IT professional with over 18 years of experience. Motivated leader who is eager to contribute creativity and management skills toward the success and growth of the organization. Exceptionally receptive in learning new hardware/software. Effective analytical and technical problem solving skills. Ability to interpret problems and offer effective resolution. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Cooperative team player. Experience
IT professional with over 18 years of experience. Motivated leader who is eager to contribute creativity and management skills toward the success and growth of the organization. Exceptionally receptive in learning new hardware/software. Effective analytical and technical problem solving skills. Ability to interpret problems and offer effective resolution. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Cooperative team player. Experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to work flexible hours, willing to travel and work at multiple locations. Fluent reading, writing and speaking English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
AWS EC2, AWS VPC, S3, VMWare, CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, CayotePoint Load Balancing, Kickstart Riverbed Stingray, Apache, Tomcat, Memcache, Cron, Bash, SVN, Nagios, Nimsoft Monitoring, Cacti, Groundwork, Blackhawk IP, OpenFire, Sparks, NTOP, Qmail, Dynamic DNS, DNS failover, named, SAN, NAS, DAS, NFS, iSCSI, iptables, SELinux, WinBind
Active Directory, Group Policies, SNMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, BIND, Telnet, SSH, iDrac, iLO, IMPI remote management, Network bounding, trucking, Microsoft Exchange
Configure Cisco, Force10, HP 3com and Brocade switches, Sonicwall firewall, configure VLAN, Subnetting, routing, STP, Cisco Call Manager , Shoretel, Mitel phone system. Microsoft Office, Mac OS, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 7, CentOS. VMware, EXSI, vSphere, and VPN
Specialties: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Jan ‘10
MCSE June '11
MCSA June '11
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Jan ‘10
NCSA Sept '11 (Nimsoft Certified Systems Administrator)
CompTia A+ July ‘03
Sr. IT Manager @ • Create SolarCity IT Infrastructure strategy, roadmap, hardware budget (over $17 million)
• Development & Implementation of MPLS/VPLS/IPsec for over 100 offices nationwide
• Lead a team of IT professionals responsible for Data Centers, Network (voice and data) and Application Support
• Integration of IT Infrastructure for an “always on” multiple data center design
• Lead significant technology change programs
• Lead overhaul and upgrade of production infrastructure to resolve capacity and stability limitation
• Create a stable, scalable platform to accommodate future growth while simplifying and automation admiration.
• Technologies implementation included Ethernet/fabric switching, LACP, Dynamic routing protocols (OSPF and BGP), virtualization, enterprise storage technologies, SAN, load balancers NAS and etc. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Manager - IT Services @ • Support an IT infrastructure with over 500 virtual machines across 3 datacenter and 90+ offices nationwide
• Renovate large scale offices IT infrastructure with zero outage and eliminate third party support to cut cost of quarter million dollars
• Deploy automation for new users account creation and equipment setup to support over 1000 new hires monthly
• Repurpose existing IT equipment and saved the company over $650,000 in equipment purchase quarterly
• Deploy network and asset management that support 10,000 users
• Analyze bills and eliminated millions of dollars on IT charges
• Streamline IT process to accommodate our rapid growth of the company
• Responsible for managing all major IT services for corporate infrastructure
• Manage a team of 25 Technical Services Engineers to meet departmental goals via appropriate allocation of workload and effective resource management
• Administer company infrastructure included but not limited to Network, VMware, AD, DNS, DHCP with over 9000+ employees
• Deployed over 90 offices around the country and network design and IT equipment installation with IPsec tunnel setup
• Deployed network load balancing to improve company sites availability and performance
• HQ and core offices network overhauled and equipment upgrade
• Deployed MPLS/VPLS company-wide for company 24/7 call and sale centers
• Formulate performance improvement plans and makes termination decisions as necessary
• Mentor, evaluate, and develop employees
• Monitor day to day work of staff for process adherence and compliance
• Evaluate employee work and productivity
• Final point of escalation for all technical matters From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) IT Infrastructure Manager @ • Setup Production Linux based systems with multipath to EMC VNX SAN and cluster GFS2 iSCSI clustering on Informatica servers.
• Build a Kickstart environment to centralize configurations and software for production servers.
• Automated and backup log management and rotation to production server’s log for possible troubleshooting.
• Supporting Java based production servers and code releases with zero downtime.
• Build and manage development, test, demo and performance environments located on local workstations, private-clouds and Amazon AWS.
• Automated S3 bucket to backup oracle redo logs from production database server to EC2 cloud for DR.
• Ability to use and setup open source tools like (MediaWiki, Nagios, NTOP, Catia and etc..)
• Network design and management, mixed manufacturer networking environment (Cisco switches, VPN, Brocade switches)
• Windows 2003 domain controllers upgrade to Windows 2008 R2 and raise functionality with minimal downtime Exchange 2010 setup/configuration with DAG and coexistent with Exchange 2003 for migration with zero downtime vShpere and vCenter implementation with central management and monitoring for multi locations virtualizations Linux server's implementation
• Kickstart Cent OS Maintain and constantly improve server performance, reliability and security, including file system layout and optimization, and update in compliance with security policies on both Linux and Windows servers Configure
• Install Dell servers in office and datacenter colocations Nimsoft database and network monitoring tools
• Administrations Everyday administrator task (GPO, WSUS, TrendMicro AV, Vipre AV, ShoreTel phone system and etc) From July 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaIT Support Engineer @ • Setup LDAP with Linux servers to have single login and user access management
• Configure and deploy Redhat server in production and setup fiber channel to SAN with HA
• Setup Named server in AWS cloud for EC2 instances to have multiple interfaces for failover
• Setup NFS farm with NAS to centralized share mount point.
• Provided System & Network support which included user support and server support with technical queries in a professional manner
• Saved the company over $10,000 dollars a month on MPLS bills by using network optimization technology Cross-Platform email support (Mac mail, Outlook, Entourage, Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile)
• Ensure classification of incidents, trouble ticket status kept and issue of service level reports Support and maintain user account information including but not limited to rights, security and systems groups Saved the company on over 50% on server cost with virtualization environment
• Managed all IT procurement Planed and proceed with two major servers and datacenter move for the company
• Ensure communication with vendors for Logged & Reported H/W and S/W problems Build
• Deployed and maintained systems, network, servers and security infrastructure and various applications at both our hosted and office sites Managing Cisco Call manager VoIP system and switches From April 2009 to July 2011 (2 years 4 months) Systems Administrator @ • Responsible for the day-to-day operations, monitoring, troubleshooting, automation and configuration client’s servers
• Provided expert level technical support for issues elevated from the support center and other technical services groups; ensured reliable operation of production; diagnosed and troubleshoot availability interruptions
• Provide technical support for application and environment configuration issues.
• Maintained, monitored, and tuned production system and applications performance; debugged source code and performance problems and provided debugging assistance to developers; identified opportunities to improve performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks)
• Planed and implemented new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects; tested, installed, and migrated software, patches, upgrades, applications, and hardware. (e.g., Design and Implementation of Group Policy Objects tested in virtual environment.)
• Performed system restores and formed backups as necessary; performed preventive maintenance on servers Worked with vendors, IT staff and network engineers to troubleshoot problems with server applications Performed migrations of customer data as needed to maintain balanced loads on systems
• Assisted with site location, and successfully managed the Data Center relocation for 200 users and active servers, and successfully coordinated every facet from build-out to move-in-ready From December 2005 to April 2010 (4 years 5 months) Senior Escalation Specialist @ • Managed and coached other employees for customer service skills
• Coordinated escalated issues with customer, troubleshoot and resolved customer's issues
• Troubleshoot and resolved end user issues for computer and mobile devices From August 2003 to December 2005 (2 years 5 months) Technical Support Specialist @ • Repaired and maintained computers and servers Configured new hardware, installed and updated the software packages
• Created and maintained computer networks Performed Spyware/Virus Removal on client workstations. Monitored and scheduled definition updates as needed to maintain security integrity Provided printer, fax, scanner and miscellaneous peripherals support Provided PDA, Blackberry and miscellaneous mobile devices support Configured computer networks From February 2002 to August 2003 (1 year 7 months) Computer Technician @ • Analyzed computers in providing technical support to 30+ employees Reclaimed output devices such as displays, printers and speakers
• Monitor networking hardware, including routers, switches, and wireless networks Deployed enterprise Antivirus security software across network Administer Exchange tasks and configure Outlook on client workstations to implement E-mail access Setup/maintain print queues From June 1998 to January 2001 (2 years 8 months) Customer Support Engineer @ • Ensured a smooth functioning of all the system Troubleshoot implementation issues; software, connectivity, etc.
• Purchased of new software and hardware (phones, computers, network equipment and tracking IT assets) Responsible for troubleshooting computer/network related issues. Supervise preliminary diagnosis, and refer repairs to vendors. Install and maintain approved software and hardware components Deployed production servers. Project Manager lead on new site deployments. Work with facilities in Network infrastructure planning. Planned and implement new network switches and fiber (MDF/IDF) at new sites From June 1998 to January 2001 (2 years 8 months)
BS, Computer Information Systems @ California State University, East Bay From 2004 to 2006 Eddie Lee is skilled in: Windows Server, VMware, TCP/IP, Servers, DNS, Cisco Technologies, Data Center, Virtualization, DHCP, VPN, Cloud Computing, IT Operations, System Administration, Backup Exec, Firewalls
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension