Principal, Technology Vendor Management & Sourcing Advisory @ WGroup, a Wavestone company
Enterprise Head of Technology Vendor Management, Sourcing, & Procurement @ Envision Healthcare
Director Technology Vendor Management & Sourcing @ Willis Towers Watson
Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting @
University of Maryland College Park
Deepak is currently serving as a Director of IT Vendor Management Office in developing the Global VMO from start up to a Managed Governance Services Steady State. Deepak has significant consulting experience in developing and managing approaches and execution plans for strategic outsourcing and vendor relationship management and governance. As Director, Deepak currently manages service level agreements
Deepak is currently serving as a Director of IT Vendor Management Office in developing the Global VMO from start up to a Managed Governance Services Steady State. Deepak has significant consulting experience in developing and managing approaches and execution plans for strategic outsourcing and vendor relationship management and governance. As Director, Deepak currently manages service level agreements to exceed standards, create accountability with IT partners, and designed operational metrics and dashboards. He coordinates with each Technology functional area on their sourcing requirements and expectations, and has significant interactions with all key leaders in the organization and key vendor executives. Deepak also monitors business partner satisfaction levels with the delivery of these services and goods, and assesses the overall health of the Vendor relationship.
IT Vendor Management (VMO) & IT Strategic Sourcing @ Vendor Management
•Designed IT Vendor Management Offices (VMO) processes in managing providers in their Relationship, Financial, Performance, and Contractual commitments. Assessed the enterprise current VMO practices, defined a charter, and developed processes relating to enterprise objectives. Conducted workshops to validate the processes in place, and determining key stakeholders, and roles and responsibilities.
•Led the implementation of a Managed Governance Tool to automate the VMO enterprise to a steady Managed Service State. Measured the effectiveness and governance of the vendors in delivering each contractual obligation as defined in within the service provider agreements.
•Own and delivered the oversight for the global managed service operation, by standardizing governance meetings and administer core competencies related to invoice review and validation, service performance management, change control, issue management, project management, and communication management.
•Oversaw and administered the relationships to preserve anticipated business case and tracking of the various financial models to determine savings for the life of the agreement (Value Leakage).
•Supported execution of the Communications and Change Management process for the Sourcing, VMO, and Managed Governance implementations.
IT Sourcing Strategy
•Led and executed IT Sourcing projects including strategy development, preparation of RFP's, supplier negotiations, business case recommendations with total cost of ownership (TCO), and contract execution for Healthcare, Non-Profit, and Telecommunications clients. (Applications, End User Service & Service Desk, Data Center, Network & Telecom, IT Security, and Print).
•Management of competitive bid processes including RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s
•Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract “red-lining” (editing). From May 2012 to June 2015 (3 years 2 months) Greater Nashville AreaSenior Consultant Security & Privacy @ • Developed and oversaw Information Technology Audits for Federal Agencies and Fortune 500 focusing using Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Section 404 and SAS70/SSAE16. Also, performed the IT audit of existing systems, while directing the administration of security policies.
• Served as the Lead IT Security Team Lead for a ($5M) SNAP/TANF application implementation at the Department of Health Human Services for the State of Montana using Federal Regulations NIST 800 series, HIPAA impacting over 80,000 state residents.
• Led a COBIT IT Governance Assessment of current IT processes at the Volkswagen Group of America using 4.1 version control objectives in establishing a standard framework. With this framework, the maturity levels of controls were assessed with a scorecard. A final report was created on the maturity levels of the IT processes, and opportunities for improvement were presented.
• Served as the Team Lead in conducting the Department of Justice IT Security Program Assessment for all its components (i.e. Bureau of Prisons, ATF, and US Marshalls).
• Senior Lead Consultant in a ($20M) Financial Strategy Transformation and Compliance Audit Remediation project, focusing on initiatives to address major deficiencies identified by external auditors for Information Technology Integration for the U.S. Coast Guard. Tracked and monitored progress of ITGC Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Notice of Finding and Remediation (NFR) efforts. Responsible for overseeing the verification of compliance with information security laws, regulations, and policy, including federal mandates, DHS 4300A, FISMA, and NIST 800-53 series
• Acted as advocate and primary liaison with a security vision with the company’s executives, department heads (Legal, HR, IT, & Internal Audit), and end users. Developed the design and implementation of a disaster recovery and business continuity plans for IT Audit Compliance. From June 2006 to May 2012 (6 years) Greater Nashville AreaInformation Technology Consultant @ • Served as the Senior Functional Requirements Consultant for the Office of Financial Management for the Federal Aviation Administration, in implementing Peoplesoft Projects v 7.5. At the FAA, responsibilities consisted in conducting requirements gathering, implementation approach, best practices, addressed process issues, and lessons learned. Also, conducted a Gap Analysis to ensure the PeopleSoft Application met all FAA’s business processes, moderate changes in procedures to be sure “Best Practices” is the norm, identifying necessary interface for capture, and issues that require possible policy change. From February 2001 to April 2002 (1 year 3 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Master’s Degree, Information Technology @ The George Washington University - School of Business From 2000 to 2001 Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting @ University of Maryland College Park From 1990 to 1994 Deepak COP is skilled in: Vendor Management, Strategic Sourcing, Managed Services, IT Vendor Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension