfall basket spend by 30%.
• Project managed retail store openings from sight identification and property negotiations to store layout, shop fitting and merchandising plans.
• Presented and Q&A for 500 delegates at Microsoft Conference on implementation of IT System.
• Implemented a new online marketing strategy, focused on Cost-per-Acquisition (CPA), targeted adwords spend and increased affiliate marketing activity leading to a 20% increase on ROI. From October 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 1 month) Business Development Manager @ Founded new business units, secured large corporate customers and devised customer focused activity to grow business.
• Created B2B department responsible for selling existing product lines to government agencies, press agencies and blue chip companies on credit terms, which grew to £2 million department.
• Developed an invitation-only retail experience for professional clients in basement of London retail store, which added £500k of incremental sales to individual store through the initiative and created a Jacobs Digital Photographic community for photographers in London. From September 2006 to October 2009 (3 years 2 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Distinction @ University of Warwick - Warwick Business School From 2012 to 2013 Bachelor's Degree, Management (Specialising in Marketing), 2.1 @ University of Manchester - Manchester Business School From 2003 to 2005 GCSE and A-Levels @ Loughborough Grammar School From 1995 to 2002 Elliott Jacobs is skilled in: E-commerce, Business Strategy, Strategy, New Business Development, Business Development, Digital Marketing, Sales Management, Retail, Operations Management, Management, Marketing, Website Development, China Business Development, Change Management, Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension