Over twenty-five years of progressive experience in Project Management, Project Controls and Construction Management. Combines proven ability to deliver complex capital projects on time and within budget with strong people leadership traits. Champion in the creation of Project Management and Project Control processes that are integral components of a “Best in Class” project delivery system. Engineering degree
Over twenty-five years of progressive experience in Project Management, Project Controls and Construction Management. Combines proven ability to deliver complex capital projects on time and within budget with strong people leadership traits. Champion in the creation of Project Management and Project Control processes that are integral components of a “Best in Class” project delivery system. Engineering degree with MBA, Professional Engineer, Project Management Professional Certification and Six Sigma Black Belt certified.
Project Director @ Leadership of the Calcasieu LNG Project (http://venturegloballng.com/calcasieu-pass/) which has filed the joint application to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) on September 8, 2015. From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaDeputy Project Director/Director Project Controls @ Dual Role: 1) direct and coordinate activities to support execution of multiple ISBL units to insure goals and objectives of project accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and 2) leadership of the Project Control Team on Sasol's largest capital investment - Lake Charles Chemicals Project (LCCP). Developed Project Execution and Construction strategy procedures for the execution phase of project. Monitored and provided monthly reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule. Key advisor to Sasol Management and Project Director on execution/construction issues. Member of Commercial Team negotiating multiple contracts with engineering and construction firms. Final Investment Decision reached Nov’14 (Total Investment Cost Estimated at $9B). From August 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 11 months) Houston, Texas AreaVP Project Controls @ Lead a staff of over 180 Project Control Professionals in the execution of EPCM/LSTK projects in 3 separate business units, each with own P&L. Responsible for strategy, policy and program implementation of all estimating, cost control and planning/scheduling associated with Onshore, Offshore and Subsea projects (O&G, Refinery, Process and Petrochemical) executed within the North America Region ($7.3B+ Annual). From June 2008 to August 2013 (5 years 3 months) Houston, Texas AreaProject Director @ Team leader for the development of FEED packages of Dow technologies within the Dow-Saudi Aramco Mega Project. Process facilities engineered by this effort was $10B TIC From January 2006 to December 2008 (3 years) Houston, Texas AreaProgram - Project Controls Manager @ Director level position with overall program level responsibility for leading a team of Project Control professionals in the areas of estimating, cost control and planning/scheduling on an $8B Mega Project in Oman. Key advisor to Project Director on execution strategy issues. Project representative on JV Finance Team.
• Developed and championed effort to significantly increase the level of accuracy of authorization estimate that was personally reviewed with corporate board of directors
• Led numerous in country benchmarking efforts
• Obtained Six Sigma Black Belt certification From January 2004 to January 2006 (2 years 1 month) Houston, Texas AreaEngineering Manager - Civil Engineers @ Led the efforts of over 130 engineers and designers assigned to project teams to perform detail engineering on capital projects.
• Developed and implemented a summer intern program which consisted of rotations through home office engineering, construction and operations, resulting in 100% acceptance
• Decreased attrition of full time staff by 70% over previous 3 year average
• Corporate award for excellence in people leadership (2002 and 2003)
• Developed and filled the Ethylene Business Partner role, responsible to interface/liaison to the internal operating division, consult on early project strategy and conduct project reviews From January 2001 to January 2004 (3 years 1 month) Houston, Texas AreaProject Manager @ Overall EPCm responsibility to deliver Ethylene, Polyethylene and new technology projects in Gulf Coast. Project execution was SELF PERFORMED using internal engineering, procurement and construction management resources. Project size 250MM to $650MM.
• First project was completed at 88% of budget/industry average cost and 95% of industry schedule.
• Second project was completed at 95% of budget/industry average and 93% of industry schedule.
• Second project was on JV Partner site where OSHA safety statistics of project were reduced 60% of this site’s 3 year rolling average. From June 1999 to January 2004 (4 years 8 months) Manager - Project Controls @ led the efforts of over 50 professionals performing estimating, cost analysis and planning/scheduling on over $2.3B in projects annually.
• Developed and published standard work process for department that was leveraged to other divisions within company
• Led the development of Dow’s Global Cost Tracking Tool that is linked to 7 different internal procurement systems and 2 SAP accounting systems. Tool is still used today to track/forecast cost for all capital projects worldwide From January 1994 to June 1999 (5 years 6 months) Project Controls Manager @ Project Controls Lead on numerous captial projects ranging from $100MM to $500MM
• Recognized as internal consultant on advanced project management, execution strategy and project control strategies for capital projects.
• Team leader/member of various process re-engineering teams in areas of Project Controls, Project Management and Construction Management with results implemented throughout corporation. From January 1989 to January 1994 (5 years 1 month) Construction Coordinator/Construction Manager @ Coordinated and directed efforts of field construction teams, liaison to clients of operating companies, contract administration and project reviews with upper management From August 1980 to January 1989 (8 years 6 months)
MBA, Business Administration and Management, General @ Texas A&M University From 1976 to 1980 BS Civil Engineering @ Texas A&M University From 1972 to 1976 David Teague is skilled in: Project Execution, EPC, Primavera, Project Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Pipelines, Project Control, Construction Management, Primavera P6, Energy, Contract Management, Oil/Gas, MS Project, Capital Projects
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension