Bachelor’s Degree, Industrial Technology @
Iowa State University
Doug is a forward-thinking senior leader that focuses on getting things done with demonstrated experience troubleshooting and solving strategic and tactical business problems resulting in developing win–win solutions. He effectively optimizes people, processes, and technology to achieve value-added benefit to the enterprise. Doug is also passionate about leadership and continuous improvement enabling breakthrough strategies to coach, mentor
Doug is a forward-thinking senior leader that focuses on getting things done with demonstrated experience troubleshooting and solving strategic and tactical business problems resulting in developing win–win solutions. He effectively optimizes people, processes, and technology to achieve value-added benefit to the enterprise. Doug is also passionate about leadership and continuous improvement enabling breakthrough strategies to coach, mentor and elevate the performance of the organization and its associates. An ex-Division I athlete with an MBA, Doug builds synergistic partnerships and establishes relationships with internal and external stakeholders. He is a dynamic change agent who possesses the vision and tactical ability to execute from envisioning to successful completion.
Specialties: Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure Operations, Budgeting, Leadership, Global IT Delivery & Data Center Operations, Problem Solving, Theory of Constraints, Enterprise Project & Portfolio Management, Negotiating, Process Excellence, Continuous Process Improvement, Security / Disaster Planning, IT Governance, Enterprise Resource Management, Six Sigma Methodology, Lean & Systems Thinking, Strategic Planning, Change Management, Vendor Management, Operations Management, Team Building, Training / Mentoring
IT Director @ Provides leadership, strategy, and overall vision and direction for the architecture, infrastructure, and security services across the enterprise to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives. Domains include but not limited to application and technology road maps, plan/build/run of all infrastructure components including data center technology and hosting services, wide and local-area networks, identity management and remote access services. Oversee the development, maintenance, and advancement of the organization’s information security management program to ensure information assets, intellectual property and critical infrastructure are adequately protected and security policies and procedures comply with appropriate business processes and regulations.
- Reduced annual OPEX of data connectivity services by approximately $1 million through strategically sourcing services to better align with strategic and operational objectives.
- Quickly recognized as an effective and experienced leader resulting in doubling responsibilities within first 100 days and doubled again prior to one year of employment.
- Increased technology service robustness, business continuity and stabilized operational and capital expenditures by establishing lifecycle management of all enterprise infrastructure assets, creating redundancy and resiliency strategies, and developing monitoring and support processes and procedures.
- Increased IT efficiency and customer responsiveness through the full implementation of the IT operating and service delivery model with below industry budget benchmarks. From October 2011 to Present (4 years 3 months) Global IT Manager @ Accountable for the overall design, deployment, operation, maintenance and direction of technology services and architecture including, but not limited to data and voice communications, infrastructure, datacenter operations, disaster recovery, security, storage, hardware, software, and enterprise business resources. Managed the evaluation, development and implementation of strategic IT plans to ensure business capabilities are responsive to the requirements of the company’s growth and objectives. Satisfied significant deficiency in critical IT skill sets through the assessment, evaluation and gap analysis of enterprise IT resources with below average industry budget benchmarks. Increased network infrastructure security with the deployment of next generation firewall and intrusion prevention systems.
- Significantly increased business continuity of datacenter connectivity and productivity of remote locations through the redesign of network infrastructure drastically reducing single point failures and reducing operational costs by 50%.
- Radically increased the organization’s ability to respond to business requirements and reduced capital expenditures by 30% through the implementation of virtualization technologies.
- Eliminated need for tape backup and off-site storage with the implementation of an enterprise backup strategy utilizing de-duplication technology.
- Re-designed branch office IT infrastructure resulting in annual operating budget savings of $1.2 million.
- Improved customer service and user responsiveness and visibility with the implementation of an agent based monitoring and ticketing systems.
- Established test environment and implementation processes to reduce service disruptions of updates and changes to critical business systems.
- Implemented enterprise disaster recovery facility reducing the risk of losing $2 million of daily production output. From November 2007 to November 2011 (4 years 1 month) President @ Provided organizations ranging from $30 million to $5 billion with support services including software implementation to train, develop, adapt and implement practical, customizable and agile solutions using a holistic combination of project management, Theory of Constraints (TOC), Lean Thinking, Six Sigma and other systemic based approaches.
- Co-Led implementation of many maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) initiatives at several US Naval shipyards resulting in due date and cost performance record while experiencing 30-40% scope creep and saving $1 million in monthly overtime.
- Consulted a leader in geosynchronous communication satellite development in reducing product development cycle time by 30% creating a competitive advantage in the industry.
- Guided one company through a series of process improvements that resulted in double-digit growth, 99%+ in due date performance, production cycle times went from days to hours, product development cycle time was reduced by more than 40% and on-time project performance went from 40% to 90% using the same or fewer resources.
- Facilitated organizations in creating tailored business strategies giving senior management and all functional areas a cohesive set of non-conflicting goals and objectives for achieving profitable growth.
- Consulted several organizations in reducing product development (project) and production cycle times resulting in increased throughput and due date performance.
- Additional benefits from implementations include but not limited to: fewer union grievances, fewer OSHA reportable problems, increased product quality, less overtime, improved use of on-the-job training (OJT), consistent project priorities across the enterprise, less paperwork in hand (WIP) at any given time, more effective use of overtime, fewer meetings, and better decision making. From August 2003 to November 2007 (4 years 4 months) Corporate Project Manager/Process Analyst @ Led the development, restructuring, and implementation of enterprise-wide initiatives and projects aligned to corporate business goals and objectives. Created, marketed and sold concept of position to board and senior management. Reported to and assisted senior vice presidents in aligning process improvement programs to strategic business objectives. Served as deployment champion for Six Sigma implementation initiative.
- Created, marketed and sold concept of position to board and senior management.
- Reported to and assisted three senior vice presidents in aligning process improvement programs to strategic business objectives.
- Developed and led the implementation of critical chain multi-project management (CCPM) that immediately recognized results through the importance of project staggering and critical resource management reducing the product development cycle by 30+% increasing speed-to-market.
- Led the selection and implementation of a customer relationship management (CRM) solution to enhance global relationships of current and potential key accounts increasing customer retention.
- Led the restructuring and implementation of key account management global communication process improving relationships with customers, suppliers, and sales reps.
- Developed and served as a coach for the Rapid Improvement Superior Commitment (RISC) program which manages and coordinates all enterprise process improvement activities.
- Served as deployment champion for Six Sigma implementation initiative. From January 2000 to August 2003 (3 years 8 months) Systems Engineer @ Planned, developed, implemented and managed corporate network infrastructure including several critical enterprise business applications such as; email, email and Internet filtering, electronic data interchange (EDI), and web site with dynamic-driven product catalog. Served as critical team member in the planning, implementation and deployment of major ERP application. From August 1997 to January 2000 (2 years 6 months) Manufacturing Engineer @ - Reduced manufacturing costs by 25% through the evaluation and analysis of manufacturing processes.
- Team leader in the design of new/existing manufacturing processes and methods to produce a cost-effective product using such techniques as Advanced Product & Quality Planning, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, ergonomics and Poka-Yoke (mistake proofing).
- Led activity based costing analysis to determine cost allocations for product development and support that resulted in the restructuring of resources to improve development and support of product families.
- Team member in the restructuring of a flexible product development process, a quoting/costing process that was more responsive to the market, a tooling program that resulted in the reduction of tool build rework and an employee evaluation program that generated a better measurement of employee performance. From January 1995 to August 1997 (2 years 8 months) Process Improvement Manager @ - Led teams through the development and implementation of lean strategies for reducing cycle times by 25%, production costs by 20+%, inventory by 20+%, set-up reductions by 40% and product defects by 10+%.
- Successfully coordinated implementation with production employees in a union environment.
- Implemented under budget within six months of starting new position.
- Division was recognized as being an internal expert that advised and educated other divisions in lean concepts.
- Managed plant operations and supervised workforce of 60 for a $10 million passenger elevation accessory manufacturer. From August 1993 to January 1995 (1 year 6 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @ University of Northern Iowa From 1996 to 1999 BS, Industrial Technology @ Iowa State University From 1988 to 1992 Doug Jonah is skilled in: Theory of Constraints, Change Management, Critical Chain Project Management, Strategic Planning, Continuous Improvement, Project Portfolio Management, Process Improvement, IT Management, Data Center, Problem Solving, Operations Management, Leadership, Lean Thinking, Vendor Management, Mentoring
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension