Bachelors of Science, Information Science and Technology @
Accomplished ERP developer specializing in Banner/Portal programming using industry leading products such as Oracle’s Application Server 9i/10g and Ellucian’s Luminus 4.x/Banner, for rapid agile development. Customized solutions for projects of high risk and complexity in an ERP environment. Ten years of experience designing and implementing interfaces for Luminus 4.x and Oracle Application Service (OAS); enhancing the usability
Accomplished ERP developer specializing in Banner/Portal programming using industry leading products such as Oracle’s Application Server 9i/10g and Ellucian’s Luminus 4.x/Banner, for rapid agile development. Customized solutions for projects of high risk and complexity in an ERP environment. Ten years of experience designing and implementing interfaces for Luminus 4.x and Oracle Application Service (OAS); enhancing the usability of financial systems and student enrollment. Development of Ellucian Banner product for Financial modules that interface with banks, loan companies, payroll, and Human Resources (HR). Also, skilled in Mobile framework implementation and RESTful solution development and proficient in Java Portlet development and implementation (JSR 286). Technical implementation and testing of application components to support users through Luminus’ single-sign-on and federated authentication schemes. Reliable team player throughout a project’s life cycle – development, testing, and final implementation.
• Familiar with: C/C++, PERL, Unix shell scripting, Ant, Maven
• Oracle Application Server 10g, Apache httpd, Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0, IIS 5
• Eclipse IDE (J2EE, JEE), Oracle's SQL developer, Tortoise, Visual Studio (ASP.NET), Dreamweaver, Fireworks
Software Developer @ From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Senior Consultant @ Senior Consultant with a focus on Banner Student, Ellucian Luminis Portal, and
Banner Web Tailor Self-Service including customized programming methodologies in Java, Grails, and Python.
• Developed PL/SQL scripts that converted/reorganized curriculums across three colleges changing the enrollment model from trimester to semester.
• Implemented Banner® API’s, using PLSQL, to create curriculum programming that updates Banner® applicant, learner, and outcome records.
• Customized database views and PL/SQL packages for custom reporting.
• Provided strategic guidance analyzing client’s custom RESTful architecture while validating its extensibility for adding functionality. This framework was implemented in Groovy/Grails (1.3.7) and designed for mobile applications.
• Leverage Banner API’s to use pre-existing RESTful frameworks to evaluate the extensibility, future-functionality, and usability of the framework on mobile platforms.
• Customized RESTful architecture for authentication, development, testing, and conceptual analyst.
• Implemented AJAX libraries (jQuery) in Self Service Banner® (SSB) to add GUI functionality to SSB course catalog. This functionality displayed the building locations of all courses when user hovered over the building code.
• Served as technical developer for implementation of customized Student grading module-participation by automating the creation of Banner® Jobs in INB.
• Developed a RESTful solution in Python to accept admission applications submitted using PESC XML validation and extraction of information from XML application posted to RESTful web service using Django-RESTful-framework. The extracted information was distributed into Banner® using custom PL/SQL packages simulating a newly submitted application into Banner®. Building this RESTful implementation enabled new applications to be submitted from any website or mobile device that conformed to the PESC application standards. From August 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 10 months) Greater San Diego AreaSr. Software/ERP Developer @ • (Banner/Luminis) Worked on post-installation tasks included establishing roles and groups in LDAP and configuring the same in Portal Access control.
• Installed and developed custom source code architecture for a SVN, and CVS, code repository; enabling agile programmers and functional competency teams to develop in a aggregated environment.
• Providing a web based open source solution (GForge) collaborating two technologies SVN and CVS; allowing for SCRUM development and production control turnovers.
• Integrating solutions for the ERP-DBA team to maximize the use of Oracle ERP databases and SVN technology. The essential goal would be to "version-ize" the database schemes automatically and developing a solution to automate this process.
• Implemented Java J2EE infrastructure classes for LDAP authentication and Oracle JDBC connectivity for Luminis portal.
• Developed custom J2EE classes for SAML2 implementation and federated authentication with PNC Bank for financial aid tuition deposits.
• Authored custom webtailer interfaces (SunGard Banner) to interact with Nelnet payment Gateway for tuition payments and student admission/application fees.
• Effectively managed synchronized scripts that collaborated and populate all the assigned groups, and its members, into Luminis' portal environments.
• Custom Luminis 4.x (uPortal) Channel Development for Blackboard integrated and e-learning systems.
• Installing multiple Luminis 4.x portal environments needed for testing and development for the ERP project.
• Facilitate organizational change as the department moves from the mainframe to ERP Project.
• Develop custom applications for Luminis 4.x Portal implementing Generic Connector Framework (GCF) for Single Sign-On (SSO), Campus Pipeline Integration Protocol, Luminis Banner API, Self Service Banner (web tailor).
• Installed Luminis 4.x Portal Implementation enabling LDAP support using Groups and role-based authorization. From June 2000 to August 2012 (12 years 3 months) IS Development Specialist @ • Designed, Developed and Delivered web based/server side applications using J2EE Technologies (Java, Swing, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, DOM/SAX, Struts, Spring and Web Services) Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0.
• Developed custom J2EE Mirapoint Portlet implementing JSR-168 in Oracle Application Server 9i (portal) using Oracle Portlet Development Toolkit (PDK).
• Built custom building blocks for Blackboard e-learning system.
• Experience in development of critical business applications utilizing Spring framework.
• Created 3-tier intranet solution, for different departments and colleges such as ID card swipe systems written, in ASP/SQL Server 2000, to record the interactivity of tutoring for students in labs.
• Designed, personalized, and supported complex reports and ASP reports.
• Developed database applications that support the objectives of university needs and Computer Services; systems for tracking performance/activities within ACSIT. From July 2002 to June 2004 (2 years) Web developer/System Administrator @ • Developed personal web pages for Community College of Philadelphia (http://www.ccp.edu). Install and configure Windows NT 4.0.
• Working with various college(s) by contracting web design projects for clients in Philadelphia such as Department of Human Service (DHS) and Temple University.
• Install and configure Windows NT 4.0.
• Advise students and professors with problems on the UNIX and Windows NT operating systems.
• Advise students and professors with software related problems (debugging computer programs, FTP, telnet) on various operating systems. From September 1996 to June 1999 (2 years 10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension