BSE & AA, Electrical Engineering @
University of Central Florida
I am a Systems Engineer with successful experience in leading defense and civil space systems companies. My expertise is in program and systems engineering management and coordination of information warfare and space ground checkout systems design development, integration and test. My strengths include coordination of and collaboration with engineering teams to achieve performance, cost, schedule, and risk
I am a Systems Engineer with successful experience in leading defense and civil space systems companies. My expertise is in program and systems engineering management and coordination of information warfare and space ground checkout systems design development, integration and test. My strengths include coordination of and collaboration with engineering teams to achieve performance, cost, schedule, and risk management program metric targets. I have planned, developed; dry run and review released various levels of formal and informal unit test procedures. I have also coordinated production process support of commercial telecom and military avionics subsystems manufacturing assembly and test.
Specialties:• Aerospace Program Engineering Management
• Electronics Systems Engineering Management
• Test planning and procedure development
• EVMS Cost Account Management
• System/Subsystem Integration and Test
• Bid and Proposal coordination/development
• Technical documentation development
• Subcontract technical evaluation/oversight
• Production process manufacturing support
• Recent Master of Science degree
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• Marquis Who’s Who
Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer @ Individually contribute in the development, customer review, release and document maintenance of legacy US Army combat vehicle Information Support Plans (ISPs) for the Army Heavy Brigade Combat Team (HBCT) C4ISR and Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicle Joint Program Offices. Analyze, develop and maintain MRAP Family of Vehicle (FOV) Integrated Digital Backbone Capability Set Tech insertion design review documentation products. . Generate and coordinate execution of Army Ground Combat Vehicle Vetronics performance and qualification test procedures. From November 2009 to Present (6 years) Littleton, MAPrincipal Systems Engineer @ Coordinate and guide all technical aspects of program engineering development and subcontractor/supplier support as the Program Engineering Manger for airborne Compass Call and other Air and Ground information warfare system lowest replaceable unit (LRU) production programs. Coordinate and manage program engineering team military Information Warfare systems design, integration, and test as well as change and new contract bid proposal efforts.
• Coordinated design artifact development and delivery of the Future Combat Systems (FCS) Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) 1 Airborne Platform Communications System (APCS) through Preliminary Design Review (PDR) phase as the Communications Systems Integrator (CSI) platform technical lead.
• Coordinated, cost out and championed a calibration process automation effort to reduce an airborne signal jamming pod antenna range production test labor effort by half.
• Resolved a critical flight test discovered acquisition receiver over-temperature shutdown sensitivity issue by working to procure a thermal chamber and use it to baseline a production acceptance test that effectively screened out the shutdown faults during unit assembly integration.
• Planned, developed, and conducted a variety of Information Warfare System, subsystem, and lowest replaceable unit functional test procedures at different levels of systems integration and test. From April 2001 to September 2009 (8 years 6 months) Electronics Technican First Class (E-6) @ Augmented Joint Mobile Ashore Support Terminal (JMAST) unit active duty staff of deployed mobile ground based C4I system. Maintained and operated various shore-based computerized communications and information systems. From May 1983 to December 2001 (18 years 8 months) VSAT Product Line Engineer @ Coordinated, scheduled and prioritized high flexibility commercial wireless communications product line test technician and assembler prime product and customer return work activities. Regularly status product line operational throughput to senior level management.
• Completely cleared over two years of product line customer field return backlog by implementing repair and test process improvements without impacting prime production throughput. From August 1999 to March 2001 (1 year 8 months) Customer Service Engineer @ Resolved customer called-in product issues close to real time for a variety of Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) software applications. Replicated support issues and quality assurance tested application fixes prior to customer release by evaluating customer sample Computer Aided Design (CAD) file reads into Computed Automated Manufacturing (CAM) software applications. From November 1998 to August 1999 (10 months) Multifunction Assembly Production Engineer @ Coordinated, scheduled and prioritized avionics radar and missile system electronic subassembly product line test technician and assembler prime product and customer return work activities. Bench tested and troubleshot avionics radar and countermeasure system electronic subassembly production and field return units. From December 1996 to September 1998 (1 year 10 months) Sr. CITE Systems Design Engineer @ Assistant design and development lead for the Space Station Processing Facility (SSPF) Cargo Integration Test Equipment (CITE) Space Shuttle orbiter avionics simulator system design, facility installation, activation, and validation. Liaison with outside groups to define common system interfaces. Also managed documentation development and coordinated operational mission CITE sustaining systems engineering.
• Researched the system interfaces for, laid out and coordinated the drafting development of the SSPF CITE ground checkout system Advanced Electrical Schematics (AES) drawing package from scratch in Intergraph EE Schematic CAD format. This became a CAD format and component library template for all other SSPF facility activation project ground checkout systems AES drawings. From June 1991 to December 1996 (5 years 7 months) Sr. Associate Communications & Tracking Systems Engineer @ Assistant lead in overall design development and technical integration of third Orbiter Processing Facility (OPF 3) Communications and Tracking (C&T) avionics ground checkout laboratory. Liaison with outside groups to define common system interfaces. Coordinated design documented for the NAVIDS and other RF communications avionics ground checkout systems facility installation, activation, and validation. Designed sustaining avionics ground checkout system engineering change modifications and provided lab support of integrated operational firing room shuttle C&T avionics system testing.
• Researched the exiting system installation and the parts list to coordinate the drafting development of the duplicate C&T checkout station long run cable pressurized nitrogen distribution system, the long run cable terminal distributors facility placement and the Ku Band Target Track Antenna placement in during the OPF 3 facility activation project
• Located spare patch distributor terminals and coordinated the wiring and verification of the distributor patch-boards to route firing room remote command control, status and data hardwire signals to and from the OPF 3 C&T station. From August 1988 to June 1991 (2 years 11 months) Electronics Technican First Class (E-6) @ Onboard the USS Horne (CG-30) and USS Barry (DD-933); supervised and directed daily shipboard work activities for up to 12 technicians. Troubleshot, repaired, and maintained the AIMS Mk 12 Identification Friend or Foe (IFF), SRN-12 OMEGA navigation and various other shipboard radar and communications electronics systems and subsystems. Managed ship’s electronic test equipment calibration recall program and calibrated and repair test multimeters. From January 1977 to February 1983 (6 years 2 months)
Master of Science, Systems Engineering @ The Johns Hopkins University From 2003 to 2007 BSE & AA, Electrical Engineering @ University of Central Florida From 1983 to 1988 Associate in Science, Liberal Studies @ State University of New York - System From 1980 to 1981 HS Diploma, College Prep @ Frank W. Cox High School, Va. Beach From 1972 to 1974 David Ainley is skilled in: Systems Engineering, Aerospace, DoD, Security Clearance, Avionics, Earned Value Management, Engineering Management, Quality Assurance, Testing, Process Improvement, Military, Integration, Electronics, Six Sigma, Proposal Writing, Risk Management, Wireless, Navy, Engineering, Manufacturing, Radar, System Design, Management, RF, Program Management, Troubleshooting, C4ISR, Requirements Analysis, Requirements Management, Electronic Warfare, Software Engineering, Defense, System Testing, Configuration Management, Space Systems, Test Equipment, System Architecture, Government Contracting, Information Assurance, Spacecraft, Command, Simulations, SIGINT, Defence, Sensors, CMMI, Air Force, System Integration..., Army, Electro-optics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension