Account Managment | Solution Architect | Project Management | Business Development @ Telecom & Information Technologies - Exploring Opportunities
Customer Sales Manager and Solution Architect @ Ericsson
Customer Sales Solution Manager @ Ericsson
Certificates, Mobile Broadband & Heterogeneous Networks 5G, Cloud Based Telecom, Small Cells, WiFi @
I am an accomplished and customer focused Senior Sales Manager and Network Architect with 20+ years of proven track record in Telecommunications and Information Technology sectors working with fortune 500 companies designing and selling advanced integrated telecom systems and managed services in a highly competitive market. I have served in different leadership roles and have the ability
I am an accomplished and customer focused Senior Sales Manager and Network Architect with 20+ years of proven track record in Telecommunications and Information Technology sectors working with fortune 500 companies designing and selling advanced integrated telecom systems and managed services in a highly competitive market. I have served in different leadership roles and have the ability to organize and lead globally and culturally diverse sales and engineering teams, develop new business, increase sales and close technically complex transactions, by actively engaging, consulting with and advising the customer on local and global markets and technology trends.
Should you be interested in discussing further the benefit that I can bring to your organization, don’t hesitate to contact me at Desmond.John.Rafferty@gmail.com
Skills and Expertise:
Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Development, Business System Support (BSS), Business Planning, Coaching, Communication, Continuous Improvement, Contracts, CORE Network (Circuit Switched & Packet Switched), Cloud Core (Network Function Virtualization), Cost Optimization, Convergence, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Financial Reporting, Growth Optimization, Information Technology, Leadership, Management, Mentoring, Negotiation, Presentations, Problem Solving, Process Improvements, Profit and Loss Management, Project Management, Program Management, Radio Access Network (GSM, WCDMA/HSPA+, LTE, Advanced LTE, WIFI), Recruitment, Relationship Management, Risk Management, Sales, Service Development, Service Optimization, Strategic Planning, System Integration, Telecommunications.
Account Managment | Solution Architect | Project Management | Business Development @ My expertise includes: Account Management | Solution Architect | Sales Engineer | Project Management | Business Development. From June 2015 to Present (5 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaCustomer Sales Manager and Solution Architect @ Analyzing, designing & developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for customers. Developed new profitable business for Ericsson by consulting with customers, developing and defining customer needs, and translating customer needs & technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions & proposals.
• Capture new business for Cloud Based Mobility Soft Switch, first in the region resulting in $2 Million US
• Captured new business and new market ousting key competitor resulting in $20 Million US Sale of Packet Core Technology, Managed Services and generating high margin software sales
• Increased market share of 4G LTE technology by positioning LTE as viable replacement for fixed Wireless Access resulting in $1 Million US
• Captured new business and new market for integrated Wi-Fi networks resulting in $0.5 Million US
• Captured new business for 4G LTE mobility and the advancement of heterogeneous networks (5G) technology through the sales of integrated small cells hardware and high margin software sales resulting in $90 Million US
• Increased market share of 2G and 3G access technology and high margin software sales, defeating key competitor in three markets resulting in $50 Million US
• Increased market share of highly specialized radio access small cell platforms
• Obtained trusted advisor status with Customer’s Chief Technology Officers (CTO) responsible for 5 markets within the Sales Region From 2010 to July 2015 (5 years) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaCustomer Sales Solution Manager @ Intensely Customer facing role which required excellent communication, oratory, presentation, and sales skills. Identified the opportunity and for defined the total solution from a customer perspective applying company portfolio strategy and roadmaps for product, software and services, inclusive of 3rd party partner products, from tentative to final contracted solution. Mobilized, led and project managed all necessary resources and subject matter experts, identified risk and risk mitigation. Forecasted and ordered of all contracted hardware, software and for supporting the delivery teams through the project conclusion inclusive of managing customers concerns.
• Successful sale, management, and delivery of multiple mobility network projects across multiple markets maintaining and at same time increasing margins
• Constant customer interaction, product placement, and performance of proposals and project delivery resulted in fending off major competitors (Huawei, Nokia, Cisco, ZTE) and in the displacement of existing vendors (Nokia, ZTE)
• Identified Major Market risk for aged Mobile Soft Switch, developed and sold both internally and externally product program to place newest Cloud Based Mobile Soft Switch Platforms, effectively fending off competitors (Nokia, ZTE, Huawei) From 2010 to June 2015 (5 years) Florida Serving Caribbean and Region Latin AmericaSales Engineer @ Wireless Business Development - Sales
Provided exceptional engagement abilities critical to attaining sales and profitability goals for Nortel’s Unified Solutions business. Developed leads and relationships with CEO, CFO, CTO, CIO, and Procurement decision makers. Engaged various municipalities and government agencies to ensure national concerns for social infrastructure development.
• Ranked among top 10% sales producers; exceeded quotas by up to 30% in multiple years; awarded trips to Hawaii and Spain. (2005-2007)
• Positioned new and disruptive technologies to create fresh synergies; raised $345,000,000 in revenue closing multiple $100,000,000 accounts for wireless services, having out maneuvered competitors, Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei From June 1999 to June 2010 (11 years 1 month)
Associate’s Degree, Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering @ Humber CollegeCertificates, Mobile Broadband & Heterogeneous Networks 5G, Cloud Based Telecom, Small Cells, WiFi @ Ericsson Academy From 2010 to 2015 Site Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering @ Northern Telecom From 1990 to 2010 Des Rafferty is skilled in: Cloud Based Telecom, IP, 3G, UMTS, Telecommunications, LTE, Wireless, Wireless Network..., Sales, GSM, 4G, Mobile Devices, SIP, VoIP, Network Design, Unified Communications, Product Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension