Vice President - Commercial Consultant @ Minova Australia
BS, Chemistry and Business @
University of Louisville
Achieves Results through Strategic Innovative Leadership!
Highly accomplished international business development, sales and IT program manager executive, with expertise in selling effectiveness optimization and commercial information technology (IT) strategy. Extensive experience in the chemical, Oil & Gas, urethanes, energy, coatings, inks, oil field services, mining, food, automotive, industrial and municipal markets. Strong track record of leadership success
Achieves Results through Strategic Innovative Leadership!
Highly accomplished international business development, sales and IT program manager executive, with expertise in selling effectiveness optimization and commercial information technology (IT) strategy. Extensive experience in the chemical, Oil & Gas, urethanes, energy, coatings, inks, oil field services, mining, food, automotive, industrial and municipal markets. Strong track record of leadership success building high performance teams. Consistently delivers bottom line results through a collaborative and metrics driven approach, by establishing clear expectations, accountability and a sense of urgency.
Core Competencies and Skills
▪ International Business Development
▪ Sales Effectiveness Consulting
▪ Sales Leadership
▪ Value Proposition Development
▪ Channel Optimization
▪ Business Strategy
▪ Technical Innovation Development
▪ Financial Analysis
▪ Global SAP roll-out – Commercial BPO
▪ Business Case Development
▪ Commercial Process Optimization
▪ Global Relations
▪ IT Program Management
▪ Strong Delegator
▪ Continuous Process Improvement
▪ Commercial Information Technology (IT)
▪ Customer Relations Management (CRM)
▪ Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
▪ Demand Management
▪ Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt
▪ SPIN Selling Coaching
Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing @ D.J. Wroble is the Sr. VP of Sales & Marketing for Raven Lining Systems, providing sales, service and support. Raven Lining Systems has a proud and rich history as a leader in the water, wastewater and manhole rehabilitation industry. Raven is a company built on the confidence that our partners and staff have consistently placed in it over time. This confidence is shown in the protection, strength, experience, and commitment represented every day in our products, customer service and technical expertise. Raven has been providing effective, efficient and economic solutions to water and wastewater infrastructure problems for more than 25 years. It is this forward-thinking that allowed Raven to recently expand into the oil/gas and industrial markets.
Raven delivers confidence through its products, solutions and network of trusted certified applicators. These certified applicators are provided continuous education on the latest methods and cutting-edge technology. Currently, we have more than 50 certified applicators serving customers nationwide with a combined level of experience which is unmatched in the industry.
For more information, call 800-324-2810, visit www.ravenlining.com From 2013 to Present (2 years) Tulsa, Oklahoma AreaSr. Consultant - Selling Effectiveness & IT Commercial Strategy @ Provide consulting services to optimize selling effectiveness and commercial process optimization, by leveraging IT applications and six sigma methodologies to realize increased financial return on investment results.
• Assessment of personnel, business strategy, value proposition, market, and commercial & IT processes.
• Joint development of commercial strategies to optimize performance of people, products and processes to increase new business closes, market share, revenue, margins and return on sales.
• Commercial IT solutions strategy development and implementation program management to improve productivity. (SAP, S&OP/Demand Management; CRM; Channel Optimization; Cost to Serve; Business Rules) From 2008 to Present (7 years) Greater Atlanta AreaVice President - Commercial Consultant @ • Developed a selling effectiveness and order to fulfillment optimization strategy to increase new business revenue, improve efficiencies and prepare Minova mining service’s integration with their global parent Orica.
• Included an assessment of the business; establishing financial accountability by sales professional; implementation of a sales funnel process; optimized order to fulfillment (OTF) process; commercial succession planning; a formal training development strategy; and SPIN Selling methodology implementation.. From March 2012 to September 2012 (7 months) Global Director of Sales @ Directed a global commercial team of 45 sales professionals and 110 channel partners to realize double digit profitably grow for a $45M/year specialty textile inks businesses in +60 countries.
• Increased revenues 11%; gross margins 15%; operating income 30% and new business closures 36% by growing market share in a mature industry through a metrics driven, customer centric value selling approach.
• Increased global sales channel efficiencies through a performance based distributor strategy, which resulted in the closure of $16M of new textile screen printing inks business.
• Developed and implemented a rigorous “Sales Playbook” program to drive results by increasing focus on sales funnel management, coaching, training, strategic planning and leveraging of channel partners.
• Leveraged “Sales Force” CRM dashboards, reporting and sales funnel to manage all activities & results.
• Managed global brands (ie. Nike, Puma, Adidas, Carters) to generate pull through demand strategies for custom textile screen printing and service solutions. From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) Greater Atlanta AreaGlobal Commercial GM Petro-Chemicals @ Led a global enterprise solutions business development team targeting $2B growth in the petro-chemicals segment for energy and water technologies, which includes the development of coal gasification with carbon capture.
• Directed value pricing initiative to push gasification of coal or other carbon materials to chemicals and fuels, as an alternative feed-stock and energy source to meet industry sustainability challenges.
• Identified and developed a $1B opportunity to upgrade refinery bottoms into power and poly-gen feed-stocks in Saudi Arabia utilizing GE gasification technology for Dow and Saudi Aramco.
• Identified, developed and rolled out a $250M waste fuels program, which allowed chemical plants and refineries to covert low value process by-products into electricity and steam.
• Six Sigma Green Belt; CECOR Marketing; Pricing Strategy and Advanced Management Training. From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) Greater Atlanta AreaGlobal Director Commercial IT Processes @ Internal commercial consultant working directly for the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing to integrate and optimize four (4) companies into one CP Kelco, by developing and implementing Global standard sales processes, IT strategies, policies and procedures to optimize profitability.
• Business Process Owner for Global SAP 4.7 ERP, APO Demand Management and Business Warehouse platforms.
• Program Manager for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), leading an IT team to develop the strategy, specifications, budget approvals and adoption of a Sales Logix based platform for +300 end users globally.
• Worked collaboratively globally with the IT project team, IBM and four (4) businesses to successfully implement all IT initiatives on time and under budget to better serve our customers and achieve CP Kelco’s financial targets.
• Developed strong documented processes, training, metrics and incentive strategies to assure 100% adoption rates.
• Led additional commercial process optimization and selling effectiveness initiatives: Working Capital Champion, for account receivables; Value Selling Training and Legal Commercial Contract Management.
• Developed and executed channel optimization strategies, which included cost to serve, customer segmentation and business rules, which delivered in a 20% reduction in selling costs and higher revenue through efficiency improvements, resulting in increased margins of $10M/yr for a $750M Hydrocolloid Specialty Additives Company.
• Six Sigma Transactional Green Belt and commercial lead for lean manufacturing initiative. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Greater Atlanta AreaSpecialty Urethanes Sales Manager - Automotive & Industrial @ Specialty & Automotive Urethanes Sales Manager - Chicago, IL 1999 - 2005
Directed fourteen (14) sales and technical service professionals and integrated three (3) acquisitions for a specialty urethanes business serving both the industrial and automotive markets.
• Grew region sales to $110M (+40%), with the highest contribution margins per headcount by working closely with our technical innovation teams to develop and commercialize custom solutions for large customers like Ford, Intier, Leer, Harley Davidson, John Deere, Sub Zero, Great Dane, Genmar and Polaris.
• Increased EBIT by $15M for a $600M Specialty Urethane Business through channel optimization, which included cost to serve, customer segmentation, rationalization and business rules implementation.
• Developed and implemented demand planning SAP APO process to improve forecasting.
Commodity Urethanes Global Strategic Account Executive - Mt. Olive, NJ 1995 – 1999
• Managed $175M per year of Sales to Multi-National/Multi-Site Accounts, coordinating all account activities across BASF divisions and groups on a Global basis within the BASF matrix organization.
• Corporate customer relationship management, working capital optimization and training projects teams
• ISO and QS 9000 Internal Auditor
Hydrochloric Acid Market Development Manager - Houston, TX 1993 – 1995
• Developed and Implemented hydrochloric acid market strategies, which resulted in selling out 100% of new waste stream capacity, Increasing sales by over 250% and returning $1.25M chlorine contribution
• Directed channel and export sales, technical service, and negotiation of long term contracts
• Project Manager for construction of a rail car trans-loading terminal to support logistics.
Specialty Food & Beverage Key Account Manager - St. Louis, MO 1991 – 1992
Food & Beverage Coatings & Ink Technical Sales Representative - Anaheim, CA 1988 – 1991
Food & Beverage Coatings Development Chemist - Cincinnati, OH 1985 – 1988 From 1985 to 2005 (20 years) Strategic Account Manager @ From 1996 to 2001 (5 years) Strategic Account Manager @ From 1996 to 2001 (5 years) Strategic Account Manager @ From 1996 to 2001 (5 years)
MBA, Industrial Manufacturing @ Xavier University - School of Business Administration From 1985 to 1987 BS, Chemistry and Business @ University of Louisville From 1979 to 1983 Saint Xavier High School Louisville, KY From 1976 to 1979 Donald J. (DJ) Wroble, Jr., MBA is skilled in: New Business Development, Forecasting, Business Strategy, Sales Management, Leadership, Market Development, Negotiation, Marketing Strategy, Pricing, Key Account Management, Strategic Planning, Additives, Team Building, Coatings, Product Development
Looking for a different
Donald J. (DJ) Wroble, Jr., MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension